• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beer |OT2| Can't stop won't stop the fresh hop

13263855_10153770760429200_7358443789598002385_n.jpg

I'm partial to Brontosaurus Supernova myself.

Yup, 80s as fuck. I love it.

I liked some of Clown Shoes labels, just for their ridiculousness.

Undead Party Crasher is funny just because of the lawsuit over Vampire Slayer.

Is this for some event you would have to line up for? I haven't had anything of theirs recently (not really distributed near me) but Surette and Vielle are fantastic. Haven't tried more than a couple of their fruited sours but I liked them fine. I'd say go for it if it's not too crazy.

Guys important question are Crooked Stave sours really good, worth the hype, worth standing in a line for?

Standing in a line for CS bottles? In Cincinnati?

Huh. They're regular shelf releases here in Seattle. There was some excitement when they first came here, but nothing like that.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
No beer is worth standing in line for. There's too much good beer out there for that.

That said, societe>your fav.

An Untappd etiquette question. Drinking a collaboration bomber, so gonna get two glasses out of it. Is it cheating to do a check in for each brewery that worked on it?

Mitch

Banned
They should be hitting shelves tomorrow. Some places already have them but can't sell yet. Draft won't be a problem either. Might grab a couple bottles tomorrow if prices aren't ridiculous.
Seeing several shops in Cleveland with them today.

Nightmare on Brett - $14
Origins - $14
Petit Sour - $8
Hop Savant - $5

Mitch

Banned
Huge blowout tapping and bottles for sale at all Lizardville locations this Friday.

May go and try out a couple.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Mashing in the second brew of the day with the first brew of the day leads to a hell of a crappy second runoff. Sparging with wort turns out to be problematic.

Ernest

Banned
I was totally into hops/IPAs a few years ago, but now I'm totally over them. Dunno what happened, but I just am.

These days, I gravitate towards blonds, pilsners, lagers and especially sours - only good ones though, I can't get enough of a good sour beer.

My favorite sour being Russian River's Supplication.

Friend just brought back some Treehouse stuff again. Even though I don't get too deep into IPAs I really enjoy these. They are some of the few that I could drink enjoyably all day. I can say that honestly because it's not a style I'm generally into and I've never been too deep into the hype of a product so I don't think it is just the name that I'm into. Is there anyone here who is into IPAs that has tried their stuff fresh as well? Curious about the opinion of someone who is more into the style.

Wish I could have tried some of the Single Shot that they got to try at the brewery, but not enough to have wanted to have made the trip.

Mitch

Banned
I had TH before Trillium, Hoof, Other Half and Tired Hands.

Trillium is much better, in my opinion. Although Very Green from TH was phenomenal.

Trillium is much better, in my opinion. Although Very Green from TH was phenomenal.

I like the Trillium beers my wife has brought back from Boston. I also think Night Shift is super underrated and makes some great beers.

Treehouse is too far outside the city and it's not realistic for her to get out there on her work trips to Boston.

riotous

Banned
Need to be passive aggressive with your wife... "sighhhh*... I wish I could try Treehouse beers.. *sigh*.... it's not THAT far from the city.... *sighhhh*

ACE 1991

I love Tired Hands, I go there at least 2 or 3 times a month. They're assholes about using growlers from other breweries, though.

I like Morph a lot. Whirlpool is also great. And Night Shift cans are super easy to find.

Need to be passive aggressive with your wife... "sighhhh*... I wish I could try Treehouse beers.. *sigh*.... it's not THAT far from the city.... *sighhhh*

I tried that once half-sarcastically.

Not gonna happen. She's really not into beer and doesn't have the time to stand in line in the middle of a weekday for IPA cans.

Mitch

Banned
The Night Shift I've had did not disappoint.

Speaking of Hoof, they're releasing Konkey again this Sunday. If I hadn't gone the weekend before last, I'd probably go. $15 a 4-pack doesn't help either. They used to be $13.

$15 isn't bad. That's what we've been seeing here in Seattle for hazy 4-packs of tallboys from Block 15, Structures and Fremont. Holy Mountain's Astral Projection DIPA 4-packs were $20. And their Three Fates pilsner 4-packs were $16.

Both amazing beers but damn the price tags were stunning.

Socreges

Banned
So on my trips to DC for work I've quietly fallen in love with Tröegs. Had Hope Knife, Perpetual, and Nugget Nectar so far. Awesome beer. Any other fans out there? Not sure what their distribution is, but I'd guess they don't make it out west

Jarnet87

I liked Trillium over Treehouse too. I got to try Fort Point, Melcher St and Sleeper St from Trillium, Green and Julius from Treehouse.

So on my trips to DC for work I've quietly fallen in love with Tröegs. Had Hope Knife, Perpetual, and Nugget Nectar so far. Awesome beer. Any other fans out there? Not sure what their distribution is, but I'd guess they don't make it out west

One of my good friends has relatives in Virginia and he often brings back Troegs beers with him. They had a keg of Mad Elf for Christmas this year and got pretty wasted.

Ron Mexico

Mad Elf is going to be the one you'll likely hear the most about, but DreamWeaver is my favorite of their more widely-released beers. I don't know if some of their Scratch series make it to DC but some of those have been quite good-- going to be on draft only however.

Bacon

I felt like nugget nectar was pretty overrated when I had it last year but I did enjoy mad elf a lot. That beer is sneaky strong.

Top Bottom