• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB 2: New Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Trailer | Main site open

DaBoss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FJEyj6ctTQ

Main site is now open: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/

Details for Diancie distribution in Pokémon X/Y will come soon as well. Mega stone for Diancie is in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Note: Every other country other than Canada has a specific release date on the official site.

Canada: November 2014
US: November 21st
EU: November 28th
Australia/New Zealand: November 21st

EDIT: One of the images was changed because it confirmed secret bases returning.
pur3OKQ.jpg

Look at the black indent near the top-right.

-Horizon-

Where did I put that mayo all over my face gif?

Really, only excited at the beginning with them showing more of the environment.

The E3 trailer during the direct perfectly captured my childhood experience with Pokémon Ruby. Hoenn still remains my favorite region just because of how varied it is with its environments.

Cannot wait to get my hands on this.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Really looking forward to this. All aboard the hype plane!

Bp5dh4JCEAA-6E4.jpg

spiritfox

Just quoting what I wrote in the other thread:

Oh Diancie distro with XY! And looks like the grunts don't get the 3D entrance treatment this time.

Pics_nao

Oh god. They really aren't going the route of Emerald and having you face only one team in either game. Game Freak please.

JoeM86

As is Europe. It can't be a coincidence.

In the press releases I've got, they have rather emphasised the date as being for the US

Tuesdays:
E3 has begun and The Pokémon Company International just announced that Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, which both take place in the beautiful Hoenn region, are launching in the United States on November 21, 2014.

Wednesdays:
Sableye is a Pokémon that was first discovered in the Hoenn region, which is now confirmed as the location for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, both launching for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in the United States on November 21, 2014.

Todays:
The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced more details today about the new Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games, launching in the United States November 21, 2014, for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

x-drake

Neo Member
Originally had Saphire, now I might go Ruby. Or double dip.

To bad I stopped playing X, it was getting good.

JoeM86

There is one press release from Nintendo that says North America, though. So I originally just ignored it, but the fact the official site lists Canada as "November 2014" only, as opposed to the specific dates in every other region makes me raise an eyebrow considerably.

one_kill

Going to get Alpha Sapphire because assault vest Kyogre is a beast!

I wanted to get Omega Ruby though because I liked the enemy designs more, but whatever! Pirates are cool too I guess :D

gosox333

Doesn't the 21st fall right before Black Friday in America? That's kind of big when making business decisions.

I feel like if not for that the US would've been pushed back like everybody else that wasn't Japan.

EDIT: Waaaaiiiit the 28th IS Black Friday. Definitely makes more sense to release it ahead of that, a huge release on Black Friday would be an absolute nightmare.

Graphics are still completely unimpressive and seem barely improved upon X/Y. I hope these two games run at a stable framerate this time, if not that's kinda inexcusable.

JoeM86

Graphics are still completely unimpressive and seem barely improved upon X/Y. I hope these two games run at a stable framerate this time, if not that's kinda inexcusable.

Well they run the same engine as X & Y and it has been a year. They weren't suddenly going to be amazingly better

Canada: November 2014
US: November 21st
EU: November 28th
Australia/New Zealand: November 21st
I'm not sure how to feel. Australia deserves some slack as they are usually a month later for most B-tier Nintendo stuff but a week later for Europe seems odd. It makes me wonder if all languages are included this time.

Plus a big European Pokemon fan can't exactly change their 3DS profile to Australia and pay through the nose as they will have Pokemon Bank and thus NNID, preventing this.

Top Bottom