• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Actually, how strong is fireball in this game?

My impression is that you side step it, but is there something that actually makes it busted?

(like no recovery after throwing it out so they can still pressure you, etc. I don't know what the move does lol)

I'm not sure what the framedata is etc. I know Ling can duck under it in her low stance. Sidestepping when he can throw a fireball every second or two is a pain, but yes it can be done. It just irritates me that they put all his SF bullshit in the game, but I understand why they did it.

Actually, how strong is fireball in this game?

My impression is that you side step it, but is there something that actually makes it busted?

(like no recovery after throwing it out so they can still pressure you, etc. I don't know what the move does lol)

It's weak as hell. You can sidestep it, everyone has at least one or two moves that crush or erase it, it does low damage to begin with, up close it is very punishable on block.

It's only kind of annoying at midrange to keep you out when you advance.

It's main legit use is stuff into fireball FADC for a very powerful combo on hit and frame advantage on block.

SarusGray

Seriously. Anna fans have been the most vocal about her absence, but at least Nina uses a similar style. Same for Armor King. But there's no one in the game right now that plays like the Rogers, Changs/Wang, Lei, Ganryu, or Zafina.

I hope they consider that if they ever add more classic fighters.

the anna fans are going to find you and step on you.

J-Skee

Same exact thing.

16j4jyx.jpg1.gif

It's not written day 1 edition but I asked if it's the day 1 edition and they said "yes it's this one, there's not special box for the day 1 edition"... Weird. I checked the receipt there's nothing on it.

I have a way to get another Eliza for free, so I don't mind so much, but it's weird.

And I mean, the day is out in 2 days, so if the version I have today is not day one, I don't understand... :p

Are you at a major retailor or Mom and Pop Shop? I think only major retailors get the Day 1 version.

Does your box not look like this?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
how's the customization?

Pros: Some of the new unique items look good, and can be treated as 2p or 3p costumes. Customizations are rendered for the most part better than they've ever been (reservations given to the custom hair presets and some slightly ill-fitting gear); no image quality blemishes or weird pixelation on recolored items (sometimes present in Tag 2). You can change the color of the character's default hair. Items seem to have more recolor categories than they did in Tag 2. Most characters get a selection of generic makeup items, that was more of a character-specific thing in 6, and IIRC not present in Tag 2. There is a ridiculous amount of silly items if you're into those.

Cons: A lot of generic stuff (17 of the same T-shirt with different decals). Generally only 2-3 truly unique torso/leg items per character, and some are just taken from previous customizations. Even fewer unique items in the other categories for most characters. It's all segmented so that you can't mix and match very much (gloves and torsos are combined, as are legs and footwear). No decals from Tag 2. Custom hair has been pared down to just 10 presets you choose from. Lots of good customizations from the previous two games left by the wayside, despite some others being brought over. There is a ridiculous amount of silly items if you aren't into those.

Special Con: Kuma and Panda's customizations got completely ravaged compared to Tag 2, 6, and even 5, dare I say it. They have almost nothing to equip outside of joke accessories (guessing it has something to do with the new fur tech), their alt outfits can't be freely recolored, and you still can't seem to change fur color (you could in 5-6).

I'm watching some dude play the story mode on twitch and it looks fucking sick. Haven't played Tekken since Tekken Tag Tournament. I may end up getting this, the music is really good too.

Slaythe

They better add customization options for free through updates on top of their shitty paid DLC thing because it really feels lacking compared to previous games.

Are you at a major retailor or Mom and Pop Shop? I think only major retailors get the Day 1 version.

Does your box not look like this?

My box looked like this when I picked it up yesterday. Eliza code was inside on a slip of paper. No manual for those who are wondering.

FBeMKXt.jpg

cordy

Banned
They better add customization options for free through updates on top of their shitty paid DLC thing because it really feels lacking compared to previous games.

Their paid DLC/Season Pass situation is not shitty by any means. Without that, we wouldn't be getting any major updates and what we have in the game now? That would be it aside from 2 months of content like with TTT2 (and then TTT2 died). That's it. The DLC is used to keep this game's longevity going considering they begged Bamco for the funds to support it, that Season Pass can give this game an extra year lifespan it needs to stay active.

Yall are so quick to toss comments out based on emotion. Yeah you can feel upset that the game's lacking but they did the DLC for a reason. It's like people want these games to die just because they don't like something.

Vimes

Looking at the Giantbomb Quick Look and they got caught with "Fight in progress. Please wait until the fight is over." in an endless lobby. Surely this is a glitch right? Not having spectating in lobbies would be a deal breaker for me.

Menome

Given that CDKeys.com wasn't giving pre-order bonuses, I wonder if all their stock is going to be Day One codes that haven't been delivered to them yet.

cordy

Banned
Looking at the Giantbomb Quick Look and they got caught with a "Fight in progress. Please wait until the fight is over." in an endless lobby. Surely this is a glitch right? Not having spectating in lobbies would be a deal breaker for me.

There's Spectator Mode. They just encountered a glitch given how early they played it.

SarusGray

Looking at the Giantbomb Quick Look and they got caught with "Fight in progress. Please wait until the fight is over." in an endless lobby. Surely this is a glitch right? Not having spectating in lobbies would be a deal breaker for me.

I don't think I've heard anything about spectate mode, there might not be spectate mode unless someone can confirm.

Edit: thank god there is a spectate mode.

joeblow

I've been playing at my buddy's house and the game is a blast.

Hopefully they announce the guest characters soon. I'm gonna guess (hope for): Skullomania

Skyzard

Banned
I don't really care about Eliza (unless she shows up in the character select and is greyed out) but I'm worried about getting the game from cdkeys - it says it can be unlocked globally...but what region online does that put you in...

Leaning towards picking it up from steam today because of that, unless anyone knows for sure you can choose your region for online play (or if it does it automatically based on IP location?)

Top Bottom