• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
these jojo references are getting out of hand

it went from tongue-in-cheek "LUL IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE XD" to advanced shitposting to that god damn zelda screencap

how much shitposting can you do in the stopped time

There's a goron blacksmith in BotW named Rohan, and he's got an apprentice named Fugo.

Obviously a jojo reference

cntr

Banned
image86k9l.jpg

Zubz

Banned
I'm not hip to this "meme" stuff; is calling everything a JoJo reference no matter how unfitting/irrelevant (Like obvious song references or calling breathing "Hamon") a meme now? I saw it happen in 2 other places this weekend.

Squishy3

yes, it is a meme now. because everyone started jumping at the chance to say "is ____ a jojo reference"

it probably really started in earnest back when the z-moves got revealed for sun/moon, and with part 4 kinda upping the popularity in internet circles... yeah

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
these jojo references are getting out of hand

it went from tongue-in-cheek "LUL IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE XD" to advanced shitposting to that god damn zelda screencap

how much shitposting can you do in the stopped time

blame the anime apparently

I hear Street Fighter has a few Jojo references

I know for a fact Rose is Lisa Lisa, Guile is Stroheim, and Juri is Jolyne

cntr

Banned
From what I know, they originally based Guile on Polnareff, but decided to give him Stroheim's hair because it was cooler that way.

Guile's Theme is the World's Greatest...German Science goes with everything...JoJo references go with everything

There's an app for that.
There's a JoJo reference for that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
it's so weird he only did that to pinch Kars

From what I know, they originally based Guile on Polnareff, but decided to give him Stroheim's hair because it was cooler that way.
besides we even got a better polnareff

benimaru-kof12-win-portrait.png

PixelatedBookake

Pucci died from oxygen poisoning and having his head crushed by Wes Bluemarine/Weather Report in Emporio's body.

Yup, part 6 was quite a ride.

Okay so what was the deal with Sandman in Part 7? Why was he set up to be a protagonist type character at the beginning with the power to manipulate sand to being a villain who can do Echoes Act 2 type shit? Did he have a stand before the race, or was that sand shit just something he learned how to do? Why did his sister call him "Sandman" if he said his tribe calls him Soundman?

I'm just thinking back to Part 7 and I feel that maybe instead of introducing Wekapipo who comes out of nowhere just to become an ally then die, maybe have Sandman become an supporting character like he was seemingly set up to be. I like part 7, but I can't help but feel I would have enjoyed it more if it focused more on the actual race and the characters participating in it.

At a certain point, I was getting disappointed that Johnny and Gyro didn't even give a fuck about the race once the corpse parts came into the story. Then stands started getting convoluted with how you get one, and how you can keep your stand, or how you can get a stand from somebody through dinosaur infection and have that be your stand ability after a certain time frame? I feel as if Part 7 went off the rails a little in the middle of the story because it was starting to become less cohesive (which I know, its Jojo) to completely changing the plot of the story and by having story elements not being well explained, like how Gyro's spin, like the Ripple has powers pulled out of his ass on a regular basis and stand rules being more confusing.

I wanna know people's thoughts on these aspects of Part 7.

cntr

Banned
Oh, yeah, Part 7 definitely isn't perfect. Sandman's the iffiest part and I wish Hot Pants and Wekapipo got more screen time too. I didn't mind the race taking a backseat to the corpse parts, though, and didn't really find any of the Spin or Stand stuff confusing.

I think Diego got Scary Monsters just because he liked being a dinosaur. (Though there's a theory that the Saint's Eyes gave him a pseudo-stand that let him "Steal" Scary Monsters, like how Gyro got Scan. But that's just a theory, and I kinda doubt that's what Araki had in mind.) And it's implied pretty heavily (if not stated outright) that Johnny kept Tusk via the Spin,
the same way Gyro got Ball Breaker.

This month's chapter is out. Speed King's design has changed.

Yasuho regains consciousness and she and Josuke finally confront Dolomiti

part 7 went on for a long time tbf.

I like how the first leg of the race placed a bunch of emphasis on Pocoloco and his stand, and then he became a background character with almost no impact on the story.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Sandman being thrown in the bushes is one of the bigger disappointments in the entire franchise imo.

This month's chapter is out. Speed King's design has changed.

Yasuho regains consciousness and she and Josuke finally confront Dolomiti

birdmanrubbinghandstogether.gif

Neoxon

I've always wanted to hear DIO say "The World" in actual English

the ova doesn't count because shut up
It's probably gonna debut on Toonami & come out on Blu-Ray later, so we may have to wait a while.

Speaking of, I'm still waiting for Viz Media to release Parts 1 & 2 on Blu-Ray, but I suppose they could be waiting for Season 1 to finish on Toonami before doing that.

cntr

Banned
From how things are looking out, SDC will probably be a Toonami dub premier. Same goes for DiU, if it's popular enough.

Neoxon

From how things are looking out, SDC will probably be a Toonami dub premiere. Same goes for DiU, if it's popular enough.
Agreed. Though I wouldn't worry too much considering that Stardust Crusaders is typically the most popular JoJo part in the West. Toonami's gonna have a field day promoting it.

cntr

Banned
SDC's episodic nature makes it pretty great for a TV series too, since it's easy to pick up in the middle without missing too much. And due to the way Jojo's written, it recaps and explains anything important when it comes up.

Anecdotal evidence to prove that it's impossible to spoil JoJo because it's so batshit insane, my sister actually cannot understand me when I tell her that Polnareff is a turtle.

cntr

Banned
In this chapter of Jojolion, our brave hero runs from
a fucking housefly.

Blue Hawaii's the worst. But Yasuho's the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom