• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

GMG why you no let me log in anymore...

My password seems to never work anymore. Tried resetting it and it still will not log in. Why won't you take my money!

Guess it is time to email them

Card Boy

Banned
Looks like people are having problems trying to purchase stuff from GMG.

STPUW.png

People on the forums are reporting the same thing. I can't pre-purchase Lord of the Rings and can't redeem my Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes pre-order DLC.

What a pain in the ass. I was trying to use the code for pre-ordering Renegade Ops. The code worked and got the price to $10 which is great, but they're still having checkout problems. Both paypal and direct payments don't seem to be working.

Bruiserk

Gez said:
Send support an email. They might not get back to you for a day or two cause they don't work on weekends.

Thank you kind sir, I have done just that. Has anybody else had luck with pre-ordering AC: Revelations?

wilflare

Bruiserk said:
Thank you kind sir, I have done just that. Has anybody else had luck with pre-ordering AC: Revelations?

I read that GMG does not have the license to sell Ubisoft games in NA (not sure if that blankly covers Canada too)

Bruiserk

wilflare said:
I read that GMG does not have the license to sell Ubisoft games in NA (not sure if that blankly covers Canada too)

Thanks, I just updated my question with their customer service asking if this could be the problem. I was unaware of this.

Derrick01

Banned
just saw this post on facebook about an hour ago

"Just as I was knocking off for the day one of the higher-ups informed me something very mysterious will happen tomorrow. And it'll be BIG! /James"

Any ideas? A bethesda deal finalized? The start of the EA games appearing?

Derrick01 said:
just saw this post on facebook about an hour ago

Any ideas? A bethesda deal finalized? The start of the EA games appearing?
They've been hinting at EA for a while now so I'm going with that. Hope it's EA...still haven't ordered BF3 as I'm waiting for GMG

Ledsen

Heavy said:
They've been hinting at EA for a while now so I'm going with that. Hope it's EA...still haven't ordered BF3 as I'm waiting for GMG

They already confirmed EA, this has to be something else.

Mrbob

So I decided I wanted to cancel my Batman pre order, and GMG tells me they'll only issue me a credit for the game and not a refund. Game isn't even out yet, not cool.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
When do these guys usually send out keys? Game of Thrones was supposed to come out today, but I still don't have my key. Their store has updated to say it's released, but no key yet.

I understand it's like 6 a.m. in the UK, so I don't mind, but does anyone know if they have a set time like 10 a.m. BST or something?

Card Boy

Banned
Zefah said:
When do these guys usually send out keys? Game of Thrones was supposed to come out today, but I still don't have my key. Their store has updated to say it's released, but no key yet.

I understand it's like 6 a.m. in the UK, so I don't mind, but does anyone know if they have a set time like 10 a.m. BST or something?

From Facebook

qKEUS.png

Thats not me by the way before anyone goes detective Gaf.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Gez said:
From Facebook

qKEUS.png

Thats not me by the way before anyone goes detective Gaf.

Nice! So three hours or so, I suppose?

Mrbob said:
So I decided I wanted to cancel my Batman pre order, and GMG tells me they'll only issue me a credit for the game and not a refund. Game isn't even out yet, not cool.

That's odd, they gave me a full refund

Mrbob

Yeah I'm not too happy about this, and a reason why I hesitate to pre order from digital sites. They'll take my money up front when I pre order, but won't give me my money back if I decide to cancel. It would be one thing if I actually had the game, but I don't.

I'm not in any dire need of having the money back versus credit, but it is the principal of the matter. This will determine how much future business I do with GMG.

Mrbob

Update. I asked again about why I couldn't get a refund and this is the response I got:

It's due to the length of time involved. If you'd contacted us sooner, we would have been able to authorise a refund. I can only remove the preorder from your account at this stage and issue you with a full store credit up to the value of the original order.

I feel like I'm being trolled right now. Length of time? Game isn't even out. I'll take the credit but this is so dumb. I'm done fighting this. Lesson learned.

