• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X improves over PS4 Pro - Digital Foundry

MilkyJoe

Just to bounce this. Playing Tomb Raider last night.

They depth of field effects are present on the 1X patch. In case anyone was interested.

Its great to see these improvements, however, it seems rather useless...who ever wanted to play this has played this on either Xbox, PS4, PS4 Pro or PC...No one waited so long to play this version.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Its great to see these improvements, however, it seems rather useless...who ever wanted to play this has played this on either Xbox, PS4, PS4 Pro or PC...No one waited so long to play this version.

I haven't played any of these games and guess what? I'm buying them right now

Already have Witcher 3 goty edition, ordering TR, MGS PP, FF15

This reinvigorates more sales imo and you get a better experience with these improved titles

I haven't played any of these games and guess what? I'm buying them right now

Already have Witcher 3 goty edition, ordering TR, MGS PP, FF15

This reinvigorates more sales imo and you get a better experience with these improved titles

Im happy for you, you will be playing the best console version!

But I just see this type of thing as money grab, these are games that have been out for years, I would actually love to see the actual sales on these, just out of curiosity.

c0de

"who would want to play these games?" now even for current gen games.

BigLee74

Im happy for you, you will be playing the best console version!

But I just see this type of thing as money grab, these are games that have been out for years, I would actually love to see the actual sales on these, just out of curiosity.

Free patch to make it look better is a money grab? What the heck are you talking about?

As a guy that has owned the game since it came out, I appreciate their efforts to improve my version at no extra charge to me. They aren't forcing me to rebuy a 'special edition'. And anybody that doesn't have the game, can pick a copy up super cheap these days.

Mattyp

Gold Member

I never picked this up with the amount of games that have come out this gen, Shamed so say have never played Witcher either. 4K here we come but.

Space_nut

Let's be honest, nobody should've doubted that DOF will appear in the final code.

There was a certain someone who doubted it lol

Xbox One X is insanely better over pro.Not only double the res but with 4k assets and higher graphical presets

The hair in the Xbox One X version using the same model as the cutscenes was instantly noticeable :)

Not to completely pile on you here but you couldn't more wrong. I'm picking up a new copy of this with my Xbox One X. It's been on my "to play" list for eons and this update has inspired me to pick up a copy.

timewyrm

I bought a digital copy for my pro during some flash sale earlier in the year, but haven't played it so far. I'm seriously considering double dipping in order to play on the X1X (but only if I can get a copy for cheap on Black Friday).

onQ123

There was a certain someone who doubted it lol

Xbox One X is insanely better over pro.Not only double the res but with 4k assets and higher graphical presets

The hair in the Xbox One X version using the same model as the cutscenes was instantly noticeable :)

Did they?

I doubt if it will be missing when the update is released for now we can only guess that it will look like this & hopefully no one will grab the before & after shots & clam that it's a downgrade because the rock is blurry in the final game.

yy5OEBQ.png

Top Bottom