• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII (PC/PS4/XB1, Nov 3) Info: Campaign, Zombies, MP, Trailer, More

Hopefully after E3, developers will be a lot more transparent when it comes to talking about the specs of their games on either the Microsoft Xbox Scorpio or the Sony PlayStation 4 Pro.

I don't have a PlayStation 4 Pro, or obviously a Scorpio yet - but I don't want to buy both and I only want the console that's going to give me the best possible "definitive version" of the multi-platform titles I'm eager to play.

Obviously Call of Duty: WWII is a game that I'm extremely excited about and I want to know that when I buy it, that I'm playing the version that looks, sounds and runs the best.

Kalentan

They could make toggle to disable skins for other players.

That's a good compromise but I doubt the people who want them out want compromises. Even if they toggles them off it would still bother them.

But is what they should do. Considering they want to use Headquarters to let players show off there's bound to be some sick customization options. Otherwise what would you show off? Your Emblem? Banner? Those you see in the standard lobby.

I'm actually somewhat interested in this, having never been for a previous COD game at all. Inclusion of stuff like co-op, zombies, and the 'Headquarters' place sounds very intriguing.

I find it hard to believe that this was greenlit "two and a half years ago" in its form now as we see it, when Advanced Warfare was the first game with boost jumping. They state it a few times, it's as if they're trying to look cool and as if they were ahead of all the impending backlash towards the futuristic games and wanting a return to roots. Or were Activision smart and knew three futuristic games would be enough?
There's no way they had this planned lol. I guarantee they scrapped AW2 and started working on this game maybe a year 1/2 ago after they saw the community really didn't want another game in the future after rumors of Infinite Warfare started coming out lol.

Lucifon

Hopefully after E3, developers will be a lot more transparent when it comes to talking about the specs of their games on either the Microsoft Xbox Scorpio or the Sony PlayStation 4 Pro.

I don't have a PlayStation 4 Pro, or obviously a Scorpio yet - but I don't want to buy both and I only want the console that's going to give me the best possible "definitive version" of the multi-platform titles I'm eager to play.

Obviously Call of Duty: WWII is a game that I'm extremely excited about and I want to know that when I buy it, that I'm playing the version that looks, sounds and runs the best.

If you're concerned about the definitive version then it's obvious just based on pure specs which would deliver that. Developers are likely to continue being as cagey as they have been all gen about the difference between the platforms until post release.

MilkyJoe

There's only one answer there.

KonradLaw

There's no way they had this planned lol. I guarantee they scrapped AW2 and started working on this game maybe a year 1/2 ago after they saw the community really didn't want another game in the future after rumors of Infinite Warfare started coming out lol.

I doubt they were working on AW2. What would be the point? They would still be going backwards compared to Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare. I think they already new WWII would need to return early on, Activision just didn't expect people to burn out on futuristic so quickly, if they would then Infinite Warfare wouldn't happen

I doubt they were working on AW2. What would be the point? They would still be going backwards compared to Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare. I think they already new WWII would need to return early on, Activision just didn't expect people to burn out on futuristic so quickly, if they would then Infinite Warfare wouldn't happen
I still think IW would have happened because Ghosts was the worst selling in recent years and one of the worst received so Infinity Ward went back to the drawing board and decided to go to space in the future, lol.

manfestival

just watched the trailer and I am really disappointed that this isnt a cinematic throwback to the first CoD game. The 3 perspectives on the war was fantastic

Kalentan

Yeah. I think people are too quick want to go: "The community made this happen!!"

WWII was always going to come after Infinite Warfare.

BigEmil

PC version for you then, Pro and Scorpio versions won't be that much different from each other

MechaDekka

Neo Member
So I pre-ordered on Pro for the timed DLC, but I might have to double dip on Scorpio if the visuals are significantly better. Man, the timed exclusivity is dumb.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

Is PC not an option for you? Especially if you're mainly in it for the campaign and don't much care about small playerbase issues in multiplayer.

PC version for you then, Pro and Scorpio versions won't be that much different from each other

mrlnu.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

lol this is a pretty ridiculous post. the scorpio is better than the pro in every way and if you dont know that by now then you are clearly not interested in 'playing the version that looks, sounds and runs the best.'

this sounds like a troll post to me.

Space_nut

lol this is a pretty ridiculous post. the scorpio is better than the pro in every way and if you dont know that by now then you are clearly not interested in 'playing the version that looks, sounds and runs the best.'

Scorpio will be ahead in many ways. Best visuals, best audio with Dolby atmos, XBL features like tournaments, group find, and with a elite controller can't be beat

Daffy Duck

Scorpio will be ahead in many ways. Best visuals, best audio with Dolby atmos, XBL features like tournaments, group find, and with a elite controller can't be beat

This game has been in development for the last 2.5 years! Way before the Pro and Scorpio even came out, the game wont take advantage of anything in these new boxes.

Honestly if you are playing on a 1080p set, so long as both versions stick to a solid 60fps, you aren't going to notice any enhancements from Pro or Scorpio.

BigEmil

Visuals won't top PC version guarantee that it will always be ahead. Also visuals won't be that different from Scorpio and Pro either except maybe resolution and some slight higher settings like shadows etc nothing major and not too noticeable.

Audio we don't even know if this game will support Dolby Atmos on Scorpio so that's speculation

Tournaments same thing as communities in PS4, Group Find same thing again nothing special there kinda reaching

Elite controllers that breaks for alot of people for a expensive overpriced controller not many people will own isn't that big of a deal either and there's equivalent controllers available for PS4 aswell if you need

Let's not forget the majority of the playerbase for this game will be on PS4 too not just with the larger console userbase but also partnership with Cod and Activision.

Same goes for Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2.

SlimySnake

lol you do realize how cringeworthy this comes across. but yes, it will have the best visuals.
This game has been in development for the last 2.5 years! Way before the Pro and Scorpio even came out, the game wont take advantage of anything in these new boxes.
EDIT: FFS it was a joke post. kill me.
What? TLG and FFXV were in development for 10 years before the Pro was announced and came out with 4k HDR support within a month of Pro's launch. That is the extent of Pro or Scorpio support we will see for the rest of this gen. Especially for third party games.

Aside from the 4k resolution (checkerboard or native), you will get a silky smooth framerate if Infinity Warfare, Titanfall and BF1 Pro versions are anything to go by. BF1 wasnt a locked 60 fps like TF2, IW but had a good 20 fps improvement over the OG PS4. Scorpio should be even better.

Since the Scorpio has lots more power in the GPU, you will see better AA, AF and AO along with other post processing effects compared to the Pro versions.

Now will the Scorpio and Pro versions have volumetric clouds, global illumination and destructible environments the OG versions dont support? of course not. You are basically getting the same game but with better resolution and framerate. And since the Scorpio is better than the Pro in nearly every way, it will have better resolution, framerate and even other features you usually find in ultra pc settings.

lol you do realize how cringeworthy this comes across. but yes, it will have the best visuals.

EDIT: FFS it was a joke post. kill me.
What? TLG and FFXV were in development for 10 years before the Pro was announced and came out with 4k HDR support within a month of Pro's launch. That is the extent of Pro or Scorpio support we will see for the rest of this gen. Especially for third party games.

Aside from the 4k resolution (checkerboard or native), you will get a silky smooth framerate if Infinity Warfare, Titanfall and BF1 Pro versions are anything to go by. BF1 wasnt a locked 60 fps like TF2, IW but had a good 20 fps improvement over the OG PS4. Scorpio should be even better.

Since the Scorpio has lots more power in the GPU, you will see better AA, AF and AO along with other post processing effects compared to the Pro versions.

Now will the Scorpio and Pro versions have volumetric clouds, global illumination and destructible environments the OG versions dont support? of course not. You are basically getting the same game but with better resolution and framerate. And since the Scorpio is better than the Pro in nearly every way, it will have better resolution, framerate and even other features you usually find in ultra pc settings.
If devs are smart the framerate will be a solid 60fps on both. That's the most important for multiplayer shooters. COD usually has a locked 60fps and Battlefront had a locked 60fps, so hopefully we can expect the same this year as well.

Space_nut

Honestly if you are playing on a 1080p set, so long as both versions stick to a solid 60fps, you aren't going to notice any enhancements from Pro or Scorpio.

Unless Scorpio has better AF, more poly models, 4k textures, higher quality effects, and super sampling standard for all games on 1080p sets

Daffy Duck

If devs are smart the framerate will be a solid 60fps on both. That's the most important for multiplayer shooters. COD usually has a locked 60fps and Battlefront had a locked 60fps, so hopefully we can expect the same this year as well.

CoD doesn't normally have a solid 60 FPS at all, especially so in multiplayer.

Unless Scorpio has better AF, more poly models, 4k textures, higher quality effects, and super sampling standard for all games on 1080p sets
Horizon has all of that and I can't see the difference between resolution and performance mode on my 48 inch 1080p set sitting 6+ feet away.

CoD doesn't normally have a solid 60 FPS at all, especially so in multiplayer.
Of the three 7th gen CODs I've played (AW, BO3, and MWR) none have had framerate issues. I think at worst they can drop to between 55 and 60, but you'll never notice that at all.

Daffy Duck

I thought AW and BO3 were pretty well locked at 60. Ghosts... no, not at all.

Of the three 7th gen CODs I've played (AW, BO3, and MWR) none have had framerate issues. I think at worst they can drop to between 55 and 60, but you'll never notice that at all.

Nowhere close. I had horrendous frame rate issues and what not in Black Ops 3 when they started loading in Black market weapons.

AW I don't remember much of, but similar thing when lots of killstreaks and explosions going on, MW:R I've only experienced issues when the chaos gets going in shipment, but they aren't solid and frame drops are irritating when ADSing

Nowhere close. I had horrendous frame rate issues and what not in Black Ops 3 when they started loading in Black market weapons.

AW I don't remember much of, but similar thing when lots of killstreaks and explosions going on, MW:R I've only experienced issues when the chaos gets going in shipment, but they aren't solid and frame drops are irritating when ADSing
Are you playing on a Pro? I actually stopped playing BO3 when they added weapons to supply drops and only played again after I got a Pro and I've been playing AW again on my Pro with Boost Mode on.

The post was completely serious.

I know the specs of the Scorpio - my issue is that the base PS4 game is going to be better than the base Xbox One game, so unless the team at Sledgehammer Games puts forth a lot of effort to make a 4K Scorpio version that has a lot of advantages over the PS4 Pro version - the PS4 Pro version is going to be the definitive console version of the game.

I know the specs of the Scorpio - my issue is that the base PS4 game is going to be better than the base Xbox One game, so unless the team at Sledgehammer Games puts forth a lot of effort to make a 4K Scorpio version that has a lot of advantages over the PS4 Pro version - the PS4 Pro version is going to be the definitive console version of the game.
It'll be interesting to see how this is handled, especially since the series has the marketing deal with Sony. Even if the Scorpio version looks better you'll never see it in official or sponsored media, everyone will get PS4 copies for review and streaming.

if its like other games with PS4 marketing, you prob won't hear about the xbone scorpio version till after release. Maybe some random comments here and there. Of course I could be wrong.

There is a PC version of the game. The PS4 and X1 are essentially PCs. It's not rocket science. They'll lower the max PC visuals to meet the Pro and Scorpio system capabilities, and Scorpio has more horsepower. I think there's zero chance CoD:WWII looks better on Pro.

DOWN

Banned
It really boggles my mind that some people actually think Sledgehammer didn't start working on this until BF1 was revealed. They seriously underestimate how long it takes to develop a AAA game...
Eh, I think the implication I've seen is that Sledgehammer started working on this after we heard the leaks and rumors about BF1 being WW1/WW2. That's plausible as mumblings about BF1 happened long before it's reveal.

Space_nut

Ummmm no?

Lmao saving this for eventual DF faceoff

I really hope they limit the skins in the multiplayer (for players and weapons). Really outlandish or tacky looking skins will look extremely out of place and cheapen the experience. I know Activision loves their supply drops so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that did happen, unfortunately...

I still want my pink tiger skin.

SlimySnake

Ah I see. That's interesting. It's something i brought up in the scorpio reveal threads. Which version will devs pick to upgrade to Scorpio.

I think it will make sense to take X1 version and just have it run on the faster GPU/CPU. But at the same time, the previous CoD games were nearly identical across both platforms save for the differences in resolution. With a 4x increase in GPU power, it will run at at least 1600-1800p with the same visual features as the Pro and OG PS4 version, and they will checkerboard or upscale that to 2160p.

The reason why games like Battlefield 4, Battlefront, the first few cod games on X1 ran at 720p was that they had the exact same graphics features as the PS4 version. I refuse to believe that with 6 Tflops of GPU power they would all of a sudden remove features.

Besides, doesnt the scorpio have prebaked 16xAF support for all games? It has more memory bandwidth to cram in all the graphics post processing effects. it has dedicated Directx12 processors. More CPU power. More RAM. There is ZERO chance that the scorpio version wouldnt be better than the PS4 Pro version. Zero. It just wont and cant happen.

Top Bottom