• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Appmon 25
4lpPx6S.jpg
Sn7WrO0.jpg
hOCfBom.jpg

The Deep Web is awesome. Globemon is a beast. That was tense. And poor Hajime. I wonder how dark they'll go with this.

Cornbread78

Isekai Smartphone Jesus ep.7
Well, if nothing else, this is the first episode that he didn't pick up another harem member to travel with (yet). The show is still meandering along without a plot, but hey, it looks like he got some inspiration from FF VIII at least.

Well, if nothing else, this is the first episode that he didn't pick up another harem member to travel with (yet). The show is still meandering along without a plot, but hey, it looks like he got some inspiration from FF VIII at least.
I hate the voice actors performance. It sounds like the most basic beta male.

e_i

The new girl talked just like I expect her too. ~ara.

Sterok

Aniplex has a Madoka Grand Order game now......lol.

Everyone wants to get in on the Fate gatcha train.

I tried it out. It's a neat take on FGO and has good production values with Live2D. Gacha rates seem awful, they haven't put in enough characters I care about, and there's a lot of story I can't read, so I dropped it after a few hours. Too bad these are rarely translated, because I could see myself sticking with it if I could follow the story.

On that note, Precure gacha when?

DNAbro

Boruto Episode 21

I forgot most of what occurs in Gaiden so this is nice. Completely forgot Sakura's part in this lmao.

Tonton

How many Madoka characters are there? ... How can the series sustain a gatcha?
Hundreds of common randoms no one will care about and several different versions of the girls like Love Live?

Although I'm not sure if School Idol Festival is a successful gacha

Love Live has at least 18 (9 Muse 9 Aquors) then 3 from A-RISE if they wanted that. Thats like triple what Madoka has got, although they could make 100 billion Homura timeline variants

Taruranto

Girls VA 11-12

This was nice. There was a substantial amount of character grow/development and most of the main cast got a decent amount of screentime.

I'll admit I kinda lost interest in the series toward the end, MAL tells me I haven't watched an episode in at least a month, though I don't think the series had any (major) dips in quality, I just kinda forgot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

The one who made a bunch of random bloggers, who had never heard of Love Live, start campaigning against the game for being sexist, because of a minor sentence no one would see cos barely anyone uses a Normal card on their homescreen, rather than realising KLab is just a really incompetent translator.

Classroom of Edge 7

Did we really fucking need a fan service male gaze pool episode?

This ruined it for me more than it normally does since the enjoyment is about how fucking try-hard it is.

Qurupeke

Shin Godzilla

- The soundtrack was really, really good! A lot of Evangelion vibes too.
- I can't believe there are people who disliked Godzilla's design in this film. The dorsal fins and the splitting jaws were great additions to the classic design. Even the early form with the big eyes looked terrifying, reminded me of moray eels.
- I was afraid the focus on the bureaucracy would make the film somewhat boring, but it was actually interesting. I think I could do with a bit less of it, but it was still fine.
- And well, I enjoyed the Godzilla parts a lot, obviously. Loved the beams.
- Anno's direction was generally good. A lot of interesting choices visually and the movie's important scenes were on spot. I also liked the focus on the aftermath of the rampage.
- The last shot was creepy, and with huge implications.

Hopefully Urobuchi's Godzilla will be half as good as this.

Kenstar

Whats that upcoming anime based on the manga where that girl gets into shenanigans going to school every day and that's the whole plot

Quasar

Well I found it interesting in the potential setting breaking of introducing magical firearms into the setting.

Cornbread78

Elite Classroom ep.7
Why was there an OVA in the middle of the season? I want my edgelord MC shit back.... I'm guess they are going to ise Horikta's little speach as a launch pad to future plot, but this was a bad way to do so...

Well I found it interesting in the potential setting breaking of introducing magical firearms into the setting.

True enough, but it was just Squall's gunblade reimagined...

Guru Guru - 01-02

For the most part, not my kind of humor. Laughed twice or so but that's unimpressive in 40mins of a never-ending barrage of jokes.

John Blade

Abenobashi Magical Shopping ep.5

Stupid fun show continues to be stupid fun.. Poor kid has bad luck and just keeps getting beaten...

Glad you like the show. love the show when I watch it for the 1st time but near the end, it change the tone a bit which can go both way depend on your mood. I do hope you will like it still.

Sakurada Reset 21

I've been rooting against Kei this whole time but I know he's somehow going to bullshit his way to stopping the other side because he has such powerful people on his side combined with his ability to never forget.

Elite Classroom 07

The dudes are so fucking over the top with trying to spy on the girls in this episode I can't hate it at all.

Classroom of the Elite, Episode 7 - So we're now 7 episodes into this 12 episode series, and the plot really isn't moving forward much. This is definitely one of those type of Light Novel Adaptations that introduces a mess of plot points and characters and it doesn't plan to offer any real resolution towards because "read the fucking Light Novel if you want to know more."

Cornbread78

The Sumire Soma reveal though !!!!1
Sakurada Reset 21

I've been rooting against Kei this whole time but I know he's somehow going to bullshit his way to stopping the other side because he has such powerful people on his side combined with his ability to never forget.

I have no idea how they are going to end this whole thing and if Kei wins, how he does it with Soma getting away..

Abenobashi Magic ep.6
Oh man, that Sasshi reveal at the end made me kinda sad. After everything that's happened, he just wants to keep his
girl close to him...
sorry lil' dude..

ibyea

Banned
Charcoal Feather Federation: 7-13
Easily Yoshitoshi Abe's most comprehensible story, while at the same time ironically enough the most mysterious one. It is also the one with the lightest touch, while at the same time the one that made me feel the most. It was a great story of personal growth, and the setting created for the story is great. If there is one thing that bothers me is the depiction of suicide as sinful, to the point where they arrive to the afterlife already marked. I just have the perspective that most suicide is a mental health thing, and a failure of society in terms of taking care of our fellow humans.

I've been watching One Million Yen Women on Netflix. I heard of harem anime before and I feel like this what one would feel like. It's live-action. I'm kind of hooked to it. There's a mystery element to this and I have to see through to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom