• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ahasverus

Regardless, the universe did just fine without them. The biggest problem is just the lack of movies in 2018. Only being ready for Aquaman really fucked it all up. Plus the long ass delay for BvS.
I'm not one to criticize WB for its "lack of planning", but God knows they needed to execute Zack's plan faster and better. It's like the DCEU was in the back burner until the new CEO happened.

😪

DC needs to elevate their lesser known properties. Fuck Batman and Superman.

Sadly, now they have to fix their big two as well. They're plan of just jumping into Justice League after B.V.S. made sense considering their characters are well-known and already had mutliple movies, but then they messed that up imo...

Ross61

Sadly, now they have to fix their big two as well. They're plan of just jumping into Justice League after B.V.S. made sense considering their characters are well-known and already had mutliple movies, but then they messed that up imo...
Justice League is the fix, they’ve already said as much.

I really don't need to be bombarded with superhero flicks, especially low budget ones. Leave that for TV.

Aquaman gon b gud

Forreal. We get like 8 of these a year and people want them to rush to the batgawd movie, no thanks. I think it's kinda refreshing that there will only be one dceu movie next year. After that they should stick to maybe like 2 a year.

Only issue I could see coming up is afflecks age. But that whole casting seems up in the air every day.

Hopefully we get Batman around 2019 or so. I imagine Reeves will start casting for that next year. He's been working on it for a bit now.

Man of Steel who knows tho. They still haven't gotten a director for that one. Hoping Vaughn is off the table, they can and should do better for supes

Loxley

😪

More like fuck Batman. I love the character, but WB/DC have used him as a crutch for a really, really long time. "When in doubt - add Batman" may as well be their company motto. Superman doesn't get nearly the push Bats does.

strafer

More like fuck Batman. I love the character, but WB/DC have used him as a crutch for a really, really long time. "When in doubt - add Batman" may as well be their company motto. Superman doesn't get nearly the push Bats does.

Yeah, even in videogames.

I wanna see a Arkham style Superman game for fuck sake, I hope that is what Rocksteady is working on.

Ross61

He’s had 75+ years of a push. I don’t know why people act like he’s some underrepresented character. It time to let the lesser known shine.

And an Arkham style Superman game would be Ass.

Who's acting like he's underrepresented? All this thread does is whine about how overexposed the character is lol

And nah, gimme that Batman movie as soon as they can make it without a rush. He was arguably the best aspect of BvS. And they also managed to land the best director in the dceu so far for his solo movie. So yeah I want it.

Flash should be up soon tho. I have a feeling people will want that and aquaman asap after justice league is out. That movies been a damn mess tho. 2 director changes and multiple rewrites. Hope they know what they want to do with it soon

Oh right haha. Yeah he's been one of DCs premier characters for years. He's had plenty of movies too. The only reason it didn't happen in the 90s too was a bunch of producer fuckery

a916

��

There is no DC Film Universe without Superman and Batman. To not do a Superman and Batman movie (seperate stand alones) would be ignoring free money on the table. And by all accounts, it's something they NEED. We haven't even had a Batman film yet. Which is DAMNING. Considering we've had a god awful SS movie forced down our throats.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
What I would like to see going forward...

2018 - Aquaman (still blows my mind we're only getting one damn movie next year and it's not until fucking December)
2019 - Shazam, Batgirl, Batman, Wonder Woman 2
2020 - Flash, Sirens, Man of Steel 2, Green Lantern
2021 - Nightwing, SS2, Aquaman 2, Justice League 2

I dunno where I'd put the Joker/Harley movie (I wish it wasn't happening).

Ross61

There is no DC Film Universe without Superman and Batman. To not do a Superman and Batman movie (seperate stand alones) would be ignoring free money on the table. And by all accounts, it's something they NEED. We haven't even had a Batman film yet. Which is DAMNING. Considering we've had a god awful SS movie forced down our throats.
Marvel built a whole successful universe without their best properties. If DC can’t get their lesser known properties to higher status than that would be fucking pathetic. DC needs to push lesser known properties that would go well with underrepresented audiences. Not doing that would leave free money at the table. Which Wonder Woman and SS proves.

a916

Marvel built a whole successful universe without their best properties. If DC can’t get their lesser known properties to higher status than that would be fucking pathetic. DC needs to push lesser known properties that would go well with underrepresented audiences. Not doing that would leave free money at the table. Which Wonder Woman and SS proves.

I mean that's kinda true but not really... the Avengers were the Avengers. They led with the Avengers. Yeah they turned them into A-leaguers but DC doesn't have that problem so I don't see why anyone at WB would advocate NOT making a Batman or Superman movie.

They DO need to push lesser known properties, but on the strength of a budding universe. Similar to Ant-Man/Dr Strange that was helped somewhat being in the MCU but still be detached enough that it stands on it's own.

Ross61

I mean that's kinda true but not really... the Avengers were the Avengers. They led with the Avengers. Yeah they turned them into A-leaguers but DC doesn't have that problem so I don't see why anyone at WB would advocate NOT making a Batman or Superman movie.

They DO need to push lesser known properties, but on the strength of a budding universe. Similar to Ant-Man/Dr Strange that was helped somewhat being in the MCU but still be detached enough that it stands on it's own.
The Avengers were and still aren’t on the level of either X Men and Spider-Man.

I’ll take a great JLD or any other lesser known property than a rushed out Superman and Batman any day of the week. Pushing back those that would be ready like Shazam and others just for a rushed Superman or Batman movie would be stupid.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
😪

Yeah but I want to see this Batman on the screen more.

I also want more DBZ fights, and nobody else but Snyder is able to recreate that feeling with real people.

Some JL concept art,

pmzqCp2.jpg

xHnSxsH.jpg

RhW98S5.jpg

I think I prefer that Cyborg with the Crysis nanosuit look.

Ross61

I'm not seeing it? The only real difference is that he seems more.... bulkier? Like he's made of junk materials.

His current look reminds me of his DCYOU when you can tell it's his body. The other ones like this looks like a suit of armor which I think it is misrepresentation of his concept.

That design doesn't even have anything less going on.The more I look at it the only big difference is the chest place section.

that chest plate helps a lot tbh. Hopefully his design evolves more into that in the sequels.

And wth at any of those wonder woman nominations. Don't see it getting a nod for any of those but good for them for trying.

Dream Movie with Dream team

Joker Movie directed by Tarantino same cast, i think Jared is an excellent casting choice just bad script and bad direction, batman portrayed through the eyes of the villains and is absolutely brutal.

Justice league Dark directed by George Miller Matt Damon - Constantine

Batman movie Directed by Ben Affleck featuring Channing Tatum as Nightwing, Hush type story line

Superman 2 directed by Patty Jenkins villain Brainiac holding a city full of kryptonians hostage featuring Armie as Green Lantern

Flash movie 1, villain - Godspeed directed by Zack Snyder

What say you Gaf? Fight me

Top Bottom