• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII (PC/PS4/XB1, Nov 3) Info: Campaign, Zombies, MP, Trailer, More

PS4 pro vs scorpio is iiterally going to be xbone vs ps4 in power parity. The latter for both are roughly 1.5x more powerful than the former. I wonder if the scorpio will beat out the Pro for leading platform

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
PS4 pro vs scorpio is iiterally going to be xbone vs ps4 in power parity. The latter for both are roughly 1.5x more powerful than the former. I wonder if the scorpio will beat out the Pro for leading platform
Might be more a case of native 4K with some better textures / effects vs checkerboard.

No biggie really I mean infinite warfare looked amazing on the pro. That said though, would love to see it on the Scorpio!

kuYuri

CoD doesn't normally have a solid 60 FPS at all, especially so in multiplayer.

I thought AW and BO3 were pretty well locked at 60. Ghosts... no, not at all.

I don't know what version y'all played, but framerate is pretty rock solid on last-gen versions and XB1. Of course if you pull off tons of explosions and other alpha effects, it can drop, but that's rare and can happen with any game.

Only versions that could exhibit persistent issues were PS4 (and Wii U) since those versions were not well optimized considering IW had very little time spent on PS4 and to XB1 dev kits. Wii U version was done by Treyarch, so that's on them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1H06lzO7bI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAfQKYsW_mA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRoApJPchtY

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Hopefully after E3, developers will be a lot more transparent when it comes to talking about the specs of their games on either the Microsoft Xbox Scorpio or the Sony PlayStation 4 Pro.

I don't have a PlayStation 4 Pro, or obviously a Scorpio yet - but I don't want to buy both and I only want the console that's going to give me the best possible "definitive version" of the multi-platform titles I'm eager to play.

Obviously Call of Duty: WWII is a game that I'm extremely excited about and I want to know that when I buy it, that I'm playing the version that looks, sounds and runs the best.

The post was completely serious.

I know the specs of the Scorpio - my issue is that the base PS4 game is going to be better than the base Xbox One game, so unless the team at Sledgehammer Games puts forth a lot of effort to make a 4K Scorpio version that has a lot of advantages over the PS4 Pro version - the PS4 Pro version is going to be the definitive console version of the game.

Well there really only one option.
The PC version will undoubtedly be superior.

But between Scorp and Pro, the Scorp is gonna be king shit.
The devs would have to be lazy as shit to not atleast put a Native 4K res-boost, dont think assets will be vastly different.

And didnt MS say they are looking at pretty much every XB1 game to ensure boosts for Scorpio users.

So with games coming out close to or righ after launch i dont see them NOT giving Scorpio users a decent boost.

On Topic

Weird that i actually want to get this game, last COD i owned was Advanced Warfare(sold it after disappointment in XB1 MP).
Gave up on COD pretty much then.
But this looks pretty good so far.

Watching The Pacific makes me sad the pacific front won't be in the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the DLCs in the season pass had some pacific theater stuff,

It might be just maps/weapons/faction (Japanese).

That said I agree on the SP front, there is a lot you can do in terms of SP in the pacific.

Kalentan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiS58mrKUcQ

Prestige Is Key released a video talking about something that others noticed. I surely hadn't but it's interesting.

The discovery being that there might be some sort very light 'exo-dash' in the game. Cause when you watch the off-screen gameplay, the player does seemingly 'dash' to the right. You see the gun lower just a little bit when he does it. While it's not as strong as Exo-dash. It's possible we might be able to make small dashes to the left and right.

Now as he says it may be nothing. Some think it may be a crouch to stand but to me it doesn't look like that. Personally I'm fine with it if that is what they add. Sort of like having your character side step quickly into cover. So it won't be viable to dodge gun fire but to hopefully get that one extra step into cover. Which considering there is no health regen in the SP, could mean the difference between life and death.

Loxley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiS58mrKUcQ

Prestige Is Key released a video talking about something that others noticed. I surely hadn't but it's interesting.

The discovery being that there might be some sort very light 'exo-dash' in the game. Cause when you watch the off-screen gameplay, the player does seemingly 'dash' to the right. You see the gun lower just a little bit when he does it. While it's not as strong as Exo-dash. It's possible we might be able to make small dashes to the left and right.

Now as he says it may be nothing. Some think it may be a crouch to stand but to me it doesn't look like that. Personally I'm fine with it if that is what they add. Sort of like having your character side step quickly into cover. So it won't be viable to dodge gun fire but to hopefully get that one extra step into cover. Which considering there is no health regen in the SP, could mean the difference between life and death.

To me it looks like he just crouched while moving to the right, and then stood back up in quick succession.

I hope the Omaha Beach mission is good - like really, really good and very lengthy, with lots to do after the machine gun nests and bunkers are cleared out [similar to the Point Du Hoc assault in COD2, where you had to sweep the town directly behind it and hold the road].

Matheulbeuk

Neo Member

Clearly , the Chant des Partisans . It's was written in 1943,in London,by some member of the french free fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjyNmllUA0U

They probably don't want it to seem too much like the last WWII Call of Duty, World at War, which focused on the Pacific and Eastern fronts

While both fronts/theaters were crucial, unfortunately for most, the Pacific Theater just doesn't hold the same kind of intrigue as the European Front. Both were important, but if you really look at the history and compulsion of them both, the European Front was far more important because it dealt with directly decimating the greater evil - Hitler and his Nazi regime.

The horrific atrocities wrought by Hitler's regime are woefully legendary. The Holocaust was an attempt at a genocide of a portion of the human race - not to mention his forceful invasion of cities, towns and lands - it was total evil and thankfully the Allies were total good.

The Pacific Theater is inspiring and every bit as dangerous as the European Campaign; but there's just something more mysterious and awe-inspiring about going after the greater evil, the "master of puppets", so to speak.

There was far less OSS involvement within the Pacific Theater - it wasn't as much cloak-and-dagger as it was simply decoding transmissions and most of that was handled by the Windtalkers. If you look at the European Theater, there was so much going on - it was like an early James Bond film with a global battle at stake.

This is the first Call of Duty game I've been interested in since 2007. Not sure I'll end up purchasing, but I'm certainly intrigued.

My dream follow-up to this game would be an entire campaign focused on a single Red Army soldier during the war.

This is the first Call of Duty game I've been interested in since 2007. Not sure I'll end up purchasing, but I'm certainly intrigued.

My dream follow-up to this game would be an entire campaign focused on a single Red Army soldier during the war.

Have you seen "Enemy At The Gates"?

200w_s.gif

One of my favorite parts of the original Call of Duty was the Volga River crossing, which the opening scene of "Enemy At The Gates" was based on.

World War II in interactive entertainment may be a tapped keg, but I'll always drink out of that keg :)

DaciaJC

Gold Member
The horrific atrocities wrought by Hitler's regime are woefully legendary. The Holocaust was an attempt at a genocide of a portion of the human race - not to mention his forceful invasion of cities, towns and lands - it was total evil and thankfully the Allies were total good.

If you're including the Soviet Union among the Allies - ehhhh ....

Even the other Allies had some questionable policies, such as the United States and the forceful internment of Japanese-Americans.

I had a feeling it was by Whiteboy7thst, that guy is total trash.

Normally I don't watch that stuff for CODs but YouTube was recommending it on literally everything I was watching,
Finally click to see and im immediately facepalming.

I'd have just ignored it as well but dude has 2 million subscribers.

Ugh, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_pb_j1Hq64
Dude and the comments make me sick

Won't someone think of the COD MP immersion!

Women in MP is fine - everybody wins.

Adding women into the SP campaign where there were not any [*historically* based on the 1st Infantry Division's actual progression/journey] simply for the sake of inclusion is not historically accurate, which is something Sledgehammer Games has said they are vehemently striving for.

I'm totally down for it in MP, however.

Do we know if they are adding women to both SP and MP or just MP?

Kalentan

They just added the Trencher, a version of the Type-100 to Infinite Warfare. So while now the same, you could play custom match of all Type-100's and M1s.

Women in MP is fine - everybody wins.

Adding women into the SP campaign where there were not any [*historically* based on the 1st Infantry Division's actual progression/journey] simply for the sake of inclusion is not historically accurate, which is something Sledgehammer Games has said they are vehemently striving for.

