• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] New massive Summer sale (500+ items)

Altairre

Is Battlefield 1 just worth it for the campaign? I have absolute zero interest in MP.
As someone that tends to enjoy these more scripted fps campaigns like Titanfall and last year's CoD without any desire to touch the MP I would say no. The approach with the different characters and warstories is interesting on paper but for the most part they fail to do anything compelling with it. Only one of them managed to pull of a somewhat intriguing narrative but what you actually do in it from a gameplay perspective is underwhelming unfortunately. There was a good amount of enthusiasm about the campaign in some of the reviews I read and podcasts I listen to which is why I picked it up in the first place but I personally don't share it.

score01

Damn Tekken 7 goes on sale before Injustice 2, did not expect that, wanna get it but it's not that much of a discount, basically bringing it down to retail price..

Not seeing it cheaper than £40 at retail at the moment. £35 seems to be a decent deal and a fighter is a good game to get digital. Play whenever you want without having to faff about with swapping disks.

TP-DK

I ended up buying Ratchet & Clank and The Evil Within. I actually wanted physical copies of them, but the physical prices are a lot higher than digital.

As someone that tends to enjoy these more scripted fps campaigns like Titanfall and last year's CoD without any desire to touch the MP I would say no. The approach with the different characters and warstories is interesting on paper but for the most part they fail to do anything compelling with it. Only one of them managed to pull of a somewhat intriguing narrative but what you actually do in it from a gameplay perspective is underwhelming unfortunately. There was a good amount of enthusiasm about the campaign in some of the reviews I read and podcasts I listen to which is why I picked it up in the first place but I personally don't share it.

Good to know. Guess I'll wait until it drops below €10,00,-

Is cosmic star heroine still planned for Cross-Buy with Vita?

Any other vita games I should look at? (Excluding any games that released on PS+)

Adryuu

The Witness is 14€ without plus, so I'm passing. Meh.

But maybe I'll get Rayman Legends for those 8€. Or Inside, or Abzu. Or nothing if I can't decide, lol.

xrnzaaas

The Witness is 14€ without plus, so I'm passing. Meh.

But maybe I'll get Rayman Legends for those 8€. Or Inside, or Abzu. Or nothing if I can't decide, lol.

Rayman Legends is a no-brainer if you haven't played any version of the game or Rayman Origins. Also it's the lowest price yet.

Jimrpg

Grand Kingdom on the vita, how is it?

Gorgeous art style, gameplay is alright, story and single player campaign is really meh, not much reason to keep playing other than grinding. I'd wait till $10 myself (if I hadn't already got it) but get it if you're out of games to play.

12 items per page is insufferable, especially when pages load so sluggishly. Or maybe that's just Firefox being a piece of shit. But anyway, because of the suggestions popping up in this thread, I won't have to suffer it. So thanks everyone.

xrnzaaas

12 items per page is insufferable, especially when pages load so sluggishly. Or maybe that's just Firefox being a piece of shit. But anyway, because of the suggestions popping up in this thread, I won't have to suffer it. So thanks everyone.

Check psprices.com, you can view 30 games per page and it loads faster.

Doom is 15 euros on PSN now. In previous sales and it was deal of the week too and DOOM Digital Deluxe was 25 euros many times but I don't remember the price of the regular base game. How much was it then? 15 or 10 euros?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Doom is 15 euros on PSN now. In previous sales and it was deal of the week too and DOOM Digital Deluxe was 25 euros many times but I don't remember the price of the regular base game. How much was it then? 15 or 10 euros?

According to PSPrices, in the UK this is the lowest it's been. Not sure if that means it was the same for the EU. It's been at this price twice previously.

NinjaBoiX

£8 for The Witness. I keep holding off buying this as I imagine that as soon as I buy it it will pop up on PS+. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened to many of us.
I remember that one dude who seemed to suggest he was entitled to a refund purely because something he'd bought massively discounted was offered to him for free soon after.

lol, those crazy, whiny, entitled kids.

xrnzaaas

According to PSPrices, in the UK this is the lowest it's been. Not sure if that means it was the same for the EU. It's been at this price twice previously.

Yep, never lower than 15 euros. What's funny is that the price will continue to drop as the time goes, I was shocked at how cheap Wolfenstein games were in one of the recent sales.

Knack is dirt cheap and it's not on PS+ yet.

Surprising.

Same for Shadow Of Mordor. Every gaming site expected it to drop in PSN Plus collection but neevr happened yet.
The thing even weirder is that the game was just 4 bucks last week on NA store but 12 euros as deal of the week for EU store. Really awkward.

There are still plenty of players on the DLC, but it may die down after a month or two. I just played the DLC maps a week ago. The DLC Operations are nearly dead though, you'll only find regular Conquest, Rush or TDM games.
Thanks for the reply.

I might go with just the base game for now. I really enjoyed the beta.

Is Ghost Recon Wildlands a typical Ubi game? Towers, busywork, collectables, repetitive missions? I'm looking for a MGS5 style 3rd person tactical shooter.

Toe-Knee

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I finished Heavy Rain on PS3 but will definitely pick up Beyond Two Souls. Fairly easy to pick up and play then? Cheers

Yup it plays pretty well. I'm actually playing through it again right now. There's also a coop mode that you can do with two controllers or a controller and a phone using the beyond touch app.

Adryuu

Finally, PSN invited me to 2 days of plus so I got Witness and Chimes! Also I get to download Until Down but I don't know if I'll play these two days. Checking out ME:A multiplayer for now (it's cool).

Danneee

Better looking and fun to play musou:
Berserk or Warriors Orochi 3??
(or One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, it's one sale on US PSN, not a fan of OP though).

Both are on sale and I feel like a musou would do nice right now.

Edit: bought Orochi.

SDR-UK

I appreciate the feedback, but it can't be that good right? I'm yet to play 4 but Uncharted 3 was amazing.

It drags a lot but it's worth it for a few interactions between the characters. I don't understand people putting this above any of the mainline series. It gets close to the original Uncharted but that's about it.

GazzaGSi

Yup it plays pretty well. I'm actually playing through it again right now. There's also a coop mode that you can do with two controllers or a controller and a phone using the beyond touch app.

Awesome didn't know about the co op, we'll give that a try for sure.

So many good game on sale. Child of Light for 5€is a pretty good deal. I've been expecting this game to come to Plus, but it never did.....

And how is Stardew Valley on PS4? Thinking of buying, but I've read the port is pretty shoddy, at least it was during launch.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
D35GBYu.png

Hmmm, which one is the most fun with a lot of single player content?

Ive only played need for speed personally loved it. Its more arcadish thou

But you get some great variation from the "5 ways to play" in SP and very good end content called prestige mode. Its very very challenging and actually one of the hardest games to 100% (no not platinum), that is getting gold on all prestige mode. I put in 100+ hours

Currently playing dirt rally, which I enjoy even more (rally cross is super tense and fun) but its not on sale right now. People argue that dirt rally is dark souls on wheels but again, not as hard as to 100% need for speed

Got 3 games :
- The Witness
- INSIDE
- OXENFREE

The Witness : it looks unappealing at first but holy shit I'm like addicted to it. Unfortunately I feel like puking each time I play, maybe I should de activate the cross aim. The feeling when you successfully solve puzzles is unparalleled.

INSIDE : it looks pretentious but it succeeds in making interesting gameplay phases. Can't wait to see how the story ends
and be disappointed

OXENFREE : this one I played just a little bit. I already like the dialogue system and the music.

Some new additions.

Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Zero Dawn Digital Deluxe Edition
The Last of Us Remastered
HITMAN – The Complete First Season
Sniper Elite 4
Sniper Elite 4 Digital Deluxe Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Gold Edition
UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End Digital Edition
WipEout Omega Collection
Nioh
Nioh Digital Deluxe Edition