• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drake is living proof that "nice sentimental (soft) guys" don't finish last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Carrabba has been made fun of his whole career for being a "pansy emotional romantic soft kid". He got his big break for "Screaming Infidelities" being on a Canadian teenage drama.

So many of his songs are about whining over girls or being distraught over love, the exact opposite of the macho man douchebag personality that some guys think you have to be like to get laid.

And look, those same idiots who think you have to be narcissistic sociopathic assholes PUA to get hot tail would die to have Chris' hit list.

Chris Carrabba is not a 10/10 in terms of looks lol, and his public persona is not "I am the big macho man look at muh confidence" dickbag.

Same thing with Ben Gibbard. The guy who looks like joe camel got with Zooey Deschanel, the biggest female film star ever.

All I'm saying is, stop trying to be an alpha
Male dickbag and thinking that's how guys get laid

1kbix1.jpg

what the fuck is this thread

Drake is a rapper dude

lmao

blakep267

Wouldnt be doing that if he wasn't a world famous singer/rapper from one of the most popular teen/kid shows of our generation.

Claiming Drake is Alpha is like claiming Jermaine Jackson is alpha....I mean, the argument is there, but not really :/
Plenty of famous people don't have game and are betas. Having money doesn't mean you can just get anybody. It makes it easier but it's not a free pass

Mesousa

Banned
Plenty of famous people don't have game and are betas. Having money doesn't mean you can just get anybody. It makes it easier but it's not a free pass

Its definitely a free pass to models and strippers, which was the criteria used to claim Drake was "Alpha as anyone".

xenist

Uh he's also rich.

Ding!

We have a winner.

Now I'm not saying that actual nice guys are fucked, quite the opposite in fact. But in this case fame and fortune completely obscure everything else. He'd have been with just as many women if he was a walking piece of fresh shit.

Drake said:
I'm hearing all of the jokes, I know that they tryna push me
I know that showin' emotion don't ever mean I'm a pussy
Know that I don't make music for niggas who don't get pussy
So those are the ones I count on to diss me or overlook me

He said it best. Drake is not a nice guy. He's a rapper that found his lane in being open with emotion while still rapping about topics that people enjoy.

No one would argue that Drake grew up hood or street. But no one has his type of hustle right now.

Chicks don't want me to play old Jay Z or Nas or even some conscious J Cole or Kendrick. Nah, they want that Drake lol.

Also I know more about Drake's ex's and their past profession than I do about my own.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Also, and this is my biggest problem with Drake, on every album he moans about women and then on the next track raps about how awesome he is, how many people are gunning for him (lol) and how many bitches he is fucking or whatever. I find it super jarring and not in a good way.

That's what happens when you don't write your own rhymes. Little cohesion from track to track

Astral Dog

your right only idiots and losers think you need to be a Dickbag/alpha. These type of men ruin it for every other man out there. Girls become wary of men due to them treating them like shit most of the time. Anyway a good woman knows quality when she sees it, unfortunately there are not a lot of good girls left out there. Way too many of them look for money/success over true love.

However! Drake is a popstar and popstars can be whatever they like and still get the ladies. so I dont think this applies to him. :)
Wth.
This thread is weird 😓

I don't think girls are attracted to what people call "beta" males. (When I say beta, I mean it in its most stereotypical form) People who complain and whine is not the same as being open with your emotions. It just means you can say what's in your heart with out turning a girl off. You don't have to be an alpha asshole to do that.

Edit: obviously difficult to describe in words here.

The goofiness of the thesis is interesting, but I'd like to know more about the punctuation of the title.

What's up with the quotation marks and the parentheses?

Kinyou

Can you really assume what kind of person he is by just looking at his lyrics? And apparently are his lyrics not even that nice

entremet

The goofiness of the thesis is interesting, but I'd like to know more about the punctuation of the title.

What's up with the quotation marks and the parentheses?

The thesis is also proved wrong by all those soft sensitive artistic types that get tons of play.

The guy bringing out his acoustic guitar in parties isn't the usual alpha jock.

But it's such a guy thing (I'm a proud guy btw) to always find out the hidden tricks for getting women in bed lol. We've been doing it for centuries.

There's no WIN button that works for everyone, dudes lol.

You're a sad sad man. It's not the alpha male shit that gets you laid, it's being able to effectively convey confidence and the ability to succeed. Guess who are pretty good at it?

Being a "nice guy" is shit. Doesn't work. Wanna know why? You're boring her. Think about how many "nice guys" a girl meets, who just desperately want to be in love, hold doors open, always telling them they're gorgeous and replying to every message within a minute, tips their fedora etc.

The idea of being with someone like that is incredibly boring and off-putting. How about getting with someone who can be independent, works towards what they want and gets it, acts the way they want and seems genuine - oh hey, that's a much more interesting choice.

I didn't start to get dates and go out until I grew a backbone, showed myself some respect and go my own way. Try developing agency, it's key.

Also drake is an actor/singer with millions of dollars and international fame. Your "nice guy" coworker mark isn't. Probably plays elder scrolls for 5 hours every night. Yeah.

Posts like this are amazing because the insecurity is every where.

royalan

LOL

Drake a "nice guy" that's funny.

Y'all must not follow social media much. Drake is the WORST KIND of "nice guy." He's the Hip Hop version of Guy With Guitar.

I wrote you this ballad to show you have my heart, girl. These feelings you make me feel, they're real. Let's take a walk under the crystal clear moonlight so I tell you how you make my love come doooownnn....Meanwhile dude's already banged three girls since he had his morning coffee and his phone is on silent because two more are texting him.

Why do y'all think Rihanna stay playing his ass? Because she sees right through that shit. lol

And yeah, I don't really like it when I start dating a girl and find out that some "close friend" of hers that has been secretly pining after her for years starts calling me an asshole and shit to her friends because he has some weird sense that I "stole" her or I'm "not right for her" or some crap. It's happened multiple times from those "nice guys" I was talking about (which yeah, I used to be one in high school, and it was fucking shitty of me to act that way and assume that my kindness meant I was owed affection or some horseshit).
As if I you wrote my own life experience, 100%

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Let me guess, OP thinks wrestling is real too?

Drake's persona is a "nice guy" in the way that a manipulative and emotionally abusive teenager is a "nice guy" maybe. IRL, he's just a millionaire buying songs.

Drake is a famous singer/rapper who regularly brags about how much he smokes, drinks, shines, and picks up random women. And how he pleases these women sexually in his many cars/hotels/homes, but yeah, totally average Joe and so humble.

Just because he doesn't push a gangsta persona doesn't mean his level of relationship success can be attributed to being sensitive.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
How do we know Drake isn't narcissistic or sociopathic? You also unironically called it a "hit list". Also Drake is very rich and very famous.

Zoggy, your threads are easily the absolute best on this website. I enjoy them so much that I prepared something special, just for you.

Zoggy, this is your life:

9P6qR82.gif

I honestly cannot believe that you somehow haven't been juniored yet, and I pray to God that that day never comes. Please don't ever stop making these dumb ass threads.

entremet

Another name for Taylor Swift is Aryan Princess. Look it up :p

I haven't been at Stormfront since Obama won re-election for the bitter tears lol.

So I'm a little out of touch with the white supremacy rhetoric.

Although Milo, Trump, and company have brought it more the forefront of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom