• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
XerneasCGI-590x338.png

YveltalCGI-590x331.png

Phonetic spelling:
Xerneas: ZURR-nee-us
Yveltal: ee-VELL-tall

Sinoox

Banned
I don’t know what’s crazier - The fact that Nintendo finally announced a different looking main Pokemon game or the fact that people actually still give a shit about Pokemon.

It is pretty crazy that people rave over Pokemon still though, isn't it? Maybe there's something I'm missing, Pokemon is a solid RPG series, but after playing through a few games I'm already tired of it. There's not enough risk entry to entry. The visual style looks very bland for X and Y too, like where's the detail?

Violet_0

Banned
Chespin should easily win that starter Pokemon poll. Fennekin has hair bushes growing out of it's ears and EatChildren is just not kawaii~ enough

entremet

I really want them make HM moves not count against your 4 moves, although Surf and Waterfall are awesome battle moves as well. Cut sucks and trees still regenerate, which is annoying and Strength, while a decent normal move, is still not worth having. But at least you don't have move rocks again and again like Cut.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Yeah that pronunciation is from The Pokemon Company, I didn't just make it up. Haha

Those names are pretty cool, actually. Xerneas sounds remotely Persian while Yveltal reminds me of Scandinavian mythology. I guess they fit the legendary designs well.

one_kill

I really want them make HM moves not count against your 4 moves, although Surf and Waterfall are awesome battle moves as well. Cut sucks and trees still regenerate, which is annoying and Strength, while a decent normal move, is still not worth having. But at least you don't have move rocks again and again like Cut.
Yeah, gotta hate flash. Such a useless move in battle.

Zaventem

I want ice types to not have 4 weaknesses.Why did they think that was a good idea.I thought really hard about the balancing aspect and i can't really explain the reason for them shitting on it even more.

I believe Xerneus is based on an Irish Elk. And Yveltal seems like a Nidhogg or Wyvern which is also that same area.
Neato. Maybe we'll be going to France and the British Isles in these versions. It makes sense for them to tackle Western Europe in such a way, and it also explains that chateau and ante-gate heroic statue. Perhaps this generation's about Arthurian legend and such.

injurai

Banned
Neato. Maybe we'll be going to France and the British Isles in these versions. It makes sense for them to tackle Western Europe in such a way, and it also explains that chateau and ante-gate heroic statue. Perhaps this generation's about Arthurian legend and such.

This is what I was thinking too. British and French. You can see that Cathedral in the video, plus what seems to be the Eiffel tower.

fun fact: China exists as a place in the pokemon world...

Bagu

I've always imagined the Pokemon world had the same continents and countries, but with states, prefectures, and the like replaced with regions.

I've always imagined the Pokemon world had the same continents and countries, but with states, prefectures, and the like replaced with regions.
That's largely my interpretation as well. Taking into account long-term tectonics, the Pokémon world's not terribly different overall. It adds credence to the Mew-in-a-test-tube fan theory, anyway, so it's interesting.

I just wonder if this game's mostly British Isles and France, or if it also includes parts of Scandinavia. Maybe it'll go up to Denmark, which would explain Xerneas' resemblance to the Elk of Hiisi. That adds a Baltic element.

Majmun

Is Mew still the most rare and most powerful Pokemon? I'm so out of the loop when it comes to the new Pokemons

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is Mew still the most rare and most powerful Pokemon? I'm so out of the loop when it comes to the new Pokemons

Mew was never stated powerful to begin with.

I think Arceus would be the most powerful now.

I still laugh at Smogon's Normal Arceus description.

After the pre-battle tintinnabulation is completed, please stare in pure, unadulterated horror and ominous presentiment at what is unequivocally the best and most versatile Pokemon in the game. Dare not incur Arceus's divine wrath, or else the consequences shall be severe and merciless, and life shall become but an evanescent wisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom