• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 2 confirmed, Game Informer info, Trailer released

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
GOLFHAM.

Will get day 1 as long as it isn't pulled from the shelf due to some questionable song.

mr_nothin

Banned
Hey Donkeyshow/Jump_Button,

Make sure you guys go full court press on MM @ E3 about Keyboard/Mouse support. I cant stress it enough

AndyD

aka andydumi
RbBrdMan said:
GOLFHAM.

Will get day 1 as long as it isn't pulled from the shelf due to some questionable song.

Well you can record your own. So can I see stupid copyrighted song songs made by users day one.

daoster

As long as the music is as charming as the first...I'm in!!!! Had hours of fun playing the first one...I think I'm gonna replay it now actually.

AndyD

aka andydumi
gofreak said:
2D barcodes you can scan in with Eye to load a level? Great for promoting levels, via magazines etc. etc. Linking straight to a level from the real world :)

This is the kind of stuff that has been done for a while in Europe and Asia. I guess just catching up with the times here in the States.

besiktas1

Syched this has been announced/revealed but kind of upset it has been done so early. Would have loved to seen this lovely "surprise" at e3. Same as Gears of War 3 too.

slider

donkey show said:
Here's the short answer...

it's not there. =P

Is there any specific reason? I mean for creation I really can't see the issue (although I never think about these things too much).

Yen

besiktas1 said:
Syched this has been announced/revealed but kind of upset it has been done so early. Would have loved to seen this lovely "surprise" at e3. Same as Gears of War 3 too.

You would rather GAF dies on the day of E3?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AndyD said:
This is the kind of stuff that has been done for a while in Europe and Asia. I guess just catching up with the times here in the States.

Yeah, I've seen it with mobile phones and stuff.

Putting it into LBP makes so much sense.

The current linkability of LBP levels is ZERO. There is no direct way to direct people to your level except telling them to search for it.

Now you can 'link' to it like you can a webpage on the web.

This will dramatically improve the discoverability and marketability of user levels...along with the level queuing on lbp.me and so on. This is a big big deal for what might seem a small point.

(I hope it's something that will extend to LBP1 btw. No reason it shouldn't, would be good for all for it to work for any level, LBP1 or LBP2).

A few months ago I heard from a very reputable source that LBP2 was currently on course for an end of year release (I was actually surprised that the game was even in production as I presumed it would be something suitable for an early next gen release). Hopefully they're still on track and most of us here will be playing it come Christmas Day.:D

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Oh shiiiii-

Absolutely LOVE this. Never thought they would step forward that much. Hope it all works out for the best.

KAL2006

Banned
I have only one question, can you change the physics of the game?

LittleBigPlanet seemed like a great game, but I couldn't get over the floaty physics. If it played like a mario game I would have been all over it. If it is still the same I'll pass.

No_Style

This all sounds too good to be true. Wow!

KAL2006 said:
I have only one question, can you change the physics of the game?

LittleBigPlanet seemed like a great game, but I couldn't get over the floaty physics. If it played like a mario game I would have been all over it. If it is still the same I'll pass.

Dude, it's in the OP. Yes.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
No_Style said:
Dude, it's in the OP. Yes.

More specifically you can change the behaviour of your character...vs the physics per se. But I suppose if you make all your characters control a certain way as if in a certain physical context, it's much of a muchness.

Sackboy will still control as sackboy, it's worth mentioning also. But now you can create other 'sackbot' protagonists with their own custom behaviour in your levels, specifically targeting those who want to replicate a given set of behaviour they have in mind from other games.

Finally a game that isn't so completely limited in scope. It disgusts me how narrow focused games are today, how nobody even bothers trying for the flexibility of older PC games. I was all set to rain shit upon this thread, but this news is exactly as it should be.

JardeL

HOLY SHIT!!!

This is how I look like after reading GI's LBP2 info ;
KillzownedWTFace.gif

SACKBOYWNED! :D

thuway

mr_nothin said:
YOu're no hardcore gamer. I never got frustrated with LBP and the later levels were the ONLY levels that gave me any sort of challenge. It felt like the last few levels in LBP were the middle of the game. I wish LBP was doubled in length and the difficulty ramped up alot more in it's last levels.

Dude, seriously, I am hardcore, by the standard definition. I'm not going to argue with you on whats hardcore and not, but if your suggesting to me that LBP is accessible to 'everyone', than you are out of your mind.

Haha, I remember posting this after I came back from visiting Media Molecule studios last year.

donkey show 10/2/2009 said:
Kareem Ettouney felt the same way when I spoke to him about telling fans what you can and can't say in regards to the future of LBP, but ultimately it's a business and you have to keep your eggs in a basket even though there aren't any true competitors to LBP.

