• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Apathy

trying to do arcade for the weekly boxes is really driving me crazy. Like between games starting with not enough players and getting constant "waiting....can't find players...waiting....can't find players" to people just being just so damn bad, and I don't mean just aiming, I mean situational awareness, even something as simple as listening for footsteps. It boggles my mind how some people play.

darklin0

Banned
trying to do arcade for the weekly boxes is really driving me crazy. Like between games starting with not enough players and getting constant "waiting....can't find players...waiting....can't find players" to people just being just so damn bad, and I don't mean just aiming, I mean situational awareness, even something as simple as listening for footsteps. It boggles my mind how some people play.

Queues have been fine for me, cam usually find a match quickly. Though, I am playing arcade with my two friends who are bronze/silver and I have not won a match for a while.
It is fun but I just want my boxes. xD

maomaoIYP

So tired of randoms who dunno when to use their Ults to initiate. Stop saving them.

Had a game this morning where the other team had no reinhardt. And our reinhardt just kept spamming that his ult was ready instead of just throwing it out. I have no idea wtf he was waiting for. I was Ana, and I kept waiting for his ult which never came. Don't expect your support to make a play if you're a tank goddamit.

LiK

Cursed tonight. Did two Comp matches and it was Hanamura and Volskaya. Draws in both. I can't wait for the update.

The slow spawn update seems useless. They keep coming back pretty quickly.

Had a game this morning where the other team had no reinhardt. And our reinhardt just kept spamming that his ult was ready instead of just throwing it out. I have no idea wtf he was waiting for. I was Ana, and I kept waiting for his ult which never came. Don't expect your support to make a play if you're a tank goddamit.

Same, i was waiting for a Rein to Earthshatter so I can finish them off with my Visor but no, he held it and then I was killed. I'd rather he charge as a distraction.

Cursed tonight. Did two Comp matches and it was Hanamura and Volskaya. Draws in both. I can't wait for the update.

The slow spawn update seems useless. They keep coming back pretty quickly.

Same, i was waiting for a Rein to Earthshatter so I can finish them off with my Visor but no, he held it and then I was killed. I'd rather he charge as a distraction.

Yeah. So many Rezzes and none were capitalized on.

I've come to a point where anything that's not comp in Overwatch is nigh unplayable to me.

LiK

We should've went right in after two picks but that stupid Rein kept waiting near the choke. I hate shitty passive Reins so much. They can totally ruin an easy win.

LiK

It was a tough night. Messy with randoms and played against tough stacks with a stack. The weekends are just rough. I think I'm gonna give up playing seriously on Saturday nights. It's never been good.

The only good news was I got a lot better with Zarya. Didn't expect cards but they popped and I was doing well with her. Def gonna learn to play her more. Getting used to timing her bubbles and staying alive. I managed to get people to focus fire on me which meant I was doing work, hehe. I just needed more healing to stay alive. Pooh was playing Pharah so I didn't get the pocket healing I needed.

Apathy

It was a tough night. Messy with randoms and played against tough stacks with a stack. The weekends are just rough. I think I'm gonna give up playing seriously on Saturday nights. It's never been good.

The only good news was I got a lot better with Zarya. Didn't expect cards but they popped and I was doing well with her. Def gonna learn to play her more. Getting used to timing her bubbles and staying alive. I managed to get people to focus fire on me which meant I was doing work, hehe. I just needed more healing to stay alive. Pooh was playing Pharah so I didn't get the pocket healing I needed.

OH zarya is so much fun, specially with a good team that knows how to take damage and how to heal up. rocking tons of energy and a lot of ult

Yea, and some guy was yelling for Rez while the Soldier had his Ult on so I instantly died again. Thanks rando. That helped.

Yeah I kinda of hate rez begging... It's like let me do my job and decide! If that soldier had ulted just a little bit sooner the rez would have protected you guys till it was over. But it didn't.

LiK

Arcade is I don't give a shit mode and a waste of time. I don't even care about lootboxes anymore. I keep getting enough dupes that I constantly have 10k coins in reserve. Been just buying skins I want. I prefer playing in QP.

komaruR

Pretty awesome McCree. Why don't you play him more in Comp? ;)

Also, your mic sounded fine in your stream. Not sure why it sounded like ass to us tho. It was very staticy.

mccree is too prone to dive comp. if they deathball mccree is hard to get kill too. need to get babysit by rein and a support unlike other more mobile heros

my mic is fine coz im capturing voice thru usb on the blue yeti. then i use the aux port on yeti to a usb soundcard to the ps4. no idea why its theres static because its basiclly the same setup i use at my own home.
maybe this usb soundcard is barked, since no1 this other blue yeti is bad (plus it should fine in the obs)

LiK

mccree is too prone to dive comp. if they deathball mccree is hard to get kill too. need to get babysit by rein and a support unlike other more mobile heros

Should be a good pick if you need him.

Your Pharah is also always on point. What's your sensitivity for her?

my mic is fine coz im capturing voice thru usb on the blue yeti. then i use the aux port on yeti to a usb soundcard to the ps4. no idea why its theres static because its basiclly the same setup i use at my own home.

Must be the wires. Cuz when your kinda trying to fix it it was clear but then back to static. Maybe check if the connection to PS4 is solid.

Pooh, if you have an archive, let Komaru hear how he sounded.

randome

Have any of you resigned to the fact that you're just not that great at this game? I don't think I'll ever get past gold. It sucks but holy cow am I getting frustrated with competitive. I can't just say it's my team though; a lot is me. I just dunno how to get better.

LiK

Have any of you resigned to the fact that you're just not that great at this game? I don't think I'll ever get past gold. It sucks but holy cow am I getting frustrated with competitive. I can't just say it's my team though; a lot is me. I just dunno how to get better.

You can always get better. Instead of focusing on Comp, try to practice a lot in QP until your aim is on point and you get kills consistently. Of course, having a good team who's not throwing or tilting is important but as long as you're consistently doing well yourself, you will climb. If possible, try to get a group together. A good team in Gold can most likely stomp their way to Plat.

Every tier is hellish if you play 2CP tho.

all my heros are on 90/90 now.
the only hero i cant play well at 90/90 is tracer.

pooh, give me a discord inv!

Ok, I'm still using 70/70 and it seems fine for me.

haha. got dropped into a eichenwalde defense game in progress at the last point. Didn't know so i went hanzo... went 18 kill streak. clutch ult on a hog ult so i wouldn't die lol.
i think i ended up with at least 5 ults during that time. the crit sounds so good <3

komaruR

You can always get better. Instead of focusing on Comp, try to practice a lot in QP until your aim is on point and you get kills consistently. Of course, having a good team who's not throwing or tilting is important but as long as you're consistently doing well yourself, you will climb. If possible, try to get a group together. A good team in Gold can most likely stomp their way to Plat.

Every tier is hellish if you play 2CP tho.

Ok, I'm still using 70/70 and it seems fine for me.
the 70/70 felt restricted on my pharah thats why i started 90/90.
o mccree was my goto char when i need to get serious before the pharah buff. notice when i kill pharah in lijaing it was due to their pharah was on the ground lvl instead of her usual max height range. if she at max range i can barely do dmg to her because of the dmg/range drop off

LiK

the 70/70 felt restricted on my pharah thats why i started 90/90.
o mccree was my goto char when i need to get serious before the pharah buff. notice when i kill pharah in lijaing it was due to their pharah was on the ground lvl instead of her usual max height range. if she at max range i can barely do dmg to her because of the dmg/range drop off

I'll try going 80/80 for a few heroes. Pharah does still feel sluggish for me at times with aiming. Maybe even try it with Zarya. Although 70/70 with Soldier is perfect for me. I can control his aim really well now. I might need to adjust Tracer a bit tho. Might even lower it a bit for her and see how I do. She still feels a bit "loose" to me.

Interview with Runner and a bit with Stitch.
It already has subs
https://youtu.be/HFO5GbSjfGo

Incase you guys didnt know Runner is 28 and has a daughter

During Runaways matchup with Kongdoo Uncia and Lunatic Hai he had about 8hours of sleep that week doing analysis and practice for those teams.

His daughter had a fever for 4 days and had to go emergency room 4 times

Stitch also had a wrist injury and Bumper got Injured playing basketball.

An interesting thing he says about the last fight on Eichenwalde was bumper went down early and pretty much no one expected them to carry on the push but Runner says 5v6 engagements are still viable cause the enemy team drops their guard and decides to save ults thinking about the man advantage more than ult economy i guess.

komaruR

I'll try going 80/80 for a few heroes. Pharah does still feel sluggish for me at times with aiming. Maybe even try it with Zarya. Although 70/70 with Soldier is perfect for me. I can control his aim really well now. I might need to adjust Tracer a bit tho. Might even lower it a bit for her and see how I do. She still feels a bit "loose" to me.

for tracer, its hard for me. 90/90 i cant aim well to get all hs but without higher sens i cant turn fast.
i test soldier. 90/90 seems fine for me on soldier + he got better margin of error even if i miss a few shots.

I have all set to 70/70. I have Sombra at 70/80, might make some adjustments. I have nights were my tracking is on point and some nights were I can seem to hit anything.

LiK

I played so bad tonight. sorry gaf crew.

I don't remember how you did but if you see a Genji or Tracer around, please always hack them and kill them if possible. Make them a priority. I hate good Genjis the most and only Sombra can disable his shitty abilities.

I don't remember how you did but if you see a Genji or Tracer around, please always hack them and kill them if possible. Make them a priority. I hate good Genjis the most and only Sombra can disable his shitty abilities.

agreed. hate genji. I typically go for hacks on them because I cant fight them 1v1 without it. tracer is easy when she gets hacked but ginji is still so mobile he can be tough to track. I try and get my EMP as soon as I can so I harass/hack tanks. my ult charges so fast when just shooting at big target like Roadhog. Reinhardt & Roadhog become so helpless when hacked.

tonight tho, my biggest issue was Symmetra. she was just melting me.

LiK

agreed. hate genji. I typically go for hacks on them because I cant fight them 1v1 without it. tracer is easy when she gets hacked but ginji is still so mobile he can be tough to track. I try and get my EMP as soon as I can so I harass/hack tanks. my ult charges so fast when just shooting at big target like Roadhog.

tonight tho, my biggest issue was Symmetra. she was just melting me.

That Symm in that one horrible Comp match was melting everyone. We should've focused on her but oh well.

Since your other hero is Roadhog, you should use him more in our matches. He's good against flankers too and you can even help hook and take out heroes like Symm. I don't think Sombra is that good unless you're godly with her. Komaru mainly asked you to switch cuz your Sombra wasn't effective against that enemy team comp. We needed more DPS and Hog is def better than Sombra. We usually switch if we're not making progress. We can't have a person stick with one hero unless you're a healer. Just a suggestion.

That Symm in that one horrible Comp match was melting everyone. We should've focused on her but oh well.

Since your other hero is Roadhog, you should use him more in our matches. He's good against flankers too and you can even help hook and take out heroes like Symm. I don't think Sombra is that good unless you're godly with her. Komaru mainly asked you to switch cuz your Sombra wasn't effective against that enemy team comp. We needed more DPS and Hog is def better than Sombra. We usually switch if we're not making progress. We can't have a person stick with one hero unless you're a healer. Just a suggestion.

idk I like to think I'm alright with Sombra, won most of my comp games with her (currently 12-6 & 4 draws). Am I not aloud to have a bad night? I have no problem switching to Roadhog when I need to fyi. I feel like we were not winning any of the team fights in general. we also didn't coordinate any of our ults at all. EDIT: referring to the 1 comp game we played

LiK

idk I like to think I'm alright with Sombra, won most of my comp games with her (currently 12-6 & 4 draws). Am I not aloud to have a bad night? I have no problem switching to Roadhog when I need to fyi. I feel like we were not winning any of the team fights in general. we also didn't coordinate any of our ults at all.

You don't need to tell me your win/loss record. I don't care about that stuff. Everyone has bad nights, I didn't say you were bad. I'm saying your Sombra was ineffective against that team comp. Asking someone to switch isn't a big deal. Don't take it personally. You probably saw us switching around when the team fights weren't working.

Imagine this scene: A young, handsome man just going into a fun game of Overwatch - let's call him CRABLORD. He's Master rank and hopes deep within his heart that this next game will be coordinated and fun like all the rest he has played today. Oh sweet naivety.

Little does he know, that at the exact same time he queues up, another more sinister player also queues up. His name is... IPLAYDPS and he's on his second account. At the beginning of the match, young CRABLORD notices that the dps and healer slots fill up leaving only tanks so he mentions that he is only okay as Reinhardt. It was that phrase, the exact phrase that IPLAYDPS' dad had said to him right before he left never to return, that caused IPLAYDPS to wail into his mic, "shut the fuck up..!" Realizing that he had acted in a way that any functional adult would look back on 5 years later in embarrassment, IPLAYDPS quickly left the voice channel and switched to Widow thinking to himself, "Oh man I really hate my dad I'm going to show him."

And that was the story of how I got to lose a game before it even began.

You don't need to tell me your win/loss record. I don't care about that stuff. Everyone has bad nights, I didn't say you were bad. I'm saying your Sombra was ineffective against that team comp. Asking someone to switch isn't a big deal. Don't take it personally. You probably saw us switching around when the team fights weren't working.

I get that. I just get flashbacks back when picking Sombra was a "troll pick". forgive me. Sombra players got to proof themselves more I guess lol. despite everyone not liking her on here, I'm really enjoying Orsia. love her gun and I get a surprising amount of picks with her. I wanna practice her more on qp with you fellas.

LiK

I get that. I just get flashbacks back when picking Sombra was a "troll pick". forgive me. Sombra players got to proof themselves more I guess lol. despite everyone not liking her on here, I'm really enjoying Orsia. love her gun and I get a surprising amount of picks with her. I wanna practice her more on qp with you fellas.

You're talking to a Junk main. I got a lot of that hate in the first two seasons of Comp before I played with more Gaffers who saw I wasn't shit with him. I don't mind you playing Sombra but when we're struggling in a Comp match, don't hesitate to switch to another hero you're good at if you don't think you're doing enough damage. I don't think our group plays with any Sombra mains from what I know. I think you're the first so people aren't gonna gel so quickly. We def need to play more QP to have consistent wins before we dive back into Comp. Playing against other stacks is always extra hard mode.

Also, once Orisa joins Comp, Sombra will be more useful. Just sayin' &#128527;

Geneijin

Don't miss the forest for the trees and get lost in it. I'm in a pretty big rut right now having dropped down to 2346 SR currently from my season and career high of 2859 SR in Season 4. I dropped as low as 1100 SR in my first season (S2). It's easy to blame yourself on how you could have done better since we're both trying to climb out of Gold and there's lots of room for improvement, but remember Overwatch is a team game ultimately. I found games to be more successful when the team is lighthearted, receptive, and communicating. It's just hard to find that voice every game for me even now, but I do notice games are won more often when I communicate. And quite frankly, I've notice in Gold and below, there isn't enough communication and not enough camaraderie because there's too much deferred responsibility having the S76 solely handling the enemy Pharah for example or outright ignoring her.

You also got to consider what role you want to specialize in and how far you want to climb with that ability. What role do I excel in? Am I comfortable flexing? Do I really want to DPS? What role is best for me? How realistic is it to climb to Grandmaster at the end of this season? Etc. My point ultimately is that it's good to look inward to improve, but Overwatch ain't that simple. Sometimes, it's just questionable picks and stubbornness to switch that will doom you especially at that level not related to what you can compensate for as say Mercy.

Oh, and look to group up in a duo queue at least. There's more consistency in that climbing for some people.

bs000

87cabd12b0dfae2cdd80b80682b8086e.png

was worried i wasnt going to make it this season after plummeting to 2300

it never fails....

I say..."ok ok, lets regroup, we need to regroup"

then about 10-15 seconds later, the 1 or 2 Blue arrows I see ahead of me just turn into skulls....

dis3.gif

TheOddOne

i think she's pretty fun but she dies too easily and does nothing against some strong picks right now.

there are some really good plays you can make with the boop, even discounting pulling people off ledges. i had a really good 4-man boop into rein shatter yesterday, and pulling people into barrage or hanzo ult is great too.
Yeah, I've been trying to up my Pharah game and she destroys Orisa like nothing. I've have seen some people use Orisa effectively though, good coordination makes her work.

Top Bottom