• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Nicki Minaj is back on twitter, gurls better be ready Starships video is coming

hottie2.gif

So here are three neato Call Your Girlfriend covers:

Little Boots does a stripped-down, acoustic version of the song on piano. It's cute.

Noah and the Whale does a dance-rock, peppy version (Call Your Boyfriend).

Swedish vocal group Erato does a really neat harmonized version in a kitchen (?), and the video has almost 2 million (!) views.

We should change our avatars to these dolls next week

if and only if there's one for Karin Dreijer Andersson in full Fever Ray regalia

I would post my fave Stuart Price remixes but that would probably take about eight years to type out.

I only have that kind of time for ironic Rihanna stanning.

Icicle

EPIC CIALLAH UPDATE:

Video being shot this week, to be released in next few coming weeks. Video to drop same time as single. SHE is COMING

Where is the 'like' button?! Do you have a link to the song or anything? Last I heard from Ciara, she was in the process of switching labels. Glad to hear that things are finally happening for her. Those were the good days, when Ciara and Ashanti ruled the airwaves with ease.

Discovered a new song/artist the other day.

Charli XCX - Nuclear Seasons

I don't know if some of you have heard of this, but I really like it. It's pop, but has an awesome 80s vibe to it.
I love this song. Stay Away is good too, in a power-ballady way. I know she has some fans in this thread; does anyone know anything about a future album?
fqMOv.png

Do ya'll want someone new to stan for? Something new to listen to? Introducing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2KxlzQMTpU&feature=colike

:') Jonna Lee aka iamamiwhoami.

I keep trying to get into iamamiwhoami but I just....I can't. Don't really know why :/

Where is the 'like' button?! Do you have a link to the song or anything? Last I heard from Ciara, she was in the process of switching labels. Glad to hear that things are finally happening for her. Those were the good days, when Ciara and Ashanti ruled the airwaves with ease.

She will probably drop a spicy video the same week she drops the song, like she did with 'Ride'. The video dropped the same week that the audio leaked, and then was released officially to radio and digital a couple days after the video

Btw, I'm now highly anticipating the Marina And the Diamonds album.

I've listened to:

- Primadonna
- Homewrecker
- Lies
- Starring Role
- Radioactive

And I like them all. One more than the other, but still. I'm hyped.

Delio

I've listened to:

- Primadonna
- Homewrecker
- Lies
- Starring Role
- Radioactive

I didn't think I'd get super into Marina but damn If I haven't had Lies and Primadonna on repeat lately. I'm ready.

Mumei

Marius_, at least you're a dedicated stan.

I've listened to:

- Primadonna
- Homewrecker
- Lies
- Starring Role
- Radioactive

Which one?

I've listened to Primadonna and Lies (studio and acoustic). I liked them all, but I think the acoustic version of Lies is my favorite of the three. I would still like to hear some hypothetical version that combines the original studio and the acoustic version's best elements, though.

I first listened to Primadonna and Homewrecker first. I grew tired of them quickly, but they're both nice songs.

Then I discovered Lies and Starring Role. Both are great songs that I still listen to regularly.

A few nights ago I discovered Radioactive. Sounds similar to We Found Love (funny how they were released 1 day apart as well). So obviously this is my new favorite song of hers, since it still sounds fresh to me.

I'd probably rank them right now as:

Great: Radioactive, Starring Role, Lies*
Good: Homewrecker, Primadonna

*I actually prefer a youtube rip from this song that has a slightly hightened pitch. Since Marina has a pretty heavy voice, a higher pitch doesn't make her sound like a chipmunk. I like it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom