• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ross61

With context to recent events and Liman's schedule, I can see this as being mutual as WB presumably wants this available sooner than later and Liman keeps adding movies to his schedule.

Edit: I'm really done with DCEU threads in the OT. Some people just want to hear themselves talk.

Ninjimbo

Nice to see that tweet by Zack.

Anyways, losing Liman kinda sucks because some of the shit in Edge of Tomorrow showed me has a knack for the fantastical. But it's also a sign that WB is still trying to get the movie going. If Liman has too much on his plate, maybe someone else can do it.

Seems like may have wanted to fash-track it if already meeting with new directors

https://twitter.com/borys_kit/status/867170964471033856

I think it'd be an upgrade if only for getting a director with horror film experience.

Liman felt better suited for a Suicide Squad 2 or something. But his schedule seemed loaded; in the same breath he talked about JLD, he mentions Live Die Repeat and Repeat. So who knows if Warners wants these movies sooner than later.

Ross61

Twitter detectives think JA Bayona may be a possible MoS 2 director. He and Geoff recently followed eachother and Bayona has already expressed interest in directing a Superman movie.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/23/wonder-woman-most-anticipated-summer-movie-fandango/

More than 10,000 people participated in the survey — the largest in the company’s 17-year history — and were asked to pick the one movie they were most looking forward to seeing on the big screen between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Wonder Woman took the top spot, followed by the wall-crawling reboot Spider-Man: Homecoming and the swashbuckler Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.

According to a separate Fandango survey of Wonder Woman fans, 92 percent said they were excited to see a standalone female superhero movie, and 87 percent wished Hollywood would make more such movies.

It'd sure be nice if the first* superheroine film is great and does great business. More or less expecting it to review well (not, as some early viewers expect, higher than GOTG2 or even Logan) but I'm hoping to come out enjoying it.

While I'm a little cynical about origin movies, who knows, maybe this'll be up there with greats; Batman Begins, Spider-Man 1, and Iron Man. All the clips I've seen were pretty great. Likely the perception of how little there's shown in marketing, my reservations come from the villains of the movie.

(*of the modern era)

DAiyFmcXoAQFBoa

Jeremy Saulnier is one I could see studios throwing big stuff at, but I dunno if he'd bite. He'd be an interesting choice for Suicide Squad 2 or a horror-oriented DC movie tho.

Ahasverus

Dude, you're on some sort of hate trip with people's body, lol.
Haha no way. Ben's body is a-m-a-z-i-n-g, but the suit is made for a leaner frame. It'd be nice if they ditched the padding and let it fit his own body; I mean, he's a muscle mole, and then they put another muscle suit on him. That's not right imo.

Penguin

Went from Wednesday morning to Monday night.

Also take with massive grain of salt: the Cyborg movie might involve the Metal Men.

I mean it makes sense

Metal/robots that have never actually known human-life trying to be more human-like. And a Cyborg who knows human life and wonders if he is becoming too robotic

I will take that L, but let me explain how it came to that confusion.

I looked at my phone, after you guys wrote that and checked the calendar. 31st was at M, for Monday.

Now the twist, my phone is obviously in German, and we have Montag (Monday) and Mittwoch (Wednsday), which you can see, both starting with an M. So I thought in English, but was reading German. My bad.

a916

So when is the review date? McWheeny blocked me after I asked him to clarify something on twitter... what a thin skinned jerk.

Haha no way. Ben's body is a-m-a-z-i-n-g, but the suit is made for a leaner frame. It'd be nice if they ditched the padding and let it fit his own body; I mean, he's a muscle mole, and then they put another muscle suit on him. That's not right imo.

I agree with this... he's a tank of a dude to begin with...

Penguin

I will take that L, but let me explain how it came to that confusion.

I looked at my phone, after you guys wrote that and checked the calendar. 31st was at M, for Monday.

Now the twist, my phone is obviously in German, and we have Montag (Monday) and Mittwoch (Wednsday), which you can see, both starting with an M. So I thought in English, but was reading German. My bad.

We shall accept this once you do the DCEU Walk of Shame!

Ashhong

I am not sure if Gal's face has always been so full, but i love it. Not chubby or anything, hard to explain, but damn, perfection

Top Bottom