• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One rumors: release on November 5, Titanfall Cover, Tomb Raider port

salromano

Gamestop.de also lists:

Assassin's Creed: Rising Phoenix for PSV (fake)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 for PSV (this version is not coming out in the west)
Uncharted for PS4
Gran Turismo 6 for PS4
Batman Arkham Origins for PS4 and Xbox One
Beyond Good and Evil 2 for PS4 and Xbox One (obvious, though not confirmed)
Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4 and Xbox One (obvious, though not confirmed)
Tomb Raider for PS4 (as well as the Xbox One listing mentioned in the OP)

I think GameStop.de's listings are more speculative than anything else. Also, I think the Tomb Raider it's referring to is the recently confirmed next-gen game, maybe.

bronzeP

Banned
3V8KE.png

3V8LW.png

69€ because they are bastards

FeiRR

Banned
Is it only me or does the Titanfall cover look Halo-ish? In a very good sense, Halo's always had great skyboxes.

bronzeP

Banned
Hm... they list the PS4 for November 13 - do they have any track record on leaking release dates?
I don't know man but they have a track record on shiping games 1-2 weeks before release :p

(also if you go on the austrian xbox site they are listed as retailers there where you can order your X1 from)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
We're going to have many Tuesday release dates speculated so whomever goes out on a limb and puts out the rumor will feel that "IcalledIt" euphoria. Let's just speculate anytime between Oct-Nov on a Tuesday and be done with it.

Hell, Titanfall is coming at perfect time considering Pacific Rim just made giant mechs cool.

I will have forgotten about PI by next spring. Not that I'm not keeping an eye for Titanfall on PC.

ekim

I don't know man but they have a track record on shiping games 1-2 weeks before release :p

(also if you go on the austrian xbox site they are listed as retailers there where you can order your X1 from)

Gameware.at also tends to ship a few days before release. These Austrian retailers are great. :)

nib95

Banned
Absolutely LOVE the TitanFall box art. Be interesting to see if Nov 5th is the actual release. Getting it out in time for COD would definitely make sense.

bronzeP

Banned
btw, if you preorder the Xbox One on Gamesonly.at you'll get an exclusive Black X1 t-shirt (exclusive for Austrian retailers). :p

Dr. Kaos

Banned
60 Awards?

Damn. Nice.

Respawn are making an entrance in style. Pity it's not for the PS4. I wonder how much MS paid.

shandy706

Also on the Tomb Raider port rumour, does the current PC version look that much better?

Seriously?

It's hard to find like angles looking quickly...but I'll crop a few of my own screens to help highlight texture/character differences.

Console Lara
htzk.png

PC Lara
9yhp.png

0bm7.png

Console Textures Up Close
1dup.jpg

PC Textures Up Close
jx8j.png

That on the left is a gnarly tree...nearly touching the in-game camera. Check out all that detail. I literally swung the camera against it.

Also, in motion Tomb Raider looks even better. I'd say screen-shots alone don't come anywhere near doing it justice maxed out on PC.

you may have received them but did they actually LAUNCH before?

i had all 5 x360 launch titles i wanted a day and 2 days before and only because they indie store manager liked me (cos i gave him all my money!)

Jarnet87

It makes a lot of sense for both systems to launch at the same time as CODBF. Forgot what podcast it was (maybe weekend confirmed) where Garnett was theorizing PS4 realizing same day as BF, and One releasing same day as COD.

Jarlaxle

Titanfall looks cool.

November 5th sounds like a nice early date.

I haven't played Tomb Raider yet but was still planning on playing. May wait a little longer to see if it comes to the XB1 instead.

It makes a lot of sense for both systems to launch at the same time as CODBF. Forgot what podcast it was (maybe weekend confirmed) where Garnett was theorizing PS4 realizing same day as BF, and One releasing same day as COD.

Like I said before, it doesn't make much sense from a retailer perspective. You're going to have a ton of traffic for one day when you could have a ton of traffic on two separate days. The retailers will definitely have a say in this as well.

Titanfall Cover

Tomb Raider Xbox One port:
untitled2q8j44.png

source:http://www.gamestop.de/Xbox One/Games/29601/tomb-raider
I can corroborate this :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57350670&postcount=4244

On the official Xbox One homepage, the release date for COD:Ghosts for Xbox One is November 5 and Ghosts is a launch title. Might this be a hint for the Xbox One release date?

source:http://www.xbox.com/de-AT/xbox-one/games/call-of-duty-ghosts

Love the 99€ (133$) price for the Tomb Raider port.

N2NOther

Banned
Call of Duty Ghosts has always been coming out on Nov. 5th. What I find odd about it is that this is the first year it WON'T be releasing during the same week as Veteran's Day.

Maybe the page isn't for a Tomb Raider port but a placeholder for the sequel.

This is what I'm thinking.

Though I don't see how it would be that difficult to port it considering it's on PC.

Like I said before, it doesn't make much sense from a retailer perspective. You're going to have a ton of traffic for one day when you could have a ton of traffic on two separate days. The retailers will definitely have a say in this as well.

Wait, you're saying the retailer will have a say in when the consoles launch? If so, then no, no they won't....at all.

This is what I'm thinking.

Though I don't see how it would be that difficult to port it considering it's on PC.

Wait, you're saying the retailer will have a say in when the consoles launch? If so, then no, no they won't....at all.

They won't have a final say but there is absolutely input involved. You don't think they take feedback from their retail partners? That would be bad form. There is a lot of data and feedback used to judge a release date.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Serious question, is this the first time a first run print of a game has shown off "awards"?

Absolutely not, I know for sure that Zelda Wind Waker Limited Edition had a N-Zone award / rating on its cover on launch day in Germany.

N2NOther

Banned
They won't have a final say but there is absolutely input involved. You don't think they take feedback from their retail partners? That would be bad form. There is a lot of data and feedback used to judge a release date.

Getting feedback from retailers during market research is not retailers having a say. If that's what you meant, then cool, but retailers do nothing but make shelf space.

And both consoles won't release on the same day.

Krakn3Dfx

I don't get titanfall jokes

So what " did you see titanfall " mean?

Major Nelson said it in an interview with I think Angry Joe at some point when Joe was asking the tough questions.

Nelson's E3 defense platforms:

"Have you seen Titanfall?"

"Are you a lawyer?"

"We can't just flip a switch."

Top Bottom