• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen |OT| We don't praise the sun around here

what kind of question is that? thats like saying a movie cant be too long because you are enjoying it.

everything gets old at a point, some games reach that point faster than others. you might enjoy 5 hours of a COD campaign but you probably wouldnt enjoy a 20 hour COD campaign for example

What? That's a terrible analogy. It's an entirely different medium. You rarely play a game from start to finish in one sitting. And I also don't see how it matters.

If it gets boring because of old and repetitive gameplay, it's because of old and repetitive gameplay, not the game length itself.

It's not impossible to evolve the gameplay in such a way that it manages to keep one's interest in several hundred hours.

aravuus

Disappointed to read on IGN that there is no difficult to choose from, wish they would released it with a really tough difficulty for the challenge.

There isn't? Goddamn it, I was planning on playing on a harder difficulty setting after a bunch of "it's a bit easy" posts

There isn't? Goddamn it, I was planning on playing on a harder difficulty setting after a bunch of "it's a bit easy" posts
I'm cautiously waiting for some mods to show up.

Nvidia Gameworks video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFlQ9CtLi-0&list=UUHuiy8bXnmK5nisYHUd1J5g

I'm still on the fence but DAMN at those particles. Seamingly not present on consoles. :)

Benchmarks
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Lords_Of_The_Fallen-test-LordsOfTheFallen_1920.jpg

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Lords_Of_The_Fallen-test-LordsOfTheFallen_2560.jpg

More info: http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/lords-of-the-fallen-test-gpu.html
This is very promising. Coming from The Evil Within, it basically looks like a technical masterpiece.

Darkone

Don`t know if to play it now because i am hyped for this game or wait that maybe they will make it harder threw a patch.

GHG

Nvidia Gameworks video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFlQ9CtLi-0&list=UUHuiy8bXnmK5nisYHUd1J5g

I'm still on the fence but DAMN at those particles. Seamingly not present on consoles. :)

Seems like a very well made game, tech wise. And well optimized as well, once again I'm surprised to see such a low power GPU doing so well (750ti).

nLYj1kN.jpg

Decent scaling.

This is a game in more than happy to get behind.

Definitely getting this later this week to play over the weekend.

Lux R7

Other than the challenge, is there any other reason to play in ng+?
I mean, can u find some unique items or enemies?
Maybe it's soon to ask this, but..

NEO0MJ

So, is anyone gonna open a PC performance thread? Really curious about how well it runs on mid/midlow computers.

What's the cheapest place to get a legitimate steam code for this game?

You can get it on gamestop for $42 if you use the code PCD15PR. For some reason GMG won't be selling this game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
First time in this thread, two things:

1: HowZatOZ, excellent work on the OT! I really wanted to do it at first but you were quicker than me. Now, however, I regret nothing. Good job, sir :)

2: I wish everyone good luck with the game! I am, unfortunately, not going to be able to play the game until Friday (which was the original release date for EU, but they changed that). I remember making a post that I'd try the following technical things out:

- i-frames on fat/medium/light roll
- i-frames on fat/medium/light jump
- framerate, tearing (PS4)
- multiplier cap (does it exceed 2.0?)
- hit cancel animations and frame delays per weapon type
- timing on parries (how strict it is, compared to Demon's, Dark 1 and Dark 2)
- delay required before being able to backstab

But now that I'll be 4 days behind, could someone else please try and 'fulfill' this list? I'm positive that I'm not the only one who would love to get these questions answered.

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

drotahorror

Does anyone know if all bosses are supposed to drop something? I killed the second and got nothing.

then I went into (not really spoilers)
the portal after talking to the captain and there was only 1 chest and it had nothing in it either. The last portal after first boss had 3 chests with loot
. So yeah I dunno seems like I should have got something in one of those 2 instances.

Nevermind about the second part. Guess it's some kind of challenge area. But still 2nd boss didn't drop jack.

And now that I've died in the challenge area and backtracked to the boss there's loot.

weird.

BumRush

Don`t know if to play it now because i am hyped for this game or wait that maybe they will make it harder threw a patch.

Supposedly it's not "easy" per se, just more forgiving than the souls games. As an appetizer to bloodborne that's fine with me. I'll play tonight and update with difficulty impressions.

Not too keen on the sounds of the game becoming easier as you get towards the end, I do hope they add in a hardcore mode at some point.

Carlius

Banned
Not too keen on the sounds of the game becoming easier as you get towards the end, I do hope they add in a hardcore mode at some point.

ya, same issue with witcher 2, where you were so freaking op by chapter 3 it was ridiculous. dunno why they seem to have this tendency

Kensuke

Here is my opinion of the game from the impressions thread. Later on I ran into some terrible bugs. Since then I've managed to glitch myself through that door and continue the game. The audio issues persist though.

I'm halfway through NG+, it's been a cakewalk. Haven't seen anything new yet. I'm sure I haven't found all secret walls yet. Curious about those.

for people who own xbox one and ps4..which version should they buy?

I played 2 hours of the XB1 version on Sunday and it was great-the tearing was there-but nothing off putting about it.I am in the same boat-I have wanted it forever on PS4 but after that taste on XB1 may just get it there-felt right (with the controller)

there are streams of both right now-

-is the fabled vsync day one patch up/or does it not exist (PS4?)

Here is my opinion of the game from the impressions thread. Later on I ran into some terrible bugs. Since then I've managed to glitch myself through that door and continue the game. The audio issues persist though.

I'm halfway through NG+, it's been a cakewalk. Haven't seen anything new yet. I'm sure I haven't found all secret walls yet. Curious about those.

I knew that Mimic skill was going to lead to some fuckery when I saw it in a stream. It's basically a x2 strength buff

Grady

ya, same issue with witcher 2, where you were so freaking op by chapter 3 it was ridiculous. dunno why they seem to have this tendency

had the same issue with wit her 2. I was so overpowered I didn't die once in chapter 3. Seeing that witcher 3 claims to have over 200 hours of game play with side quests and shit, I assume it will be the same if you get derailed from campaign.

Feeroper

So are there performance differences between xb1 and ps4 other than the res?

I see a lot of comment about bad tearing and dips from 30 FPS on Ps4. Is this just as bad for xb1? I normally defer to ps4 for multiplats, but I'm truly torn on this. If performance is better on xb1 I don't mind the lower resolution, but if they are the same I'll go ps4.

Heard some negative impresssions leading up to the release, but the reviews make it sound pretty decent. Also watched some streams last night and it definitely looked fun. Almost every preview I watched or read about had people wearing the heaviest armor possible saying that was "the way to play the game", but I watched a stream with a guy wearing light/no armor who did a lot more Souls style dodging. So it seems like there are certainly different viable playstyles (despite what I read in some previews).

I'll probably pick it up on sale.

nbthedude

So, is anyone gonna open a PC performance thread? Really curious about how well it runs on mid/midlow computers.

You can get it on gamestop for $42 if you use the code PCD15PR. For some reason GMG won't be selling this game.
I'm pretty convinced it will scale fine. I am much more concerned about all the reviews talking about constant crashing of the .exe.

I really really hope they get that fixed ASAP.

Kezen

Banned
I'm pretty convinced it will scale fine. I am much more concerned about all the reviews talking about constant crashing of the .exe.

I really really hope they get that fixed ASAP.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/lords-of-the-fallen-day-one-patch-detailed-brings-numerous-bug-fixes/
Lords of the Fallen releases today and CI Games has revealed the changelog for the day-one update that gamers will have to download. This update is 5GB in size and comes with lots of bug fixes. In addition, this update improves LODs, brings general lighting, animation, and visual effects improvements, and reduces visual glitches. As always, this update will be auto-downloaded from Steam and you can view the complete changelog below.

Perhaps the reviewer hasn't installed the day one patch.

Ricker

Patching now on the PS4 and it is in fact almost 5 GB...

Not sure what class to use...looks like a lot of folks are going Warrior...might try the Cleric.

theDeeDubs

Don't know why I thought this was $50 on consoles but I couldn't wait for a price drop on this, so it's downloading on my XB1 while I'm counting down the hours until I can squeeze in a few minutes on my lunch break.

Lords is looking good from the streams I've seen. I do hope there is a decent selection of smaller 1-handers that aren't daggers. I have always hated the big on-your-shoulder 1-handers in Souls. It's cool in Berserk, but I hate feeling so slow. Magic seems a little disappointing too. Was hoping a cleric would be a little more hybrid. I was wanting to play a sword/mace and gauntlet style melee character, but the gauntlet just seems like a pea shooter, and magic seems more like limited buffs for your melee. Still I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth in. Hopefully this will tide me over until we get a Souls collection on the new consoles or until Bloodborne next year.

Sothpaw

IGN (for what that's worth) said warrior magic makes the fights trivial after a while. That's alright, Dark Souls 2 DLC just put me through some really punishing stuff so I don't mind a more chilled out game this go round.

Looking at those benchmarks almost makes me want to upgrade my 7970 to a 980.

Plumpman

Did the day one patch come out today or last night on release?

Just wondering because I played last night a bit and had no issues other than some frame drops.

Top Bottom