• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 more awesome Mass Effect screens!

Kiyamon

I extremely enjoyed the KOTOR series of games, so I am biased... BUT this game is going to be amazing in all levels. Graphics are spectacular, we can all be nitpicky about animation, framerate, etc... but this game hits a homerun in graphics (and remember KOTOR had only solid graphics and the framrate still dropped, still enjoyed the games). Story is going to be awesome with great plot twists and depth, this has been Bioware's legacy in all their games. Customization appears to be implemented in all levels of the game.... I am not sure how customizable your character will be, but I read that it will be Tiger Woodesque (hopet his is true).

This game is a must buy and will be critcally acclaimed by all... I predict that it will be the highest rated game when it is released.

RumFore

Banned
Confidence Man said:
People really complaining about military guys with shaved heads? :lol

Maybe this is more your style

masseFFect.jpg

:lol Needs more spikes and swords.

Funky Papa said:
It was fairly poptacular, but it was also very early.

On a sidenote some people really want to turn pretty things like this thread into a pile of shite.

Thats frame-rate... not poor animation.

Mononofu

chespace said:
To paraphrase something I've heard before...

Between this post and the Killzone 2/Forza 2 franchise killer thread today, how the fvck do you get away with some of these troll posts and backhanded compliments of yours?

nah mckmas8808 is cool, just because he said it looks a little flat does not = trolling. I can't wait for the mods to unban doom_bringer, then things will get interesting. ;)

BigBoss

chespace said:

Between this post and the Killzone 2/Forza 2 franchise killer thread today, how the fvck do you get away with some of these troll posts and backhanded compliments of yours?

Sounds familiar...

chespace said:

He has to find some way
not all of us are game developers

GreekWolf

Derps said:
Yeah let's kill off those fiends who don't like Mass Effect
But it's the usual suspects that pop up in every 360 thread and sling feces. Mass Effect is just an innocent bystander.

Latest batch of screenies look nice. If they can smooth out that frame-rate, I think Bioware has another winner on it's hands. :)

On the one hand, I can't wait to play this game; but when I look at the character designs, I really don't like the aliens in humanoid sci-fi shells idea. Their own suits need to be much more individualised compared to other humanoid beings with regards to bode shape, sizes, amounts of limbs etc. I'm not liking the alien head on a human body look at all.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Karma Kramer said:
Do have a link to the video you are talking about..
Every ME video shows some stiff animation, specially the one from the unveiling. The X06 demonstration was not horrible, but still had some of that wooden feeling. I think animation is becoming more and more important, you can't have just decent animation with this kind of visuals, it becomes too evident for its own sake.

VinZuku

...Looking at those screens...

...I just wet myself.

I really, really hope some developer out there grabs Mass Effect's engine and uses it for a game based in the original Star Trek universe. That would be, for me, a dream come true.

rage1973

VinZuku said:

...I just wet myself.

I really, really hope some developer out there grabs Mass Effect's engine and uses it for a game based in the original Star Trek universe. That would be, for me, a dream come true.
It's called Unreal Engine.

VinZuku said:

...I just wet myself.

Mass Effect uses UE3, so the odds of that happening are not all that small.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Funky Papa said:
Not really, the animation was not exactly hot either. But as I say that was an early build.

X06 video had much improved animation over the E3 video, and the E3 video may be what you're talking about...

And on top of that, X06 was a long time ago, plenty of time to improve even more...

Yeah I just watched the two videos again and I thought the animation was really good. The way the faces animate is beyond anything I have ever seen. Maybe I am missing something... but it looks good to me.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
rage1973 said:
It's called Unreal Engine.

People really have it ingrained that UE3 engine = Gears of War visual style

Its been said before but the UE3 engine is just that flexible. It comes down to asset creation.

LJ11

Deku, stick to your sales threads and Wii circle-jerks. I'm sick of trolls bagging on style because the game doesn't include elves and fairies.

segarr

PleoMax said:
I dont think those look so good. Kinda surprised to see ppl saying those look amazing.
It's one thing to say you don't think it looks good, but to question why others think it does is just plain arrogant.

GeneralIroh said:
Man this game has really generic art. The human's leg and shoulder armor look too bulky. They mostly look like lifeless bald zombies with huge hips. Most of the alien designs are boring too. Especially that cyborg. Looks like the only thing that will pull me into the game is the gameplay.
You know I'd really like to validate your opinion however you posting this reaks of a really bad troll on a really awesome looking game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this is hands down the best looking game i've ever seen. just incredible art and gorgeous character designs. please dont suck

nitewulf

i like how the armours are busted up on the edges in that one pic. awesome sense of detail. and honestly the chicks are pretty hot in this game, alien and otherwise...and even the protagonist is handsome, bald or otherwise.
i dont get some of the complaints.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Mike G.E.D. said:
Or how about, instead, you sack the idiots trolling the game?

Because, on this forum, people (to an extent) are entitled to their opinions. Meatheads jumping in labeling him as a wacky jappy loving anti xbox, even if there is evidence to it, is just a personal attack; it's not an argument. This is a tactic that is going to stop.

PleoMax

Banned
segarr said:
It's one thing to say you don't think it looks good, but to question why others think it does is just plain arrogant.

I dont think so. Im pretty reasonable, i know what looks good and what doesnt look good. And up till now, as far as this subject goes, my opinion was pretty much the same as the rest of the ppl around here. So its rather surprising for me to see that changed now.

I actually used to thing this looked awesome, now i think it looks rough, the jaggies, some poor texturing...graphically this game is not so hot for me anymore, but ill wait for more videos to get a clear picture.

tHoMNZ

LOL at that.. 2 weeks ago there was a discussion about the ps3 gpu and i pointed out that the 360 gpu could well be more capable. thats all.. and some mod decided to ban me for a week. double standards ftl

Safe Bet

Banned
KOTOR is one of the best games ever created...

I'm going to buy Mass Effect even if it means I have to dig through three feet of shit to do so...

You will too...

I can't wait to sample the options when creating my character. I like the look of the main generic male character, but I'd like to see what else there is. Besides that, I'm really impressed with ME.

Drewsy

Banned
Hmm, these aren't hitting me like they are for you guys...then again I've got my brightness turned down because my battery is almost dead, my screen is probably dirty too. Let me go find a charger and a wipe...

edit: WOW

Dave Long said:
At least the game has colors other than grey and brown.

I really don't see the OMG! HAWT! ROX! ROOFLES! stuff though. It's a bunch of people standing around and in the one action shot he's shooting at something two feet away from him.
Agreed. The game looks great but nothing that'll melt your mind or anything. Then again the people here still freak out over Lost Planet so whatever.

jaypah

Systems_id said:
Agreed. The game looks great but nothing that'll melt your mind or anything. Then again the people here still freak out over Lost Planet so whatever.

hey now.....L.P. is beautiful. let's not shoot down the innocent. i'd be interested to know what games are out right now that trounce it graphicaly?

oh and screens look hot. haters be damned.

mikeGFG

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Because, on this forum, people (to an extent) are entitled to their opinions. Meatheads jumping in labeling him as a wacky jappy loving anti xbox, even if there is evidence to it, is just a personal attack; it's not an argument. This is a tactic that is going to stop.

You're entitled to your opinion if you state it in a civil manner-- not employing awful fads, or inflamitory claims knowing full well the response it will elicit.

Can you imagine the shitstorm that would erupt if one were to say that Twilight Princess or FFXII had "no visual style". The detractors would be banned left and right. Yet the same situation happens here, and the ones outraged, defending the outrageous remarks get banned instead.

Stop the idiots who troll, and you will have stoped the personal attacks and unfounded generalizations. Stopping only the latter will allow for more morons to offer no reasoning for their arguements which will in turn lead to more flaming, and more trolling.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Mike G.E.D. said:
You're entitled to your opinion if you state it in a civil manner-- not employing awful fads, or inflamitory claims knowing full well the response it will elicit.

Can you imagine the shitstorm that would erupt if one were to say that Twilight Princess or FFXII had "no visual style". The detractors would be banned left and right. Yet the same situation happens here, and the ones outraged, defending the outrageous remarks get banned instead.

Stop the idiots who troll, and you will have stoped the personal attacks and unfounded generalizations. Stoping the latter will only allow for more morons to offer no reasoning for their arguements which will in turn lead to more flaming, and more trolling.

If this thread derails with moku going on about his opinion on the uncanny valleyness of the game then sure there will be bans. Why should I want to keep a bunch of people who, instead of offering good arguments, will just flame a user that disagrees with them? I know they might be your brothers in arms, but sorry I'm just not going to tolerate it and thems the breaks.

mikeGFG

Banned
sp0rsk said:
If this thread derails with moku going on about his opinion on the uncanny valleyness of the game then sure there will be bans. Why should I want to keep a bunch of people who, instead of offering good arguments, will just flame a user that disagrees with them? I know they might be your brothers in arms, but sorry I'm just not going to tolerate it and thems the breaks.

Because just stating your opinion as fact does not equate to a good argument to begin with. Why would you expect one to respond well to an awfully presented argument, or attack on something they're fond of?

sp0rsk said:

TEST.jpg

The picture suits you well.

GreekWolf

Mike G.E.D. said:
I think trolling Zelda is one of those rare anomalies that transcend the boundaries of time and space. The franchise is so beloved, that anyone who pops into the thread and offers even the slightest hint of criticism (warranted or not) will incite such a riot, that it's literally impossible for conversation to resume until the infidel has been removed.

Maybe Mass Effect will reach that legendary status at some point. :)

Top Bottom