• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Allies need to listen to some Hardcore History!

Kyle, put it on in the background while you play Persona

No, you got to listen to Hardcore History while playing something like Civilization VI or Crusader Kings II.

Dude we are talking about people who don't know who Winston Churchill is lol.

There is something funny about "the Allies" not knowing about Churchill :p

Anyways I recommend the movie "Into the Storm" for anyone here who likes history films
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TpsgQMV5L0

Mista Koo

Anyone taking Zelda veeeery slowly like me? I'm at more than 30 hours but I barely poked around 4 areas only. Early location spoilers:
I've done the story business in Hateno and I'm now moving to the Zora's Domain.
Me, although I'm starting to regret it. I am more than 55 hours in and only finished half of the dungeons
Zora and Rito
. I'm worried that I will get bored before I finish the game. I am browsing the map looking for interesting points less, especially since I'm running out of stamps.

I was shocked the dudes have never heard of Chopin or Sartre
Pretty sure Ben wasn't sure how to pronounce Chopin, not who he was. As for Sartre, he's the guy whose name is familiar but I know nothing about him :p

I think the idea of international household names is absurd anyway.

I also want to echo that we were just so tunnel visioned on making sure the live event went off without a hitch and delivered that we just didn't realize what we were doing in terms of presenting the new info to people. It's an oversight for sure, and we've discussed it and made it clear that next time around we need to give info to everyone first, not just a few and then the rest later. So our bad on that, and I apologize for not realizing it sooner.

We're gonna be talking about the new stuff in more detail though and then hopefully we'll answer any remaining questions you have. I will say this on stream tomorrow, but for you here now asking questions I'll say the Nintendo podcast would be initially involve Kyle giving me advice/guidance on the format/setup, and then I would take it from there. So it will be structured. I also want to really aim to do alternate guest lineups in terms of First episode of the month, EZA crew, 2nd episode of the month, Special Guests (non-EZA). And topics can be news if there is big news that isn't caught in time for the EZA Podcast, but also more evergreen (as some of you put it) topics like why did the N64 Fail, Best GCN game discussion, etc, etc. Maybe even bring in non-Nintendo guests for topics like Sega vs Nintendo days or something along that lines. And just as with Zelda Talk, I am also considering turning it over to Patrons to make suggestions/vote on topics when they're not timely/news focused to see what you all maybe want us to talk about since it's possible I might not be aware of a topic you really want me to address. And just like topic suggestions for Nintendo, if you have guest suggestions (that aren't outrageous - sorry we don't have that much clout) I will gladly try to make those happen.

Also, while the Nintendo thing will always be a podcast, Zelda Talk episodes don't always have to be just a podcast. As soon as BotW stuff settles down, I'm making the "Read the Manual" episode which will be a more produced feature video that I actually won't be able to edit myself, and will need help from Ian/Jones/Don to make it happen because it needs to be good. So while not every episode will be that way, an occasional one will be what some of you have been asking for more of - more highly produced videos.

Again, this will be messaged by tomorrow to all Patrons but saw all the concerns today and felt like something needed to be said here.

Also making a video update on Game Sleuth that will go up soon and as I said earlier, next episode really should be up in April. Sorry for the poor communication on this new episode but it's closer to happening and hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

Edit: About Chopin, these casuals don't even need to know history. They're supposed to be JRPG masters and yet if they were, they surely would have played Eternal Sonata and known what was up, or that his outfit was available in Vesperia as an alt costume. Pffft dropping my pledge right now.

wapplew

I also want to echo that we were just so tunnel visioned on making sure the live event went off without a hitch and delivered that we just didn't realize what we were doing in terms of presenting the new info to people. It's an oversight for sure, and we've discussed it and made it clear that next time around we need to give info to everyone first, not just a few and then the rest later. So our bad on that, and I apologize for not realizing it sooner.

We're gonna be talking about the new stuff in more detail though and then hopefully we'll answer any remaining questions you have. I will say this on stream tomorrow, but for you here now asking questions I'll say the Nintendo podcast would be initially involve Kyle giving me advice/guidance on the format/setup, and then I would take it from there. So it will be structured. I also want to really aim to do alternate guest lineups in terms of First episode of the month, EZA crew, 2nd episode of the month, Special Guests (non-EZA). And topics can be news if there is big news that isn't caught in time for the EZA Podcast, but also more evergreen (as some of you put it) topics like why did the N64 Fail, Best GCN game discussion, etc, etc. Maybe even bring in non-Nintendo guests for topics like Sega vs Nintendo days or something along that lines. And just as with Zelda Talk, I am also considering turning it over to Patrons to make suggestions/vote on topics when they're not timely/news focused to see what you all maybe want us to talk about since it's possible I might not be aware of a topic you really want me to address. And just like topic suggestions for Nintendo, if you have guest suggestions (that aren't outrageous - sorry we don't have that much clout) I will gladly try to make those happen.