On an aside, all the Mm staff are really fun and you can tell how they all are very passionate about what their doing (on top of doing it up at the pub, lol). All the new stuff I saw them working on was very hot sauce, to say the least. The future of LBP is going to be pretty interesting.

There you go. :lol

mr_nothin

Banned
thuway said:
Dude, seriously, I am hardcore, by the standard definition. I'm not going to argue with you on whats hardcore and not, but if your suggesting to me that LBP is accessible to 'everyone', than you are out of your mind.
My 7 year old nephew beat it.
That's not my point though. Im just pointing out that you said you were a hardcore gamer but you got frustrated @ LBP. I say LBP wasnt challenging enough.

I'm really excited about the customization of the HUD. I can't wait to see this game in screenshots and videos. Cause some of the things they are talking about, I have an idea in my mind of how they might be, but I'm not sure. No matter what, I'm buying this game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
lastinline said:
I can't wait to see this game in screenshots and videos. Cause some of the things they are talking about, I have an idea in my mind of how they might be, but I'm not sure.

Indeed.

The wait for media and more info is already intolerable.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
AranhaHunter said:
If they deliver the goods, can we put MM in the same sentence as the other premier developers in the industry like ND, Valve, Bioware, Bungie, etc or would they need a couple more big hit titles before we can put them there?
If they deliver with LBP2 they'll have a 50% success rate.

That said if they deliver with LBP2 they'll be taking a MASSIVE step in the right direction in the evolution of gaming.

Wowbagger

This sounds awesome. :O

I hope that microchip stuff comes with a random function, and that we can modify the scoring system for our levels.

MNC

With all this customizability - Will it still have the original LBP quirkiness and awesome? I hope to see alot of originality with a small tidbit of clones.

Teknoman

You are no longer limited to the game's stock sound effects. You can record your own sounds and voices, attaching them to characters or objects. Magic Mouth from the original LBP is gone

Also hell yeah at Sackbots :D Not to mention tweaking character physics and so on :D

MNC said:
With all this customizability - Will it still have the original LBP quirkiness and awesome? I hope to see alot of originality with a small tidbit of clones.
It definitely has the same charm of the original, outside of a super new coat of paint.

The original was so fucking cool that I would get lost for hours looking up other peoples levels using the search engine. I would type in stuff like "Ghostbusters" and just try out every level that people created. The sequel sounds absolutely incredible.

Teknoman

For creators of multiple levels, you will be able to string your stages together so that they flow from one level to the next.
- Sackbots can be drastically increased or decreased in physical size.

Can we import our old levels as well? Because that would be awesome.

thuway

OK what I'm about to say is unpopular, but I figure as a collective, GAF should consider it:

I don't think we should hype ourselves to the moon over the game at this stage. I did the same thing with LBP1 and was completely let down 6 months later. Hate on me LBP-heads, I like the game, I just don't 'love' it. As long as the platforming is fixed, I will consider it one of the greatest, if not the greatest platformer of ALL time, however-

this talk of it being a jack-of-all trades game has me a bit worried.

Its hard to believe that these guys can deliver such a title with only a 20-something large studio, unless I'm missing something, wouldn't delivering a game of this scope require quiet a large team? I have bad feeling of R2 happening all over again :-/. I want to be impressed, don't get me wrong, but I feel my hesitation is warranted.

Fake Edit:

It would be really cool of having a "moon" dedicated to levels that MM has hearted. I hate typing without a keyboard on the Triple. love you guyz MM :)

Natakuu

Banned
I'm interested, gonna depend on if the actual game is fun this time or not. The fact that it's not just platforming might help, the floaty jump and response time just really turned me off of the game :(

Danielsan

Hopefully we'll be getting another awesome beta.
Though it's kinda sad that the most fun I had with LBP was during the beta period.
I also find it pretty hilarious that videos of the Shadow of the Colossus level are among the first search results on youtube.
At the time it got featured on IGN, the 1upshow and on gamespy.
My minute of fame. :lol

Sounds meh to me, don't care about creating stuff except the platforming which sounds like there would be no change.

I though MM didn't want to do a sequel but create a new IP.

mr_nothin

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Sounds meh to me, don't care about creating stuff except the platforming which sounds like there would be no change.

Sony>MM

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
thuway said:
Its hard to believe that these guys can deliver such a title with only a 20-something large studio, unless I'm missing something, wouldn't delivering a game of this scope require quiet a large team?

I'd reiterate what I said earlier - considering the scope of the first's tools, and how they delivered on that, I've every faith they can deliver on their plans for this. MM knows how to pick their battles. I'd also note - though it's not hugely important - but they're no longer a 20-something team. They've grown to about 40 people now. Still small by most dev's standards these days, but bigger than they were when they made the first.

wizword

Banned
Rapping Granny said:

It explicitly says that you could alter the gameplay mechanics on user generated levels.

Top Bottom