• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

Have to catch up to DnD last three eps, but just saw this under ep 70

NOTE: Because it has become integral to the plot, I will now post summaries of patron DnD sessions on Patreon after they happen. Patron DnD takes place within the same world as this campaign. -Ben
Is this new/or has it been mentioned already. Seems... weird, but I will wait for what the summaries actually look like.

Hasney

Ben did say in the original pitch that the Patron campaign would tie into their events. One of them was even released publically but I guess whoever is in the game now does't want it getting filmed, or it doesn't work well or whatever.

Karu

Ben did say in the original pitch that the Patron campaign would tie into their events. One of them was even released publically but I guess whoever is in the game now does't want it getting filmed, or it doesn't work well or whatever.
Oh yeah sure, if it is done in a cool way more power to them/Ben/whoever. Just curious about the execution and experience for the "normal" viewer.

This is nitpicky and I know someone brought this up on the recent Cup of Jones but the Allies do send a lot of e-mails through Patreon. While I want to receive them, it'd be really nice if the video and audio-only e-mails could come as one.

Hasney

This is nitpicky and I know someone brought this up on the recent Cup of Jones but the Allies do send a lot of e-mails through Patreon. While I want to receive them, it'd be really nice if the video and audio-only e-mails could come as one.

Because of the way Patreon works, I don't think they can. They can only have one embed per post and they need to embed the audio ones or the RSS doesn't work.

Using Inbox for Google Mail, I just have all Patreon emails bundled so I can click on it and then see the subjects to see if I need to go to patreon.com or not, then hit the tick button to archive them all.

sora87

Totally rage quit Sonic Mania just now, i was clearly better at these games when i was younger lol. I agree with Ben's review loads as well, shame i won't see past this annoying af
metal sonic
boss.

Hasney

Totally didn't just finish one shotting Metal Sonic earlier. Was just annoying bouncing those grey little bastards on him so it took some time.

sora87

Yah tryna spin dash them up into metal sonic, just frustrating me loads haha. It's just gonna get harder from here too ¬.¬

ShadyK54

Oh yeah sure, if it is done in a cool way more power to them/Ben/whoever. Just curious about the execution and experience for the "normal" viewer.

I imagine the summaries will be a part of the Patreon post/YouTube descriptions. Ben mentions the recording of the Patron sessions is a bit weird technically.

El-Suave

The L&R question about modifications to CoD and Wolfentein marketing seems pretty narrow minded and American exceptionalist to me. America is not the only country in the world and they've been selling WW2 games for decades all over the world including here in Germany and Israel, where the whole Nazism issue is a little bit more delicate than it usually is for Americans. It has always been largely the same marketing plans except for Nazi symbols which are illegal here. That might also be the reason why they're missing in multiplayer.

Karu

Caught up with the last three Escapades episodes. I was never the biggest fan of combat scenarios and always prefered the town shenanigans, but man... this warlock fight overall probably ranks in the Top-moments of the show for me. This probably has something to do with this being close to the endgame of this arc, but it just felt right (and not particularly weird opposed to what the panel said. There were some difficulties on certain rulings etc., but nothing really distracting, especially for someone who doesn't know D&D rules anyway).

And then of course the major twist at the end, which was handled very well and also answered my major question earlier about the side group - I think that's a great implementation and can't wait to read the summary (I totally was that derp at the Comic Con panel Kyle was impersonating lol).

wmlk

Kyle's stance that Sonic on Switch might be a compromise is blowing my mind right now. What in the world. When has modern Sonic ever pushed any boundary?

"The second you got a branching path you've broken the Switch"

Please be a bit.

Servbot24

Banned
Kyle's stance that Sonic on Switch might be a compromise is blowing my mind right now. What in the world. When has modern Sonic ever pushed any boundary?

"The second you got a branching path you've broken the Switch"

Please be a bit.

A disgrace to the proud profession of video game journalism.

I'll never forgive him.

Easier for him to do console (PS2 on PS4) than PC.
If he doesn't want to do PC then he should buy the Original Xbox version. It runs on Xbox 360

I mentioned it on twitch but he didn't respond to it.

Edit: I recently joined the D&D Patreon campaign the last month or so
ooooooooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

HeavenlyE

Do you have a link to the patron campaign video? I'm interested in seeing how it is

Easier for him to do console (PS2 on PS4) than PC.

it's easier to fetch that version, sure, but it's really a compromised port. I guess it was common knowledge to avoid the botched PS2 version.
I'm sure his PC could easily handle running the game and streaming at the same time. If he sticks to the game it should play it on PC offscreen until he left and continue from there.

Also, I generally don't mind kyle being snarky and stubborn about a game beloved by many, but he really went in with a negative attitude on this one and it was not that endearing in the end. I guess it's not mandatory to like Psychonauts and everybody is allowed to have a bad day...

ShadyK54

it's easier to fetch that version, sure, but it's really a compromised port. I guess it was common knowledge to avoid the botched PS2 version.
I'm sure his PC could easily handle running the game and streaming at the same time. If he sticks to the game it should play it on PC offscreen until he left and continue from there.

Sure, & maybe it just went over his head how compromised the port would be. He did say he was expecting a remaster lol.

Also, he explains he'd rather have two PC's & stream, than go off the one he uses now, so I doubt he picks it up on PC & starts over. But who knows. It's just another Kyleism lol.

Rockk

Just as a headsup to everyone, be careful with sharing the podcast. I saw someone tweet the podcast link to Swery since they talked about The Good Life. It's suppose to be exclusive for another day. Just a heads up, not really a big deal but something to keep in mind.

Auctopus

Just as a headsup to everyone, be careful with sharing the podcast. I saw someone tweet the podcast link to Swery since they talked about The Good Life. It's suppose to be exclusive for another day. Just a heads up, not really a big deal but something to keep in mind.

I've watched it, even with your comment I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about...

It's hardly worth discussing anyway. It'd be like getting a 6 monthly update on Duke Nukem Forverer back in the day at this point :lol

I disagree. While I'm fine with delays, even if they can be disappointing when they hit, this is different because it's in the context of Xbox's first party lineup and Xbox as a whole. I mean seriously, here's their entire 2017 lineup:
Forza Motorsport 7
Halo Wars 2
Super Lucky's Tale
Phantom Dust remaster

That's literally everything. It's easily one of the worst first party lineups I've ever seen in a year. People talk about the PS4 and Wii U's post-launch software droughts but this makes them look like oases in comparison.

Xbox has clearly gone through some pretty significant budget cuts over the last few years and it's really showing now.

Hasney

I disagree. While I'm fine with delays, even if they can be disappointing when they hit, this is different because it's in the context of Xbox's first party lineup and Xbox as a whole. I mean seriously, here's their entire 2017 lineup:
Forza Motorsport 7
Halo Wars 2
Super Lucky's Tale
Phantom Dust remaster

That's literally everything. It's easily one of the worst first party lineups I've ever seen in a year. People talk about the PS4 and Wii U's post-launch software droughts but this makes them look like oases in comparison.

Xbox has clearly gone through some pretty significant budget cuts over the last few years and it's really showing now.

I'm mostly joking, just with the stupid amount of delays it's already had.

UrbanRats

With the recent TTE episode, I realized how little attention I paid to the story. Cause my reaction to the reveal was a giant: who?

Uh.. no that's normal,
the guy was basically never mentioned ever since the first few episodes
, and with how chaotic the party is, i feel for Ben, trying to pull a meaningful plot twist was almost impossible (short of doing a joke one, like
Moof being the Dragon Lord
).

Uh.. no that's normal,
the guy was basically never mentioned ever since the first few episodes
, and with how chaotic the party is, i feel for Ben, trying to pull a meaningful plot twist was almost impossible (short of doing a joke one, like
Moof being the Dragon Lord
).

Ah, I honestly couldn't tell just because of how I usually listen to TTE.

Auctopus

OT is finished.

Post your final OT title suggestions and I'll make sure to pick the one that everyone gets angry at me for picking in OT3 ;)

Currently it's going to be...

Easy Allies |OT3| Hey! That sounds like the Gametrailers guy! (Seeing as that had the most response).

To throw my hat in the ring...

Easy Allies |OT3| Gundams & Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom