• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run available on Android right now

Dylan

I just found my old New Super Mario Bros. DS cartridge and played through a whole bunch of it.

You know what, that game ain't bad at all!

For some reason I have no desire to even download Super Mario Run though.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Just got the Google Play notification. Played through the first for levels and linked My Nintendo. Works well and without a flaw on my OnePlus X.

Not gonna pay 9.99€ for 20 levels though. For that price, the value doesn't seem to be quite there based on what I played here. Better wait for the next Switch 2D Mario.

I think this is quite cheap for the value it offers... I think mobile is skewing our perception of gaming value for the worse :/...

psyfi

Banned
it feels weird to be out here impressing toads and building a kingdom while peach is still held prisoner

Also I have too many bad memories associated with the NSMB art style, it makes me like this game less.

Seik

Banned
I thought it was 10$ but my shitty Canadian currency puts it higher. :(

Will think about it, I'm playing FE Heroes lately anyways, maybe in a dull moment.

Dinjoralo

Nope, never mind. Closed the game and now it's having some error code in going to guess is bullshit. At least those guys that made Deus Ex: The Fall had the balls to say that root/jailbreak users could go fuck themselves.

Oreoleo

It should be compatible with the G3. Did you root your device? That might be why.

I mean, I tried once but messed it up so never bothered again. I was able to download and play Pokemon Shuffle that had similar anti-root protection, but on the Google Play store via my desktop it doesn't even give me the option to download it.

Can't even find the app in the store using my phone. Clicking the link in the 2nd post brings up the app store, "Item not found." This is super lame.

I requested the Play Store send me a notification when it was available. I see that it is as useful as Amazon's "email when more is in stock" button.

Will download and play, I had money saved up from surveys so I should afford the cost!!

ckaneo

I don't think the price is that high, we've just been accustomed to a garbage pricing structure on mobile that honestly needs to stop.

I mean I'm still not gonna buy it, so perhaps I'm the problem.

G-Bus

Banned
Sooo... Do I only get to play world 1 before I have to pay? Little confused.

Says I can play 1-4 just need a certain amount of purple coins or Toads.

Its a fun game for what it is. Not sure if its worth $10. Stupidly blew all my google rewards money on Kingdom Rush games. Shouldn't say stupidly because I really enjoy them.

medze

Had every intention of spending $10 in Google survey money but after playing the first few levels, I think I'll use that money elsewhere. This game just isn't that much fun. I enjoyed the Rayman autorunners a lot more.

Kthulhu

Enjoying it so far. $10 is a bit much for what it is IMO, but I'd rather support an overpriced good mobile game than a F2P crap one.

Shiggy

Not eligible with my 2015 OnePlus X :/

Not a phone issue. Worked for me.

I think this is quite cheap for the value it offers... I think mobile is skewing our perception of gaming value for the worse :/...

Not really. Even on 3DS there are games offering quite a bit more at a similar price. But you're right, But for a mobile game, the price is just even worse. A game like Rayman with 70 levels is available for 3 Euros (and played better imo, which can't be said for the console Rayman games),

correojon

It's relatively short. After that just some building tutorial. Then you can go on to play 3 more levels before you're asked to pay.

The price is relatively high for what you're getting.

I enjoyed a lot the Rayman mobile games and this seems to be quite similar from what I´ve played, so I bought it instantly. Going after all the colored coins and the Toad Races should provide some life to it, but I can see many people not liking that.

BTW, playing on Galaxy S4 smoothly.

Played the free levels on the way to work. I don't feel it. I liked the Rayman games much more than this.

Rayman is more fun to just cruise through the levels. But this has more depth in the gameplay. And the challenge is finding the hidden coins and perfecting the moves to get style points. I can see that some people might not get the appeal immediately.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Rayman is more fun to just cruise through the levels. But this has more depth in the gameplay. And the challenge is finding the hidden coins and perfecting the moves to get style points. I can see that some people might not get the appeal immediately.

I rather play the hundred 2d platformers I have on Wii U for deep experiences. I'm gaming on my phone just to pass the time to and from work. I didn't feel this to be fun enough for that. The challenge itself doesn't work as a substitute for fun for me. But I know it does for some, just reading through the proposals for the hard mode for BotW.

And Rayman also provides quite a bit of a challenge to collect everything in some levels.

Showing as £9.99 for me, thought this was £7.99 on Ios when it was released? Damn you brexit!

joker_sendingamessage.gif

MTC100

Banned
Tried it, it's pretty neat, don't think I'll buy it though. Plays perfectly fine and fluid without any framedrops in 1080p on my Note III. Having 1080p as a resolution helps I guess :)

Top Bottom