• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 Wii-U Q&A Orientation Thread - Get in rookie!

When they say no one bought it on Wii-U is the fact that it got left out of this pre-order bonus going to be a valid reason for that?

bryanee

Well I've changed my pre-order so atleast I havent got to wait until the 30th now. If it does turn up on the Wii U version at some point then I'll pick it up in a sale.

Malvingt2

I can't believe they are doing this, I though Amazon screwed up but it seem they pull the game out just to take out the map of the Wii U version pre order. Smh..

Malvingt2

This deserves its own thread if we can confirm it. People need to know.

I agree, the whole process to this, it is in the unboxing thread. That info should go to new thread too. Activision even took videos down because the code for the map was not there.

Who makes stupid business decisions like this? Like who said yeah let's take the pre-order bonus away from just 1 console, that makes sense. That's a good idea.

pretty much.

no way will this game be over 720p, I would bet

Even if it's 'only' 720p it's still better than the sub-HD resolution we're going to see on the PS3 and 360. Mind you, if they do manage to have 1080p native at 60fps the internet might explode with Nerd-Rage lololol.

I've also a funny feeling we may see Elite added via a patch after launch.

muu

Is there going to be a downloadable version at launch? Cod has become a 15min time killer game for me as of late so it would be extremely handy to not have to swap discs.

Effect

I would like to know who to blame for this. First the Mass Effect 3/Trilogy situation, then Assassin's Creed 3's bugs, Fifa and Madden and now this situation. To much of this is happening with the western games. Haven't heard anything like this happening with the games coming out of Japan. In fact just more extra content with Tekken, Ninja Gaiden, Sonic racing, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, Monster Hunter. The only western games (on this side of the fence in terms of games we'd be interested in) that seem okay at the moment are ZombiU (getting a bundle) from Ubisoft and the games from Warner Bros and perhaps because Nintendo is publishing two out of the three and really pushing Batman. Maybe Darksiders 2 as well but I've kinda stopped paying attention to that so maybe there is something wrong with that as well.

Everything together is just really annoying.

I would like to know who to blame for this. First the Mass Effect 3/Trilogy situation, then Assassin's Creed 3's bugs, Fifa and Madden and now this situation. To much of this is happening with the western games. Haven't heard anything like this happening with the games coming out of Japan. In fact just more extra content with Tekken, Ninja Gaiden, Sonic racing, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper, Monster Hunter. The only western games (on this side of the fence in terms of games we'd be interested in) that seem okay at the moment are ZombiU (getting a bundle) from Ubisoft and the games from Warner Bros and perhaps because Nintendo is publishing two out of the three and really pushing Batman. Maybe Darksiders 2 as well but I've kinda stopped paying attention to that so maybe there is something wrong with that as well.

Everything together is just really annoying.

The first Fifa and Madden on the 360 was worse then the PS2 version, the Wii U version of ACIII is the same as the PS3/360 or better, the only one that's bad is Mass Effect

Effect

The first Fifa and Madden on the 360 was worse then the PS2 version, the Wii U version of ACIII is the same as the PS3/360 or better, the only one that's bad is Mass Effect

AC3 for PS3/360 is buggy. I'm expecting the Wii U version to be just as buggy since it's suppose to be the same game. Just because Fifa and Madden on the 360 was bad doesn't mean I'm going to excuse the Wii U versions. I don't are if it's the first entry on the console.

Hopefully they make it right, don't see any reason it wouldn't be available. eShop is available day 1, has been confirmed for ages now. If it's on disc there's even less of an excuse.

The back of the box says it has "add-on content" so you gotta think that Nuketown 2025 will be there......maybe not on day 1 for some reason but it will be there eventually along with future DLC maps.

AzaK

If its been removed on callofduty.com then its pretty much official.

Well I did cancel my preorder for Wii U. I'm sure others will too.

It's just a map right? Is that really a big deal and a reason to cancel a Wii U order? You'll still get off tv play, dual screen split, likely higher res and still the main parts of the game.

It's just a map right? Is that really a big deal and a reason to cancel a Wii U order? You'll still get off tv play, dual screen split, likely higher res and still the main parts of the game.

On one hand I absolutely agree with you, BUT that fact that it is just one map is what upsets me. Up until very recently, it was assumed that the WiiU version would have nuketown and then at the last second it's pulled. Of course there could be a good reason for that but it just seems like one map is such a minor detail that there would be no good reason as to why it's not on the WiiU version. I know this is probably as far from the truth as possible but it seems like just because it's the WiiU version, the "non core version", they are pulling nuketown. This late in the game and they are pulling preorder bonuses from only one version?

I am a huge fan of first party Nintendo games and "kiddy" games, like what some would call Nintendo Land, but I am also a fan of the more mature games like the GTAs and the online FPSs. I realize I can't have everything I want in console but crap like this and the ME trilogy bs worries me that third parties aren't going to take the WiiU seriously.

Just wondering if anyone has contacted Activision regarding this..? Would make sense to do this without cancelling pre-orders, don't you think..?

Turrican3

It's definitely annoying that everyone else is getting the preorder bonus map, but I'm going to get the WiiU version anyway because I want to play with IR aiming.

King_Moc

Banned
What's the reason for this, i wonder? It's not like it can't handle DLC. They really need to make a statement.

On the plus side, that map is soul destroyingly bad. It's what most CoD games are like on PC after the idiot running the server decides that the map was made for about 70 people.

Effect

I don't even like Nuketown as a map. I'm just annoyed in the end because the Wii U version is being treated differently and seemingly for no reason.

majik13

cant something be done legally since it was listed as a preorder bonus on their site. And then removed without telling costumers? If it actually does end up not being there day 1?

I think EA/DICE went through that for taking out the BF1942 preorder bonus off of BF3

AzaK

Has the preorder bonus map been removed for the PS3 too? I was watching a video on Giantbomb and an ad in front of it for CoD BLOPS II said "Preorder on XBox the free NukeTown bonus map".

Has the preorder bonus map been removed for the PS3 too? I was watching a video on Giantbomb and an ad in front of it for CoD BLOPS II said "Preorder on XBox the free NukeTown bonus map".

No, PS3 has the map code in the box as well.

My opinion on the whole Nuketown thing is, I don't really like the map anyway so it isn't a big deal to me. But even if I did care about the map I would still get it on Wii U if only to show Acti/Treyarch that there is an audience for CoD on Wii U.

Let's not forget that this isn't the Wii, there is still the opportunity for the map to come out later in a patch or as DLC if enough people bug them about it.

jmizzal

I don't even like Nuketown as a map. I'm just annoyed in the end because the Wii U version is being treated differently and seemingly for no reason.

Its new hardware, this kinda stuff happen with PS3/360 when they launched and its gonna happen with PS4/720, WiiU/360/PS3 will have things those dont have.

Besides im pretty sure Activision will just send it as free DLC prob on the 18th.

Effect

Do we know if the game will be downloadable?

Unknown at the moment. We know other games will be up. Activision hasn't said anything about their titles being available. I don't see why it wouldn't be though as they are on Xbox Live and PSN. Perhaps not right away. Activision's games aren't available on the day of release on other systems are they?

Edit:

If the map is going to be up on the eShop I wonder if this is how Nintendo is going to handle things. Perhaps Nintendo won't allow preorder content but just extra content in general for the Wii U versions. You give it to everyone or not at all? Or just it's available for free for a certain time on the eShop and then it's charged for similar to how they've handled the Fire Emblem DLC making the need for preorder codes worthless.

Why do I feel more obligated to buy this on Wii U when I'm usually dis-interested in CoD? I reckon it's the ability to play on the GamePad. Gotta love that semi-portable thang they got going on.

Why do I feel more obligated to buy this on Wii U when I'm usually dis-interested in CoD? I reckon it's the ability to play on the GamePad. Gotta love that semi-portable thang they got going on.

this is literally going to be my first COD. the end of screen sharing, and Wii's glorious pointer controls in HD sucked me in. I wanted a game that ticked those boxes at launch and it was this or Bond... and as much as I'm a Bond fan, I wasn't going to touch that piece of shit.

Top Bottom