• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 more awesome Mass Effect screens!

Wulfer

WoW this games just get's better and better. This is truely my most wanted game of ALL GAMES this gen so far. Halo 3 had better be incredible to beat this game! :D

Kotor on Xbox.

40_0038.jpg

ME

masseffect_02_745x440.jpg

temp said:
How did I miss that? Anyone have the shots?

http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/4372/904_0004.jpg

They look good but is the future a bunch of people doing a little to much coke an herion. Is Prozac one of the items you can aquire? They sure look like they need it .

temp

posting on contract only
raYne said:
So you're asking a serious question regarding creating your character... about two people that aren't you?

Really?
So what you're saying is that you don't recognize forms of speech aside from jokes and absolutely literal speech.

raYne

temp said:
So what you're saying is that you don't recognize forms of speech aside from jokes and absolutely literal speech.
So this is what you used to jump to two characters no one was talking about?

Cool cool... *thumbs up*

Dave Long

Banned
At least the game has colors other than grey and brown.

I really don't see the OMG! HAWT! ROX! ROOFLES! stuff though. It's a bunch of people standing around and in the one action shot he's shooting at something two feet away from him.

temp

posting on contract only
raYne said:
So this is what you used to jump to two characters no one was talking about?

Cool cool... *thumbs up*
Except the guys that the guy you were responding to was talking about. But yes, you got it.

dejan

Confidence Man said:
People really complaining about military guys with shaved heads? :lol

Maybe this is more your style

masseFFect.jpg

ME just went from awesome to omgwtfbbqdayonepurchaseawesome!

Tieno

Just the idea and concept of a sci-fi space opera RPG with this visual style and seeing the screenshots...They look really good.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Re: Uncanny Valley - I think these screenshots hardly evoke the phenomena and are certainly better than a lot of full-blown CG that I've seen. There's more subtlety to facial expression on these characters face than I've seen a game achieve so far and the overall visual style achieves a degree of photorealism that doesn't sacrifice a distinct flair of its own.

In short, Deku and others are looney.

SPEA

looks amazing.

some of you guys are nuts. like seriously, what do some of you expect? this visuals are phenomenal yet theres still bitching. if you don't think these look good your either blind, in denial, or spoiled.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Confidence Man said:
People really complaining about military guys with shaved heads? :lol

Maybe this is more your style

masseFFect.jpg

Seriously speaking, I'm positive that this is all that the "bald" commentators really love - huge, spiky, multicolored anime hair... so much that anything less than two inches long and in a regular colour is automatically bald...

...and Deku needs eyeball replacements... now.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
You've made him look even more like a neanderthal with the spikey hair.

I'd just like to drop a warning that the "OMG I BET YOU LOIKE ANIMU HURURHURR" defense will get you sacked. If you think he's trolling, either argue his comment or ignore it, attacking him without even really knowing what his tastes are by dropping generalizations isn't helping.

HydrantC12 said:
looks amazing.

some of you guys are nuts. like seriously, what do some of you expect? this visuals are phenomenal yet theres still bitching. if you don't think these look good your either blind, in denial, or spoiled.

Actually, I expect this to be very sterile and very appealing for people who admire dead things; it fits the sci-fi/tech concept. And as such, it's a smashing success. Doesn't mean I have to like the look, or the concept. Now that's the subjective angle. Objectively, it seems technologically impressive on the surface, but everything I've seen so far has been animated like shit on stilts, although I suppose that goes well with the aforementioned sterility and lack of life to the characters and environments. Reminds me of Too Human in that respect. The effects are good though, I'll give it that.

Looks like CG, but not in a way that I can appreciate.

You guys are judging the animations from the an early build with framerate hitches? :lol From the footage I've seen, it looks smoother than the gameplay animations in MGS4.

sp0rsk said:

I'd just like to drop a warning that the "OMG I BET YOU LOIKE ANIMU HURURHURR" defense will get you sacked. If you think he's trolling, either argue his comment or ignore it, attacking him without even really knowing what his tastes are by dropping generalizations isn't helping.

I hope that warning also applies to the "OMG BALD SPACE MARINES LOLOLOS!" bullshit too.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
mckmas8808 said:
The screens look great, but why do they look more flat now? Is it the way they took the screenshots?

To paraphrase something I've heard before...

Between this post and the Killzone 2/Forza 2 franchise killer thread today, how the fvck do you get away with some of these troll posts and backhanded compliments of yours?

mikeGFG

Banned
sp0rsk said:

Or how about, instead, you sack the idiots trolling the game?

Scotch

Deku said:
It's Bioware. The gameplay will be awesome and I'm looking forward to giving western RPGs another try, but this game has no visual style.
You're wrong. This is one of the few UE3 games that DOES have its own visual style.

And although it doesn't show in these screenshots, the facial expressions in this game are excellent as well. Just watch some of the released trailers.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
sp0rsk said:

Not a single guy in any of those pics is bald... he was clearly trolling... and kept at it for atleast three posts while others tried to be reasonable with him...

AltogetherAndrews said:
Actually, I expect this to be very sterile and very appealing for people who admire dead things; it fits the sci-fi/tech concept. And as such, it's a smashing success. Doesn't mean I have to like the look, or the concept. Now that's the subjective angle. Objectively, it seems technologically impressive on the surface, but everything I've seen so far has been animated like shit on stilts, although I suppose that goes well with the aforementioned sterility and lack of life to the characters and environments. Reminds me of Too Human in that respect. The effects are good though, I'll give it that.

Looks like CG, but not in a way that I can appreciate.

Wait the animation is bad? Did you see the in-game converstations? Thats what this game originally got praised for...

Also there is soo much going for this game that I find it bizarre someone would just focus on some sterile enviroments and lose interest. Its like complaining about the color of the covenant blood in Halo. Sure it might be a little bit annoying but in the big picture... "who cares."

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Karma Kramer said:
Wait the animation is bad?
It was fairly poptacular, but it was also very early.

On a sidenote some people really want to turn pretty things like this thread into a pile of shite.

Top Bottom