• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One rumors: release on November 5, Titanfall Cover, Tomb Raider port

I also don't think having the Xbox One release on the same day as Ghosts will have the benefits that many people think it will have. You're going to have two high traffic events colliding on a single day. If I was a retailer, I would be happier to have two separate high traffic days instead of one insane high traffic day that would deter walk in purchases.

Putting the Xbone and Ghosts release on the same day is putting the retailers eggs in one basket. High traffic is great but two high traffic days for two separate events is better.

Release both and you get a Sharknado!

hC324DCB2

Rat Salad

Banned
There should absolutely be console ports for PS4 and X1. Square needs to recoupe all the cash they blew with the game in development. Its a sweet sweet game,I hope it does well for them on these next gen machines.

Elios83

I think the release date is just a placeholder meant to coincide with the new COD release date. It might actually happen but for now it's just a retailer guess.
Titafall cover looks good.
Tomb Raider port with 1080p and TressFX is nice but quite frankly I don't see many reasons to buy it again for 40-50$ and people who were interested in the game have already played it.

StevieP

Banned
I think the release date is just a placeholder meant to coincide with the new COD release date. It might actually happen but for now it's just a retailer guess.
Tomb Raider port with 1080p and TressFX is nice but quite frankly I don't see many reasons to buy it again for 40-50$ and people who were interested in the game have already played it.

Early November is about right

whoa nice cover for titanfall

I can see current gen games that came out this year /last year be ported to next gen

saints row 4 is one that will get ported but with the 3rd one

I'm interested and I haven't played it. Would love to play it on my ps4 instead!

oVerde

Banned

I haven't played yet and 'm interested.

MogCakes

This should be quite the interesting holiday. Let's hope the PS4 releases around the same time so we really get a feel for how they sell going head to head.

farisr

Kind of random to port TR over, isn't it? I wonder what else is getting ported.

Doesn't seem random at all.

- The game is already made.
- Porting is not a difficult process to these next-gen consoles
- Square Enix was disappointed in Tomb Raider sales.
- Next-gen game selection is small (compared to current gen consoles) so there is a chance that any people that haven't tried out the game would go for the next-gen version, others who are looking for a game to play may buy it as well even if they weren't too interested in it (due to lack of selection), and on top of that, SE will be receiving more money per copy since it's a next-gen release and they can justify it being full priced again for a while.

ekim

untitledu2ap9.png

lol - MS changed the site everywhere to "coming soon" for the X1 version.
I'm not sure if this ultimately confirms or denies the alleged release.

Mindwipe

Doesn't seem random at all.

- The game is already made.
- Porting is not a difficult process to these next-gen consoles
- Square Enix was disappointed in Tomb Raider sales.
- Next-gen game selection is small (compared to current gen consoles) so there is a chance that any people that haven't tried out the game would go for the next-gen version, others who are looking for a game to play may buy it as well even if they weren't too interested in it (due to lack of selection), and on top of that, SE will be receiving more money per copy since it's a next-gen release and they can justify it being full priced again for a while.

Yup. I haven't bought TR yet, but I do want to.

ATM that's maybe £20 revenue from me. Or indeed nothing for SE if I buy a second hand copy. But if a pretty next gen version is around I'll probably buy that, and I'd probably pay full new retail for it.

Top Bottom