• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

I miss high ttk so much. Just need to beat melee with the nerf stick.

I don't understand why the lunge was introduced. They need to move on from 1hit melee kills. A simple band aid would just revert the Angel City changes and working on its hit registration.

*blink blink*

*blink blink*

*blink blink*

Are you fucking kidding me?

Please tell me these are somehow unlockable...

Its an odd one considering these are the first weapon warpaints. I would have preferred to have them behind challenges. If they wanted to sell boosts then they should just do that.

grendelrt

Servers are hot garbage tonight. Keep getting timed out error.

I had major lag issues tonight, more subtle lag , dying inside of buildings, shooting people and they taking no dmg, etc. Really terrible games.

Also Origin/Respawn need to actually do stuff to the people who get reported. I dont know what it was about tonight, but the amount racist crap I saw in the chat was ridiculous. And one guy in particular I know I have reported every time he does it was out tonight. In 3 separate games I was in with him he just spamming racist words to chat over and over until it filled the screen.

Is there any news on the high TTK stuff? The changes in that playlist seemed like such a big improvement.

I don't think we'll see a game-wide switch-over to HTTK. I don't think the mode was successful enough or the response was positive enough as far as the tracked metrics for that to happen.

My hope is that it's something that will influence the direction of the gameplay balance in TitanFall 3.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing about this game that makes me never want to play it is that any time someone ragequits in the middle of a game, it's 6 vs 5 the other game on PC.

No one EVER backfills. EVER. anymore.

The thing about this game that makes me never want to play it is that any time someone ragequits in the middle of a game, it's 6 vs 5 the other game on PC.

No one EVER backfills. EVER. anymore.

How closely do you watch the alerts? Good chance that the game is backfilling, but the players that drop in immediately quit when they see its a game in progress. Ive seen it happen 3, 4, 5 times a match. There's simply not much incentive to stay in a JIP match. Something as simple as offering double EXP or an automatic gift for backfilling a match would help. Nobody wants to clean up after other peoples shit for free.

That said, there are definitely also times Ive been in matches that STARTED 5on6, or 4on6, and there wasnt a single alert message that somebody had joined through the entire match. So yeah, sometimes the JIP just doesnt seem to work.

All my experience is on XBONE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How closely do you watch the alerts? Good chance that the game is backfilling, but the players that drop in immediately quit when they see its a game in progress. Ive seen it happen 3, 4, 5 times a match. There's simply not much incentive to stay in a JIP match. Something as simple as offering double EXP or an automatic gift for backfilling a match would help. Nobody wants to clean up after other peoples shit for free.

That said, there are definitely also times Ive been in matches that STARTED 5on6, or 4on6, and there wasnt a single alert message that somebody had joined through the entire match. So yeah, sometimes the JIP just doesnt seem to work.

All my experience is on XBONE.

You're giving the PC playerbase way too much credit

It's microscopic. Even at its peak it was at the 1000s most

*rubs temples*

JFC with the amount of absolutely worthless geometry in most of the maps in this game. Tactically worthless, provides zero impact other than tripping up players in the midst of high-speed fire-fights.

Id play Glitch and Drydock 1000 times before needing to see a single other map.

*rubs temples*

JFC with the amount of absolutely worthless geometry in most of the maps in this game. Tactically worthless, provides zero impact other than tripping up players in the midst of high-speed fire-fights.

Id play Glitch and Drydock 1000 times before needing to see a single other map.

That's their tactical worth. Just be better than the guy who gets tripped up on it or be ready to recover quicker than they can.

The archer is so stupid OP. Just maximum damage for minimum skill.

Not that Im above taking advantage, but yeesh, maybe berf the auto-aim tracking rocket that turns corners?

Drifters

Large.

Really, console Titanfall 2 is fine with numbers.

actually I'm growing concerned. The game has been averaging about 8-10k and it was down below 5k prior. I'm a Gen 12 now but I'm getting really tired of some of the same players who cheese over and over. Also.... "Git Gud" bullshit doesn't apply after the 5th game of them doing the same thing over and over in a party system with others. Fuck that shit.

actually I'm growing concerned. The game has been averaging about 8-10k and it was down below 5k prior. I'm a Gen 12 now but I'm getting really tired of some of the same players who cheese over and over. Also.... "Git Gud" bullshit doesn't apply after the 5th game of them doing the same thing over and over in a party system with others. Fuck that shit.

The Destiny 2 beta crushed TF2 numbers this week.

Probably a sign of what to expect when it hits in Sept.

Ok, seriously, when did advocate gifts start giving you skins for shit you never use?

I wasn't sure if I hadn't noticed it before, but after skins for Northstar's gun, the Kraber, the mastiff, etc,.,, wtf. How about a skin for the two titans I actually use or the 5 guns I use most?

JJShadow

Just came back to this after many months without touching it, it feels good to be back!

Could you guys give me some hints or tips about the current meta in terms of weapons and titans?

Just came back to this after many months without touching it, it feels good to be back!

Could you guys give me some hints or tips about the current meta in terms of weapons and titans?

On console? G2, CAR, R97, R201/101 (same gun) are the best and most popular weapons there.

In terms of Titans, Scorch is very lacking, the rest are all good.

JJShadow

On console? G2, CAR, R97, R201/101 (same gun) are the best and most popular weapons there.

In terms of Titans, Scorch is very lacking, the rest are all good.

Thanks! Yes, I'm playing on PS4. Good to know most of the titans are balanced

Is the Hemlok not so viable in comparison with the ones you listed? Used to loved that one back in the day

Arrrammis

Some takeaways from the Reddit AMA:
- Decreased Aim Assist test mode coming Tuesday
- Scorch Buff coming Tuesday
- No plans for first person executions/boarding because of resources required
- Improvements to matchmaking are being worked on
- Dko5 would rather fight 1 titan-sized duck than 100 duck-sized titans
- Operation Frontier Shield is not the final planned DLC
- Private Lobby text chat is coming Tuesday
- There is no single player DLC planned for Titanfall 2
- Melee is very affected by speed for the combatants in this game, and some tweaks are coming Tuesday

Most importantly:
The Puppers and Kibbus of Respawn: http://imgur.com/a/KYpxe

Thanks! Yes, I'm playing on PS4. Good to know most of the titans are balanced

Is the Hemlok not so viable in comparison with the ones you listed? Used to loved that one back in the day

The Hemlok used to be just a destructive, OP monster in this game, so Repawn nerfed it. IMO, they nerfed it a bit too hard, but if you don't mind standing still for a beat or two to line up the headshot, you can still use it on some of the maps with longer sight-lines.

Honestly if you liked the Hemlok, you'll probably want to use the G2. It's the current OP monster, though at the very least it has shit hip-fire to make up for it's godly ADS performance.

Some takeaways from the Reddit AMA:
- Decreased Aim Assist test mode coming Tuesday
- Scorch Buff coming Tuesday
- No plans for first person executions/boarding because of resources required
- Improvements to matchmaking are being worked on
- Dko5 would rather fight 1 titan-sized duck than 100 duck-sized titans
- Operation Frontier Shield is not the final planned DLC
- Private Lobby text chat is coming Tuesday
- There is no single player DLC planned for Titanfall 2
- Melee is very affected by speed for the combatants in this game, and some tweaks are coming Tuesday

Most importantly:
The Puppers and Kibbus of Respawn: http://imgur.com/a/KYpxe

Thanks for this I forgot all about the AMA. Decreased aim assist makes me excited it's out of control on the assault rifles.

I had to stop using ARs because I noticed it effected my aim in other games. You can be so lazy in titanfall if you ads next to the enemy it's snaps right on to them.

I hope to god we see phase shift nerfed to one charge and at the very least a firerate cap on the g2.

Interested to see what the Scorch buff is.

I'm not sure his biggest issue is a lack of power. I mean, more dps can never hurt in TitanFall 2, but his biggest issues are:

1) Slow moving projectiles that are easy to dodge

2) Slow movement speed to get into position to deal damage, or to retreat effective

3) Massive critical hit point that you basically have to TRY to miss

Basically, currently Scorch is very good at punishing players who make bad decisions... but you're basically relying on the opponent to screw up to take the advantage. All the other titans save maybe Legion (who I'd argue is the second weakest Titan in most scenarios) are a lot more able to impose their will on an engagement and direct a fight, even if the other guy isn't tripping over himself into the wrong position, or mis-timing ability usage, etc.

If it's just pure DPS increase, cool, but I don't think that's enough to take him out of the basement of the meta.

It's a pity, because he's a very fun titan to use for shits and giggles. It's a fun loadout. It's just not particularly competitive. Any time I use him, I do so knowing I'm putting funsies ahead of chances to win, and basically NEVER drop him away from other friendly titans.

*blink blink*

*blink blink*

*blink blink*

Are you fucking kidding me?

Please tell me these are somehow unlockable...

giphy.gif

Also, so hyped for my main man Scorch to be getting a buff. Have stuck with him since the beginning, love you bud.

Accidentally forgot to reset boost and titan after a regen, so played a match with Ion for basically the first time since Monarch dropped.

Felt weird for a bit, but got back into it. Man did Respawn go a little heavy on the nerfs with my baby.

I get it, you dont want players demolishing people with double-tap into primary pester into chest laser, repeat. It was too powerful.

Knocking down the damage AND increasing energy usage per laser shot? Come on. One of those two would have been enough.

But Im biased. I was an Ion player from day 1 up until Monarch dropped. I was a true blue titan loyalist.

JFC, just take Crash Site out of rotation. I'm still seeing it more than Glitch by a wide margin.

Of all the fucking hills to die on.

You made a shit piece of content. It happens. The best shooters in history have had shit maps here and there. Making a shit map is not an indictment on a developer. Removing a shit map from rotation is not an indictment of the developer. It happens all the fucking time.

Leaving in a piece of content that at least seems universally reviled by the player base IS, on the other hand, a bad look.

I play it daily but it's usually PvP or capture the flag. If you only play attrition I think it got pulled from that play list. Although I have gotten a bounty hunt game on glitch.

Yeah, I only play Attrition and its been completely absent. I havent been able to use my Mastiff/Gravity Star loadout in a month :/

I get it for Attrition, but very intermittently. And it's almost always right before War Games.

It's a wonderful time to be alive, that 20 minute window of map bliss.

But yeah, I don't know why they've set the frequency of that map so low in Attrition. It's not like it was paid DLC, everybody got it, you don't have to worry about a chunk of the usebase not having it...

Top Bottom