Also, while the Nintendo thing will always be a podcast, Zelda Talk episodes don't always have to be just a podcast. As soon as BotW stuff settles down, I'm making the "Read the Manual" episode which will be a more produced feature video that I actually won't be able to edit myself, and will need help from Ian/Jones/Don to make it happen because it needs to be good. So while not every episode will be that way, an occasional one will be what some of you have been asking for more of - more highly produced videos.

Again, this will be messaged by tomorrow to all Patrons but saw all the concerns today and felt like something needed to be said here.

Also making a video update on Game Sleuth that will go up soon and as I said earlier, next episode really should be up in April. Sorry for the poor communication on this new episode but it's closer to happening and hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

Edit: About Chopin, these casuals don't even need to know history. They're supposed to be JRPG masters and yet if they were, they surely would have played Eternal Sonata and known what was up, or that his outfit was available in Vesperia as an alt costume. Pffft dropping my pledge right now.

Thanks for the update.
Hope Nintendo show be popular enough to invite big name guest like Aonuma or Reggie on the show one day!
As for show suggestion, I would love some Nintendo related quiz segment.

Philippo

Hey you, i like you.

BBboy20

Thanks for the update.
Hope Nintendo show be popular enough to invite big name guest like Aonuma or Reggie on the show one day!
As for show suggestion, I would love some Nintendo related quiz segment.
Even it was that popular, Dam isn't one to hold back so probably not. Treehouse folks working at E3 (and having free time) would be the closest to talking to Nintendo themselves, I would bet.

wapplew

About new Nintendo podcast, I think they should make it broader, like Japanese game podcast.
Talk about Japan gaming market, Media create chart, give niche title like Trail of cold steel more spotlight, announcement like DQXI date, Atlus 2017 road map and Nintendo, Sega, From, Capcom etc.

Visceir

What are the chances of them finally going to 50K?

Unless they make significant changes I don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever.

EZA seems content with where they are now and how things are progressing though, achieving higher tiers would surely also mean more work for them.

But in this day and age you may never know when they might all of a sudden go viral and get their big break.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
From my perspective I think the criticisms on the way things rolled out have a point regardless of how we handle it in the future.

Much appreciated! I'm glad to hear that the presentation of information at the concert event wasn't a planned occurrence and that it is was an issue that was actively reviewed and discussed by the allies after the fact.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
As soon as BotW stuff settles down, I'm making the "Read the Manual" episode which will be a more produced feature video that I actually won't be able to edit myself, and will need help from Ian/Jones/Don to make it happen because it needs to be good. So while not every episode will be that way, an occasional one will be what some of you have been asking for more of - more highly produced videos.

Rather than another video painting EZA as having some strange Zelda obsessed fansite bolted on, I'd rather very limited editing and production time was spent on video coverage if not reviews of Night in the Woods/Hollow Knight/Rain World/Little Nightmares/Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap/Birthdays The Beginning/Sonic Mania/STRAFE/Farpoint VR and many more games EZA's staff won't most likely get to due to having to balance so many other different games at once.

Dmax3901

Rather than another video painting EZA as having some strange Zelda obsessed fansite bolted on, I'd rather very limited editing and production time was spent on video coverage if not reviews of Night in the Woods/Hollow Knight/Rain World/Little Nightmares/Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap/Birthdays The Beginning/Sonic Mania/STRAFE/Farpoint VR and many more games EZA's staff won't most likely get to due to having to balance so many other different games at once.

How is this helpful in any way? You think removing one produced video is gonna magically give all the allies hours and hours to play all those games?

Hasney

Sounds good, looking forward to it. One thing I will say is that I took a video editing course on lynda.com and could do decent cuts of talking over gameplay with musical notes that rise and fade as interstitals pretty well by the end of a few hours. Not sure if doing a first edit on stuff like that would make it easier on the "proper" editors to polish things up after that or harder because they want to do things differently or not, but just something I thought I'd mention, because it was pretty fun to do anyway.

wapplew

Unless they make significant changes I don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever.

EZA seems content with where they are now and how things are progressing though, achieving higher tiers would surely also mean more work for them.

But in this day and age you may never know when they might all of a sudden go viral and get their big break.

Just dip their toe into politics and watch the money flow. /s

Roubjon

Yo, awesome job Damiani explaining how awful the gaming industry is to women. I don't quite understand Brad's stance on it. It kind of reminded me of someone who thinks it happens to everyone at equal levels, which bugged me.

CoolOff

100k on Youtube boys!

SughJ7y.gif

Man, Damiani bringing up Rockstar to show Breath of the Wilds frame rate is unacceptable...maybe wanna go back and play GTAIV and V on a 360 sometime...or worse, a PS3. Like 20fps as standard.

Hasney

Man, Damiani bringing up Rockstar to show Breath of the Wilds frame rate is unacceptable...maybe wanna go back and play GTAIV and V on a 360 sometime...or worse, a PS3. Like 20fps as standard.

Hell, or even just play Nier Automata. 900p on regular PS4 and all dat stutter.

emb

Haven't notice this at all :|

I think I must just be blessed by the gods because frame rate does not bother me. I just play great games, baby B-)
Ignorance is bliss! At most I notice the frame drops and just think "haha, alright". Life would be hard if it was something that really annoyed me, especially if like smooth 30 stuck out to me vs 60.

Hasney

Haven't notice this at all :|

I think I must just be blessed by the gods because frame rate does not bother me. I just play great games, baby B-)
Yeah, its not something that bothers me too much, but higher frame rate always feels better for me. I'm a weird one where I'd rather have a game that aims for 60 (or higher on my PC, usually turn stuff down to get to 120) but drops than 30.

Ultimadrago

Hell, or even just play Nier Automata. 900p on regular PS4 and all dat stutter.

Yeah, think I'll wait for more potential PC touch-ups before thinking of touching that (as I've read that it has some of the same issues there, obviously not the resolution one).

From the L&R Podcast? I don't think that's what the conversation was.

Wasn't it about visuals and how certain devs need power to sufficiently do what they want to do with thier games?

E.G. Good luck getting RDR2 or GTA6 to run on a Switch, let alone at 20 FPS.

That question felt a bit out of time as well. Bringing up Ryse and Order years later when a game like Horizon just came out which is both a graphical monster and did extremely well critically and commercially.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks, I'm getting pretty psyched about the Nintendo podcast now. The plans sound really exciting. Especially love the idea of having guests on sometimes. Not sure if you ever hosted something but seeing anyone of the allies challenge themselves and grow their skillset is pretty cool too! When you have a guest on will it be the guest exclusively or depending if it makes sense could also another Ally sit in with the guest?
Oh yeah also echoing the sentiment of getting Tim on there if it's possible some day.

Thanks for dropping in and informing us.
100k subs
40k funding
1 year in the books

Good job EZA :)
Nice congrats everyone, I know there's an impatience here present to see EZA fly towards new heights but wanna take the moment and sincerely congratulate EZA for making amazing and uplifting content that made me smile a ton of times the last year. Also wanna thank this community for being largely chill despite disagreements being generally full of reasonable people cause I've been part of other communities that just seem to be more hateful, spiteful and at times made me question how people can be this way. Hope we can stay nice, respecting of each other as we grow even more. And also shoutout of course to the many talented people that enriched EZA with their art the little probs for each of the different shows and what not.
L&R everyone.

Servbot24

Banned
Ignorance is bliss! At most I notice the frame drops and just think "haha, alright". Life would be hard if it was something that really annoyed me, especially if like smooth 30 stuck out to me vs 60.

Yeah I'll notice if it gets real bad like in Blighttown, but even then it doesn't really matter, I can easily complete the stage and my mind is completely focused on level design and gameplay tactics and so on.

Ultimadrago

I'll say the Nintendo podcast would be initially involve Kyle giving me advice/guidance on the format/setup, and then I would take it from there. So it will be structured. I also want to really aim to do alternate guest lineups in terms of First episode of the month, EZA crew, 2nd episode of the month, Special Guests (non-EZA). And topics can be news if there is big news that isn't caught in time for the EZA Podcast, but also more evergreen (as some of you put it) topics like why did the N64 Fail, Best GCN game discussion, etc, etc. Maybe even bring in non-Nintendo guests for topics like Sega vs Nintendo days or something along that lines. And just as with Zelda Talk, I am also considering turning it over to Patrons to make suggestions/vote on topics when they're not timely/news focused to see what you all maybe want us to talk about since it's possible I might not be aware of a topic you really want me to address. And just like topic suggestions for Nintendo, if you have guest suggestions (that aren't outrageous - sorry we don't have that much clout) I will gladly try to make those happen.

I like the idea of Kyle helping out with the launching format. I'm sure you'll pick up some really useful tips there going forward. And whether you do Patreon voting for topics or whatnot, I think that would be a good idea. Community engagement can be powerful.

Looking forward to seeing how it starts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom