• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 more awesome Mass Effect screens!

Zen

Banned
temp said:
That does sound pretty sad.

You can't judge me!

OK maybe you can, but the game was an almost certain must buy for me before, the space babes just pushed it slightly further into must by territory

It's not my fault the game combines two things that I love; I'm the victim here damnit. >:|

nitewulf

best aruguement against trolling this sort of a game is to keep your mouth shut, let the game come out, let it garner 9.0+ reviews, sell 1 million plus copies like the rest of the big 360 games, and then point at ppl and laugh wildly.
because in the end, no matter what, they lose.

I get banned for mentioning the possibility that MGS4 "might" come to the 360 and people in here get a free pass for what reason again?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
T-1000_Model3 said:
TEST.jpg

The picture suits you well.

This is exactly the shit I'm talking about.

The policy for "MGS ON 360 HUR" is the same for "I WISH THIS GAME WAS ON DS/PSP" and have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

If you have any more problems PM me or go to another forum, this thread isn't the "5 new screens of moderation policy arguments" it's about Mass Effect.

bry-bry said:
Compared to what? I could not disagree with you more.
Maybe I went a lil too far with the comment but metroid prime has better alien designs.
I mean just look at that one picture of the female cyborg.
904_0001.jpg

LAME

kevm3

Game looks good. One of the best I've seen. However, it's the constant trolling on all sides of the spectrum and overanalysis of graphics from screenshots that makes this forum almost unreadable at times. I can't wait to see how it actually will play.

Wollan said:
I really like the suits in this game. Between the hardened parts you got polstring of the 'old' kind which is kinda neat to look at and practical. Red and white as well is a cool color combo (as the alien girl is wearing in pic four).

I hate 'em. My least favorite thing about this game is the wardrobe design.

The environments are awesome though. I have a lot of hope for this game.

bengraven

GeneralIroh said:
Maybe I went a lil too far with the comment but metroid prime has better alien designs.
I mean just look at that one picture of the female cyborg.
904_0001.jpg

LAME

I was coming here to comment that she looked amazing. An original, badass, yet elegant design.

JB1981

Can't wait to play this. I think I'm going to enjoy the exploration and interaction aspects a lot more than the combat, though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
I hope that warning also applies to the "OMG BALD SPACE MARINES LOLOLOS!" bullshit too.

yes it does...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ganondorfo said:
You know that this is the company behind jade empire...

yeah and Kotor, BG1 and 2 and Never Winter Nights.. making one "ok" and 4 "OMFG" games is what I call a good track record

GhaleonEB

bengraven said:
I was coming here to comment that she looked amazing. An original, badass, yet elegant design.
Yeah, I scrolled over to see her and thought, wow, that's cool design! Taste is subjective. Most people like the art in Mass Effect, but not everyone. I have yet to encounter a critic-proof anything, and don't expect to. Mass Effect has AAA art and design, IMO.

Muppet345

bad art

(buying a 360 and an hdtv for this :D hdtv ordered tomorrow)

isn't that dude on the left in the third shot the villain they revealed? what's he doing with the main character? maybe just the same race as the villain?

Dina

JB1981 said:
Can't wait to play this. I think I'm going to enjoy the exploration and interaction aspects a lot more than the combat, though.

^2. The space map had me creaming. Can't wait.

The wierd glow remains but the screens are pretty amazing.

Though it's ironic that most of GAF won't even complete the game.

still looks great...I might need to get at least a lend of a 360 for this game...it looks great, none of this better or worse than some other game....just great
peace

Looking great. The quality of the environments is getting to where it should be, and those alien designs look fantastic (except for maybe that last one - purple/blue colour schemes never work as far as I'm concerned). If they're given enough time to polish it up I'm sure all the little technical problems will be taken care of.

I can't decide which game my boner is harder for, Bioshock or this.

buckfutter said:
I can't decide which game my boner is harder for, Bioshock or this.

Definitely Bioshock for me, I`m a sucker for old school weirdness, and just being suprised by what happens in the story.

Having said that, mass effect looks great too.

Hunahan

Banned
Gah. This is becoming one of those unbearable waits. I really hope it makes that May ship date, because a push back to "Q4" would just be painfull.

Hot to trot.

Haunted

Aaron said:
Jade Empire has come to the PC. Perhaps a long wait, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Every Bioware game has come to the PC sooner or later afaik.

Doesn't mean anything of course, but it helps to keep the hope alive. :)

Jacobi

Banned
Haunted_One said:
oooh, now you've done it. :D
What ? I don't even have a next-gen console, I'm more like a PC fan, but this is undeniably the best shit I've seen yet as a gamer. I mean it looks like a REAL sci-fi world :) I woner how that "Dragon whatever"-game (the other game of Bioware on PC) will look like compared to this

Top Bottom