I'm totally down for it in MP, however.

Do we know if they are adding women to both SP and MP or just MP?

Something like a female french resistances for SP.

If you're including the Soviet Union among the Allies - ehhhh ....

Even the other Allies had some questionable policies, such as the United States and the forceful internment of Japanese-Americans.

Nobody was totally "good" in WWII or almost any war, everyone had their own agenda.

Nobody was totally "good" in WWII or almost any war, everyone had their own agenda.

Winning a war is everyone's agenda that participates in it.

Killing is sadly a part of war - the atrocities that were committed against the Jewish community in WWII are unforgivable and go far beyond the usual horrors of war.

I'm not trying to cause any controversy with this, but I'm a World War II buff and I've been going back through all of my files, historical articles - both on the internet and in books - movies and even documentaries - old & new - and I cannot find a single instance of the 1st Infantry Division ever meeting up with any African-American platoon of soldiers.

Just for reference, here's a quote from historynet.com:

historynet said:
"Of the 909,000 black Americans selected for duty in the Army during World War II, only one black division saw infantry combat in Europe–the 92nd Infantry Division. The vast majority of African Americans in uniform were assigned to segregated construction or supply units or placed in units that performed unpleasant duties such as graves registration. The government’s view was that blacks were not motivated enough or aggressive enough to fight.

While the 92nd was referred to as a black unit, and its enlisted men and most of its junior officers were black, its higher officers were white. The 92nd, which had fought in France during World War I, was once again activated in 1942. Under the command of Maj. Gen. Edward M. Almond, the 92nd began combat training in October 1942 and went into action in Italy in the summer of 1944. The unit continued a long and proud tradition by retaining the buffalo as its divisional symbol. Its circular shoulder patch, which featured a black buffalo on an olive drab background, was called The Buffalo–as was the division’s official publication. The 92nd even kept a live buffalo as a mascot.

Link: http://www.historynet.com/african-a...ision-fought-in-italy-during-world-war-ii.htm

If you read the entire article, there is no evidence that this specific [and the only documented] African-American platoon ever left the Italian Theatre of operations.

There is no evidence that I've come across that suggests or even proves that there was any African-American platoon deployed on the European Front at the same time as the 1st Infantry Division's European campaign.

I remember hearing Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey mentioning during the reveal and in subsequent interviews that there have been new facets of World War II that have been revealed recently that shed some light onto new aspects of WWII history - implying that the 1st Infantry Division came across an African-American platoon of soldiers, as depicted in their forthcoming game - but it's nowhere referenceable on the internet, nor in any books, documentaries or obtainable history that anyone else but Sledgehammer Games has access to, apparently - even recently.

I really hope that they're not just adding this aspect into the Call Of Duty: WWII single player campaign simply for inclusion sake; because I would really like to think that this was an actual, historically accurate occurrence, both due to it sounding awesome and also expanding the narrative of a WWII game above the predetermined norm.

Unless it's some sort of *flashback* from one of the 1st Infantry Division soldiers, reminiscing about their involvement in the initial Italian campaign - where historically this meet-up actually could have taken place - I don't see how this could be realistically included in the European Theater of operations from D-Day onwards, as depicted by the actual, historically accurate journey of the 1st Infantry Division.

Fandango831

Neo Member
I'm not trying to cause any controversy with this, but I'm a World War II buff and I've been going back through all of my files, historical articles - both on the internet and in books - movies and even documentaries - old & new - and I cannot find a single instance of the 1st Infantry Division ever meeting up with any African-American platoon of soldiers.

Just for reference, here's a quote from historynet.com:

Link: http://www.historynet.com/african-a...ision-fought-in-italy-during-world-war-ii.htm

If you read the entire article, there is no evidence that this specific [and the only documented] African-American platoon ever left the Italian Theatre of operations.

There is no evidence that I've come across that suggests or even proves that there was any African-American platoon deployed on the European Front at the same time as the 1st Infantry Division's European campaign.

