• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

I'm fairly new to Double Toasted, haven't listened to The High Score much so it was a slightly awkward and uncomfortable vibe for me listening to the segment. This was the first time I've experienced a raw airing of grievances. I respect the realness, though.

What happened with the Sammy situation?

I'm listening to the Sunday Service show and KC gave Sammy a lector. Hard to understand what going on with people laughing in the background and stuff. Is Sammy not happy with accommodations, like the hotel, during their LA trip? So he talks shit about it?

Thanks.

He didn't like the place they were staying at and thought Korey was slacking and not caring enough about Double Toasted.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Talking shit about the LA lodging situation wouldn't have been much of a problem because Korey himself was calling the place a shithole. The problem was indeed that Sammy started going with the employer angle and kept doubling down and acting a fool about it. Like Korey said, after that he had to address it publicly otherwise he'd look like a bitch. This was way less awkward than the drunk show situation though, lol.

Timu

I'm really curious on how they will review Alien Covenant as it seems to be well received by critics on rottentomatoes but hated by many people who saw screenings of it already.

While I like Corey and Martin I really wish co host, Cyrus and Carlyle would come back. Even though Carlyle is a celebrity now. These new guys aren't as charismatic or fun to listen to as the original spill.com cast.

As someone who followed Spill.com but not deeply what was that quick comment Korey made about exactly?

The owners of Spill were slowly taking control of the site away from Korey and in return he was getting a lot of blame from his coworkers on things he had no control over. I wanna say it started around 2012 and when it happened you got the hint that Spill's days were almost over.

zeioIIDX

Gotta listen this one but man, the drunk show when he went off on Danielle...I felt so bad for her. She just wanted to have a good time and have fun but she did go a little too far. Korey tore her fucking soul apart though and even dismissed her tears. Had no idea there were issues like this between them like Sammy and Korey and Korey C. and Ray. I miss Tommy sometimes. My favorite is when it's just Martin and the two Korey's but Danielle is fun too although people give her too much shit.

mreddie

While I like Corey and Martin I really wish co host, Cyrus and Carlyle would come back. Even though Carlyle is a celebrity now. These new guys aren't as charismatic or fun to listen to as the original spill.com cast.

Cryus cameos from time to time but Tony is done and Carlyle is Hollywood Swingin'

Goodwin and Gertz are a good combo and fill ins but yeah, Tommy had a good dynamic, but you know...

The owners of Spill were slowly taking control of the site away from Korey and in return he was getting a lot of blame from his coworkers on things he had no control over. I wanna say it started around 2012 and when it happened you got the hint that Spill's days were almost over.

Thanks.

Cryus cameos from time to time but Tony is done and Carlyle is Hollywood Swingin'

Goodwin and Gertz are a good combo and fill ins but yeah, Tommy had a good dynamic, but you know...
Honestly for me Girts in the last few months has become the MVP of the DT specific crew,
He got a really good niche and fits well.

LewieP

Sort of weird seeing all this drama. I only really watch their stuff on youtube for the most part, and really enjoy the mix of different personalities. KC is a great central host, but he's obviously also a very dominant personality, and he's clearly putting his heart and soul into DT, but I do think there are moments when he should hold back a little and let other personalities have more space.

Perhaps I'm getting a skewed perspective from just seeing their youtube stuff though, not the bulk of their streams.

I don't disagree with his decision to publicly address this stuff. I think he was reasonably fair given the circumstances.

Edit: I've not seen much of Danielle, but she generally has interesting stuff to contribute.

I think telling a funny story of "the shithole hotel we stayed in" would have been fine without pointing the blame at anyone, and Sammy could have even said "Next time around I'll happily put the effort in to try and find somewhere good to stay", but it was a real weird rant to go on publicly. It's been dealt with now, so I hope all parties just move on.

taizuke

I'm really curious on how they will review Alien Covenant as it seems to be well received by critics on rottentomatoes but hated by many people who saw screenings of it already.

I just don't get why they would wait to upload this review which leads me to think their review isn't going to be that positive. But, then again why would they care? I mean if something is bad shouldn't they tell their audience as soon as possible?

I'm gonna see it regardless but their decision to hold off on this review was a bit odd.

Btw, don't get me wrong i love these guys. Been a fan since Spill.com.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Korey: "Let's go ahead and watch the trailer for the Emoji movie starring TJ Miller--"

Goodwin: 😐😐😐😐😐😐😐

I'm with you, Goodwin. That's pretty much always my reaction to TJ Miller in movies.

Man, it was a shame what that Hollywood site did to Korey after they bought him out. Spill was my favorite site for years, and the forums were a constant source of entertainment despite being a wasteland of insane people.

Let us remember the Saga of Raymond.

Korey: "Let's go ahead and watch the trailer for the Emoji movie starring TJ Miller--"

I'm with you, Goodwin. That's pretty much always my reaction to TJ Miller in movies.

Goodwin's just a hater for no reason. For crying out, dude hates on Dan Steven because he's getting lots of roles in good tv shows and movies.

Goodwin's face while they watched the trailer killed me. I hope someone makes it into a reaction image.

Skittles

He ran over somebody and is currently awaiting trial. I think?

He accidentally did a hit and run.

Tommy has grown on me during his DT run - he got that "Co-host" vibe with Korey- but what he did like others mention, he won't come back.

Gerts is great on DT.
God damn, I would have never guessed that. Sucks that it happened, there was good chemistry in those episodes. Also, someone made this image, I admit I laughed

giphy.gif

Alien

Korey:
---Matinee---
Martin:
---Rental---
Patrick:
---Matinee---
Goodwin:
FULLPRICE

I've almost always aligned with Goodwin so far so I'm pretty happy to see that. But unfortunately, I'm gonna have to wait a few months before I can see that movie.

And the Emoji video was hilarious. I had never heard of that Rubik's cube cartoon before. The human race has a lot to atone for.

Top Bottom