• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Backlogger

I know 90% of my posts are the saying the same thing but I'm gonna say it again. Playing QP and seeing a team of Hanzo, Genji and Widow is an insta leave for me. Nope. Won't do it. Can't do it.

That's like 90% of games though

At least sometimes I see people switch when things aren't working out.

rulerk1

Orisa is going to be one of those "who cares about the objective" heroes isn't she? and dont even get me started on the whole shooting at nothing thing im seeing Orisa's do. It's like Splatoon all over again

had a good tire POTG on hanamura. second point. ripped the tire from the bottom as orisa had her ult up. tired climbed up the side and just rolled to the center of the point and got a quintuple kill + orisa's ult totem. they didn't see it coming lol feelsgoodman.

Owzers

Playing rein in comp is stressful, I want to be a pro again.

I also want 2cp maps to not be a thing. Bastion and Mei together...

LiK

Playing rein in comp is stressful, I want to be a pro again.

I also want 2cp maps to not be a thing. Bastion and Mei together...

Would've been more fun if we didn't have the technical shit happen. The match in Dorado would've been better if I didn't lose voice there.

randome

Can't get over how fucked up it is when people leave the game early. It really is so unfair. Good lord, competitive has made me hate this game. It's like they leave at the slightest hint something may not work out. And in this game it's so easy to turn things around. Fuckers!

I have not lost with this team comp in the last month- me on Zen, a Lucio, a Rein, a Zarya, and a Soldier, with a Pharah on Offense and a (pick a Defense character, any Defense character) main on Defense. I cannot imagine losing more than 10% of my games with this line-up. Even when shit goes sideways, we pull it out when it matters.

Disclaimer: I play on console at the Silver/Gold border.

I just saw my first gold border
image2pds3b.jpg

and jesus

Wait... what?

Anbec7

So real talk how do I improve my aim? I have been doing more practice rounds but I would like to support more my team when I play.
Mostly I have been experiencing some set ups with the mouse sensibility but I come from console so this has been a little tricky to get the hang on.

Anne

So real talk how do I improve my aim? I have been doing more practice rounds but I would like to support more my team when I play.
Mostly I have been experiencing some set ups with the mouse sensibility but I come from console so this has been a little tricky to get the hang on.

Post your mouse and settings so we can judge you.

I beat Cowboy with randoms as Lucio. Vengeance is sweet.

I think our team could have beaten those guys if we were playing seriously and half of us hadn't checked out. They were good and super organized and we were just kinda...half there. Also I had kind of transcended tilting and was at an Overwatch nihilist point by the end there.

But good job beating him. You did good for all of us!

LiK

I think our team could have beaten those guys if we were playing seriously and half of us hadn't checked out. They were good and super organized and we were just kinda...half there. Also I had kind of transcended tilting and was at an Overwatch nihilist point by the end there.

But good job beating him. You did good for all of us!

You guys sounded tired. It's alright. I'm happy I could win one for you guys.

9 consecutive defeats LOL. I'd have one less controller if I cared about this shit as much as I did last year. I did care enough to post on Gaf though, good point!

jviggy43

I know 90% of my posts are the saying the same thing but I'm gonna say it again. Playing QP and seeing a team of Hanzo, Genji and Widow is an insta leave for me. Nope. Won't do it. Can't do it.

mei wall them until they switch lol

I am really surprised to see ppl not really picking Orisa a lot on PC. I have to say that i was expecting to see her more

Same on console. Shes barely pick in most matches im in now.

It's amazing to me how, this far into the life of the game, so many players just have zero notion of what makes for a good spot to set up your defense. Just a sea of overextending tanks forever.

On the plus side, had some really fun matches with Winston: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTFMDP88ds

I had few incidents where the team ignores my group up message when I am taking high ground on defense with Rein or Zarya. They stand really close to spawn and I have to either die with them, or retreat and watch them die. The latter happened and I kinda felt bad because if I grouped up with them, the chance of us surviving would have been better.

Just random QP matches though. I would talk to them if it was comp, and people get really defensive/triggered when you try to communicate with them or imply any seriousness in QP.

I don't know what it is about Overwatch, I just keep coming back to it. I have so much in my backlog; I haven't played horizon in a week and I have other new games waiting to get played. But nope, Overwatch keeps pulling me back in. No other multiplayer game has had my attention for this long. Even now I'm at work watching Codeyniku playing Sombra on twitch, I'm tryin to git gud.

Played 5 games and in all of them I played Rein, I won all five of them, feels good man.

had that experience last night with sombra. most wins in a row in comp I've ever had. it does feel good. man.

PatjuhR

Ffs I don't deserve this. What are the penalties on leaving comp matches? I never do it intentionally.

But this season I did it twice. Once after I was frustrated after a loss (game was completed already) and I left to quickly. And now my second one after my PlayStation froze of team assembly...

FCK this... -50SR

you have to be some kind of special to die to a dva ult when no other ult is used. geeze man, situational awareness, wish more people would have it

Died to one yesterday, it got stuck on central pillar in on of the city control maps, so everyone stood on opposite side safe, then like 3 seconds after being stuck it dislodged itself somehow and came into line of sight.

Still calling BS on it.

Blizzard

Banned
Ffs I don't deserve this. What are the penalties on leaving comp matches? I never do it intentionally.

But this season I did it twice. Once after I was frustrated after a loss (game was completed already) and I left to quickly. And now my second one after my PlayStation froze of team assembly...

FCK this... -50SR
Try my luck. My computer froze for 30 seconds right at the start of a competitive match. This is really rare, and I'm not sure if it's ever happened. Instead of letting me rejoin, the game suspended me for 10 minutes.

THEN, when I tried playing quickplay, my keyboard broke almost at the end of a payload match. Keys produce random garbage. I tried plugging in another keyboard and it worked, so yup -- just random broken keyboard in the middle of a game.

Anne

How do you do that Wtf?

It's in the comments:

"Use shift right before you hit the ground, either from a normal jump or from falling" - Talespin

Note: you do your impact damage from where you hit shift this way, and you won't do an impact effect when you land.

Try my luck. My computer froze for 30 seconds right at the start of a competitive match. This is really rare, and I'm not sure if it's ever happened. Instead of letting me rejoin, the game suspended me for 10 minutes.

Try pressing the cancel button for matchmaking, except just as (or even after) it cancels it, it puts you into a match and decides the cancel was you leaving, so bans you and steals 50 SR.

It's in the comments:

"Use shift right before you hit the ground, either from a normal jump or from falling" - Talespin

Note: you do your impact damage from where you hit shift this way, and you won't do an impact effect when you land.
What does shift do on PC? On console so wondering what relates to.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thought I was a good dva. Just had mercy heal me and failed at ult. RIP

I got rejected from Rezzing as Mercy 2x in a row. Our Rein dove in everytime without warning, I proceeded to eat shit everytime.

I also got told to Rez while dead. Told to rez while some dumbass overextends alone and dies right at our base. -_-

Zen was like we have a Lucio (me) who doesn't heal. bitch I was behind you because he wanted to go in rogue. Then I checked his profile and he majority plays hanzo. Makes fucking sense

Top Bottom