Mrbob said:
Update. I asked again about why I couldn't get a refund and this is the response I got:

I feel like I'm being trolled right now. Length of time? Game isn't even out. I'll take the credit but this is so dumb. I'm done fighting this. Lesson learned.
Yeah, that's ridiculous. The game isn't even out and won't be till November.

Akkad

Banned
Mrbob said:
Yeah I'm not too happy about this, and a reason why I hesitate to pre order from digital sites. They'll take my money up front when I pre order, but won't give me my money back if I decide to cancel. It would be one thing if I actually had the game, but I don't.

I'm not in any dire need of having the money back versus credit, but it is the principal of the matter. This will determine how much future business I do with GMG.

That's weird, I got a refund for Renegade Ops when I asked for one, so did somebody else on here.

New voucher soon. From their Twitter

Our biggest EVER voucher for 25% off ALL PC games in ALL countries starts shortly! RT for love <3 /Rob

Some guy also asked if they were going to add new games soon, and they are promising LOTS of them, including a bunch of EA games.

EDIT: They also said that it can be used as many times as you want!

Mrbob

For future reference, this is what I got as response in terms of canceling a preorder for refund. You only get 48 hours if you are outside of EU. Up to two weeks if you are in the EU:

Ideally if you can contact us within 48 hours to cancel, that's fine. We will consider refund requests up to two weeks after the sale if you're in the EU. I've removed the game from your account and placed a full store credit :)

I'll give GMG props for this. I had used a 20 percent off coupon for Batman and they gave me full store credit back.

The voucher is SUMME-RBLOW-OUT25, 24 hours only, you can use it as many times as you want.

Too bad they don't sell The Binding of Isaac :(

coopolon

Mrbob said:
For future reference, this is what I got as response in terms of canceling a preorder for refund. You only get 48 hours if you are outside of EU. Up to two weeks if you are in the EU:

Ideally if you can contact us within 48 hours to cancel, that's fine. We will consider refund requests up to two weeks after the sale if you're in the EU. I've removed the game from your account and placed a full store credit :)

I'll give GMG props for this. I had used a 20 percent off coupon for Batman and they gave me full store credit back.

I am a bit confused. I pre-ordered Renegade Ops months ago and cancelled it earlier this week. I paid for it (20% off $15 for $12 I think) with $5 store credit and $7 from PayPal.

The response I received said...
Hi there

We've refunded you for this order with our apologies,

Refunds should take up to 5 business days to clear in your account, although it's usually quicker.

I now have $7.54 in store credit and still nothing back to my paypal but it's only been 2 business days. But reading your story I'm wondering if anything is actually going to go back to my paypal.

Akkad

Banned
coopolon said:
I am a bit confused. I pre-ordered Renegade Ops months ago and cancelled it earlier this week. I paid for it (20% off $15 for $12 I think) with $5 store credit and $7 from PayPal.

The response I received said...

I now have $7.54 in store credit and still nothing back to my paypal but it's only been 2 business days. But reading your story I'm wondering if anything is actually going to go back to my paypal.

I just checked my Paypal and the money is there, I got the email om Monday BTW.

coopolon

Akkad said:
I just checked my Paypal and the money is there, I got the email om Monday BTW.

Weird that mrbob is having so much trouble then. It is cool that it at least appears they're actually refunding me for the entire price of the game instead of what I actually paid if they send $7 backt o paypal and gave me $7 store credit.

Akkad

Banned
coopolon said:
Weird that mrbob is having so much trouble then. It is cool that it at least appears they're actually refunding me for the entire price of the game instead of what I actually paid if they send $7 backt o paypal and gave me $7 store credit.

I had $5.00 is store credit already and that Monday it went up to $7.54 just like yours, I don't know what that $2.54 was for but I'll take it. Also, isn't Mrbob from the UK? I'm from the US so maybe they have different way of dealing with refunds based on region.

Fare Godmace said:
The voucher is SUMME-RBLOW-OUT25, 24 hours only, you can use it as many times as you want.

24 hours?! Crap...I'm gonna wait till there's a couple hours left in case they add EA/Bethesda games.

Derrick01

Banned
Fare Godmace said:

What am I supposed to do with this when they still don't have Zenimax games and EA games up?

Top Bottom