• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts on PC demands 6GB of RAM.. yet it uses <2GB

kharma45

It prevents you from playing at all.

What a load of shit lol I knew the recommended specs were gonna turn out to be a crock of lies to but to stop it launching? Fucking hell.

What about all the other stuff people run in the background chewing up RAM? Just having Chrome, Steam, Skype, Spotify and Teamspeak open and and my memory usage is at 5.86GB before I even start a game. If I close off Chrome before I start I end up at 3.27GB.

That seems awfully high. I'd be running something similar with Firefox and I'm nowhere near that sort of usage. Closer to 2.5GB for all that.

Demon Ice

Banned
There's gotta be away to bypass the system check that stops the game from launching.

This is such a shit move but at this point I have no sympathy for people that spend money on CoD, you're just asking to get fucked over.

nbthedude

This is true.

The game also doesn't runs all that well. I've got a superclocked 780 and on max settings @1080p 2xTXAA it drops to low 40s whenever I look at an area like this.While something like BF4 MP, I can get a constant 60FPS at maximum settings and 4*MSAA @ 1080p

What? Battlefield 4 looks amazing single player on my 780 max settings and it runs at a solid 60 with almost all settings on Ultra. This game doesn't even look half as good.

WTF is going on?

Sethos

Banned
Game downloaded, unlocking via Vietnamese VPN. Will do some 5120x2880 shots or if it doesn't want to do that, 4k at least. #SayNoToBlur

gribbles

Banned
I'll believe it when I see it. The chances of gamers needing more than 8GB is extremely unlikely.

Every gen PC gamers need roughly 4-5 times the RAM available in current gen consoles just to run games at max settings. So considering that both xbone and ps4 have 8gigs ram, expect PC versions to require around 32 gigs ram.

Sethos

Banned
SMAA is cause of the extreme blur, turn that shit off.

pGgu5bM.png

IllJiUW.png

zoCPe6i.png

Waaghals

There is nothing wrong with next gen games requiring 6gb of RAM.

The problem is that this game isn't a next gen game. Heck, it isn't even a good looking last gen game.

Looks good.. I think people are just hating just to hate...

Sure, you could argue that with the financial backing that this series has, it probably could look better, but saying it looks ugly is a step too far in the other direction imo.

If there's one game I would expect to be a decent port each year it's Call of Duty. Reflects poorly on Activision and the developers imo.

LMAO @ specs myopia. Get off your high horse rich enthusiasts.

Enkidu

I like how they deliberately made the last-gen wolf worse than was actually possible.
They didn't label them as last-gen and next-gen, that's added by Dennis. The "last-gen" wolf is simply the base model without any fur on it. Obviously once you start masking it in fur you don't need as much detail in the base model, hence why it looks rather basic.

If there's one game I would expect to be a decent port each year it's Call of Duty. Reflects poorly on Activision and the developers imo.

LMAO @ specs myopia. Get off your high horse rich enthusiasts.

Yeah the IW COD's always ran great even on my laptop. Treyarch's were always a bit more intense

You mean virtual memory? Have fun with lots of disk caching and stuttering in that case.

Oh I'm not doing it. I don't even like COD unless it's in the form of a fish sandwich.
Just saying if someone really wanted to play the game on pc but didn't want to buy ram I suppose they could create a ram disk.

16GB was, and still is, overkill for gaming and frankly a waste of money.

And yet a lot of folks report that they get slightly better performance with 16GB over 8GB. Not sure why but I've seen it a lot.

I have 16GB for non-gaming reasons, but RAM is cheap. NO RAGRETS

Top Bottom