• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Yup, lost nearly all my S rank games, and had a terrible streak, went all the way down to B+.

But I'm back up to A+, man I miss the good ole gaf splaton days where you could find groups all the time, now its empty.

Splatoon 2 can't come soon enough

Yup, lost nearly all my S rank games, and had a terrible streak, went all the way down to B+.

But I'm back up to A+, man I miss the good ole gaf splaton days where you could find groups all the time, now its empty.

Splatoon 2 can't come soon enough

It'd be nice if the people who use the Discord can also post here, yeah. Being stuck on OT4 is a bit frustrating.

What times do you play Splatoon at? Maybe we can duo in ranked or something.

Krakening all the time, getting out of the spawn zone before the match started, stuff like that. Not fun 😑
Bleh that's not any fun to go against at all. Hopefully when we get to 2 they'll keep the ship a bit tighter to prevent bs like that.

Kudo

White ink is available in the SP?

LMLAPLJ.jpg

Camera is giving it kinda tealish tint, but it was mostly white to my eye. Maybe it's teal.

leroidys

Is it just me, or has hacking gotten much worse lately? Had three games in a row of people swimming max speed through any color ink. I think I'm done. Hopefully they lock this down better in the sequel.

pitt_norton

WTF?! Haven't played Splatoon for over a year... the game is hacked now? Screw those bastards.

With Nintendo banning hacked 3DS going online... I hope they do that to Switch abusers.

Well, Nintendo has never really done much against cheaters. Their most popular online game ever (Mario Kart Wii) was filled with them yet all they did were sporadic, ineffective bans. Nintendo is more interested in combating piracy, which is again what the recent 3DS banwave shows.

I'm worried about the value of the paid Switch online service - what's the point if in two years it's infested with cheaters just like all four recent Nintendo consoles?

Doorman

I mean...Splatoon being hacked to hell and back at this point shouldn't be a big surprise, I don't think Nintendo is doing much active policing on that system at all now that it's functionally "dead" for them.

Well, Nintendo has never really done much against cheaters. Their most popular online game ever (Mario Kart Wii) was filled with them yet all they did were sporadic, ineffective bans. Nintendo is more interested in combating piracy, which is again what the recent 3DS banwave shows.

I'm worried about the value of the paid Switch online service - what's the point if in two years it's infested with cheaters just like all four recent Nintendo consoles?

If nothing else, paid-for-play online will make bannings more effective, as well as giving Nintendo more of an incentive to actually keep things clean. I think for their internal uses the Switch's online system is being handled differently than the Wii U's Nintendo Network, just as that was considered a different service from the Wii/DS Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Now we have their current (un-named?) online service using your "Nintendo Account," and that's going to be tying in with the app and everything going forward. With the mobile integration I think they're expecting this particular service to run for longer than just this first iteration of the Switch, which bodes well for them keeping a tighter handle than on their previous already-forgotten-about console.

leroidys

I've also noticed that a huge amount of my games end in disconnections, whereas this never, ever happened in the first ~year. I know that for some games, this is an indication that someone is hacking, because it freaks out the clients when one of the clients is transmitting data that doesn't make sense. Anyone know if this is the case for Splatoon as well?

abd

I can't confirm or deny your theory, but the times that I have been in a game where one player were clearly "hacking" I didn't disconnect.

phanphare

Banned
Can someone post what the new subweapons for Splatoon 2 do? Gamexplain has an explanation for one of them but I'm at work.

there's poison mist which is kind of like the disruptor except it doesn't disrupt a player it gives off a circle of mist where it lands and will nerf movement and slowly drain ink if an enemy player is inside of the mist

the there's the robot bomb which is kind of like a seeker but you don't have to lock on to anybody before throwing it out. it kind of looks like a robot bird that'll hop around after it lands and if it detects an enemy player within a certain radius it'll hop towards them and explode

Finally broke 900k on my Splat Charger. Determined to max it out before Splatoon 2 hits, but hopefully I'll het it maxed sooner rather than later so that I can take a break from Splatoon overall.

Doorman

...This just saddens me to know that I'm never going to hit S+ or reach even 300k inked on any weapon prior to Splatoon 2 coming out. Bleh.

For as much as I love Splatoon it's not encouraging to still feel so unaccomplished over the course of two years.

RiggyRob

...This just saddens me to know that I'm never going to hit S+ or reach even 300k inked on any weapon prior to Splatoon 2 coming out. Bleh.

For as much as I love Splatoon it's not encouraging to still feel so unaccomplished over the course of two years.

It can be done, don't give up!

Been swinging between S 40 and S 0 myself for a while now, got back up to S 20 during Splat Zones on Monday. 4 weeks until Splatoon 2 comes out, I'd say be selective which mode you play on Ranked for the best possible chance of ranking up.

Jims

The only weapons I got over 300k were:

Slosher (694,374 pts)
Dual Squelcher (496,253 pts)
Slosher Deco (427,183 pts)

I'm with ya, I kinda quit once I got in S-rank. I honestly reached the point where I found solo queue too frustrating and stressful, and started to find the game less fun. I kinda just want to Turf for an hour after work to unwind.

these are my 300k weapons

Wow, that is a lot of Splattershot play. You really like your Burst Bombs, huh? I saw a fully gear-edited Special Charge Up version of vanilla Splattershot the other day that was kind of ridiculous. Burst Bomb Rush all day. Never seen that build before.

phanphare

Banned
Wow, that is a lot of Splattershot play. You really like your Burst Bombs, huh? I saw a fully gear-edited Special Charge Up version of vanilla Splattershot the other day that was kind of ridiculous. Burst Bomb Rush all day. Never seen that build before.

yeah I'm big on the burst bombs

I used to run some special charge up and special duration up with it and that was pretty hilarious. it wasn't very viable but for turf wars it was just bonkers.

Moondrop

Banned
830k Custom Blaster
480k H-3 Nozzlenose
450k Tri-slosher
360k L-3 Nozzlenose D
300k Krak-on Roller

Wow, I guess my H-3 phase lasted longer than I remembered.

Despite all the time I've spent in splatoon I think I still have 0p on the vanilla splatterscope for some reason. I've never really liked scoped chargers and I like kelp the most out of all the long range chargers.

Top Bottom