I remember hearing Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey mentioning during the reveal and in subsequent interviews that there have been new facets of World War II that have been revealed recently that shed some light onto new aspects of WWII history - implying that the 1st Infantry Division came across an African-American platoon of soldiers, as depicted in their forthcoming game - but it's nowhere referenceable on the internet, nor in any books, documentaries or obtainable history that anyone else but Sledgehammer Games has access to, apparently - even recently.

I really hope that they're not just adding this aspect into the Call Of Duty: WWII single player campaign simply for inclusion sake; because I would really like to think that this was an actual, historically accurate occurrence, both due to it sounding awesome and also expanding the narrative of a WWII game above the predetermined norm.

Unless it's some sort of *flashback* from one of the 1st Infantry Division soldiers, reminiscing about their involvement in the initial Italian campaign - where historically this meet-up actually could have taken place - I don't see how this could be realistically included in the European Theater of operations from D-Day onwards, as depicted by the actual, historically accurate journey of the 1st Infantry Division.

They did mention that points in time in the game will take place prior to 1944 as we see more about Daniels. So we could see events from the Italian campaign or earlier. Also totally possible for Sledgehammer to employ creative license and create a story that fits the narrative they wish to make for it's broader audience.

I mean Call of Duty 1/UO/2 aren't 100% historically accurate and neither is WaW. However they both do a good job of conveying aspects of the war that are meant to be meaningful to the players experiencing said events fictionally tailored or not.

They did mention that points in time in the game will take place prior to 1944 as we see more about Daniels. So we could see events from the Italian campaign or earlier. Also totally possible for Sledgehammer to employ creative license and create a story that fits the narrative they wish to make for it's broader audience.

I mean Call of Duty 1/UO/2 aren't 100% historically accurate and neither is WaW. However they both do a good job of conveying aspects of the war that are meant to be meaningful to the players experiencing said events fictionally tailored or not.

The devs have stated they are striving for historical accuracy in their narrative of the 1st Infantry Division, so I'm expecting it to follow a fictional platoon in the 1st Infantry Division as they make the actual historical journey made my the real division. We'll have to see if some of these things are flashbacks or not.

This is interesting:

81aBqeboCeL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1608879348/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Amazon has this description of the item:

Amazon.com said:
Description
Product Description
A wholly immersive in-world take on the blockbuster Call of Duty® series.

Acclaimed for its immersive gameplay and thrilling storylines, Call of Duty® has captivated millions of players worldwide since the release of its first game in 2003. Call of Duty®: Field Manual is an engrossing collector's item for fans of the series. Presented as an official combat-issued handbook that has been misplaced by its owner, the book pairs stunning original illustrations with an engaging narrative that showcases the statistics and history of the essential units, vehicles, weapons, and battlegrounds.

About the Author

Micky Neilson is a two-time New York Times best-selling author whose graphic novels, Ashbringer (#2 on the list) and Pearl of Pandaria (#3) have both been published in six languages. As one of the first writers at Blizzard Entertainment, he has more than two decades of experience in the cutting edge of the gaming industry. He is currently working on a graphic novel, Rook, as well as a number of film projects. In 2016, Riverdale Avenue Press published his memoir Lost and Found: An Autobiography About Discovering Family, available wherever books are sold. He has also self-published his first full-length horror novel, The Turning, and its prequel, Whisper Lake, both available on Amazon. Most recently, Micky was tapped to write the comic book series The Howling: Revenge of the Werewolf Queen, a continuation of the beloved 1981 Joe Dante horror film The Howling.

Edit: Sorry for the double-post :)

So I got my beta code from Amazon. I clicked PlayStation and entered in my code. But it didn't ask my PSN info or anything. It said it went successful... but I didn't enter in my PSN info.

Did something go wrong/will I get the beta still?

kuYuri

So I got my beta code from Amazon. I clicked PlayStation and entered in my code. But it didn't ask my PSN info or anything. It said it went successful... but I didn't enter in my PSN info.

You're fine dude. All that matters is that it knows it has to generate a PSN code down the line when the beta happens, it doesn't need your PSN info for that.

IIRC you should get a email with the beta code when its time.

Most likely, Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield will announce the Beta start date at E3.

You're good :)

Top Bottom