• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

ajb1888

Banned
So who are you picking up first?? I'm thinking Lili, King and Eddy, as I'm most familiar with them. Josie looks fun too!

I don't think it's smart to expect DLC character announcements during Tekken Talk.

I expect at least one classic character announcement, but not any paid DLC stuff. I mean what else is there to talk about the day of release except to pat themselves on the back?

So who are you picking up first?? I'm thinking Lili, King and Eddy, as I'm most familiar with them. Josie looks fun too!

See avatar lol

Yeah, i'm going to see how Eliza is. Want to check out Kazumi as well. I like those two a lot aesthetically but i'm not sure their playstyle will jive enough for me to keep them on as mains forever.

Aside from that Raven and Leo i will play a lot for sure. Lili too, Alisa maybe. I can't keep all of these so some hard choices will have to be made at some point.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I expect at least one classic character announcement, but not any paid DLC stuff. I mean what else is there to talk about the day of release except to pat themselves on the back?

I expect they're mostly going to reiterate on the content of the game, maybe talk tournaments, and pat themselves on the back.

LMFAO This is so sad.

Well as a PC / Nintendo person, I wasn't going to mod my stick just for one game, and I wasn't going to buy a console for just one game either.

I love watching it, have had fun playing it in arcades when I travel, and I've played friendlies with friends in town but I never had the ability to just spend a day grinding out combos and such so now that I'll have it on PC I can take it seriously from a personal standpoint.

Gonna be rough having EVO be my first Tekken tournament but still.

The Tekken curse

I mean, SFxT doesn't count as a Tekken game on PC so as far as I know this is the first one lol.

AAK

I don't at least, i expect/hope they show (part of) what's in the summer pack. ie the new mode or some of the costumes.

Something like DLC reveals are things that already make headlines. It's common marketing strategy to save those announcements for events (i.e. E3/EVO/Conventions) or giving them their own time/space to shine.

Right now with the launch day coming and all the reviews popping up the public's interest is already piqued regarding Tekken. Namco will most probably use this opportunity to go into a detailed look at all the modes/features/etc through Tekken Talk to try and encourage more people on the fence to pick up the game with the content already present.

The DLC is a long way off judging by the Season Pass schedule, don't expect it to be revealed now.

The DLC is a long way off judging by the Season Pass schedule, don't expect it to be revealed now.

I'm not expecting any Season Pass stuff. I just want details on the free DLC.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment by thinking the free classic characters will start dropping soon, but that's been my assumption. If I have to wait until fall 2017 or 2018 to play Lei, ugh...

Kashiwaba

1day, 8 hours and 5 minutes till i can start the game :).
Coming from SFV probably I'm gonna suck at Tekken 7, so my goal for the first few weeks is to not get perfected online :p.

cordy

Banned
I'm not expecting any Season Pass stuff. I just want details on the free DLC.

Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment by thinking the free classic characters will start dropping soon, but that's been my assumption. If I have to wait until fall 2017 or 2018 to play Lei, ugh...

Tbh I'd honestly be surprised if Lei, Julia and Anna don't drop before the year's over. Idk when they'll announce them but I'm paying attention to their statements, the TTT2 launch and I'll roll with it.

LegendX48

So ready for school to be over this Friday night. This game's coming at the perfect time for me (start of summer vacation).

AAK

This is honestly the first time I'm hearing there are people expecting Julia/Lei/Anna as free DLC later on.

You guys...

DKL

1day, 8 hours and 5 minutes till i can start the game :).
Coming from SFV probably I'm gonna suck at Tekken 7, so my goal for the first few weeks is to not get perfected online :p.

Just mash launchers after blocking something.

This sure beginners will be pushing buttons even after they're minus on something.

Zane Farus

Neo Member
First time getting into a 3D fighter is there a similar youtube series like the Guilty Gear Crash Course? https://youtu.be/jNKMCOU9_Po

Also GG had a huge community discord with character specific discords links/PSN & Steam Netplay channels/New player lounge that had everything you wanted to know on there, is there something similar for Tekken 7?

Skyzard

Banned
Someone said there's over 90 minutes of pre-rendered cutscene footage in story mode to compensate for no arcade endings...

Looks like a lot of 2D stills from the footage I saw

Tekken 7 has over 90 minutes of cutscenes in it. That's like triple the amount you'd find in Tekken 5 and 6. Anyone accusing Namco of being lazy needs to insert a brain into their head.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
how's loading time for fights on the ps4? I remember watching some gameplay back in feb and it looked long

Pretty long. I'm doing these character stories after I beat story mode and each fight took a good while to load.

Story mode did nothing for me, cutscenes are so bad I started skipping them after a while until I got to the finale. But I see there's still an extra chapter I need to play now.

DKL

By launchers you mean jab?

Down forward triangle or up forward some kick (circle?).

But yeah, just block something and, assuming it's the end of whatever random string or shit they put out, just launch.

I'm very sure no one will be blocking things months after release :v

(but yeah, this is the way to success at beginners' level, I'm assuming)

Hopkicks
They might not be safe but they get work done

They definitely get the work done if your opponent enjoys pushing buttons while they are minus :v

Kashiwaba

Down forward triangle or up forward some kick (circle?).

But yeah, just block something and, assuming it's the end of whatever random string or shit they put out, just launch.

I'm very sure no one will be blocking things months after release :v

(but yeah, this is the way to success at beginners' level, I'm assuming)

They definitely get the work done if your opponent enjoys pushing buttons while they are minus :v

Thanks i will keep that on my mind when i start playing online :).

DKL

Thanks i will keep that on my mind when i start playing online :).

Not gonna lie: if people start blocking after they pushed something, you may or may not be in trouble since they vaguely know what's going on, so try to find your buttons that are fast and positive on block and maybe you'll prevent them from taking turns >_>

(also, find something that punishes side steps)

Menome

I feel bad for Kunimitsu fans lmao.

dozensofus.gif

In all seriousness, if we do get free classic characters post-launch, I can see it being Lei and Anna as a first priority.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the foxy lady, but I'm fine focusing on the characters we do have rather than waiting forever for something that may not happen.

Won't stop me name-dropping her in a tongue-in-cheek fashion though ;)

SarusGray

dozensofus.gif

In all seriousness, if we do get free classic characters post-launch, I can see it being Lei and Anna as a first priority.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the foxy lady, but I'm fine focusing on the characters we do have rather than waiting forever for something that may not happen.

Won't stop me name-dropping her in a tongue-in-cheek fashion though ;)

Lei and Julia* Fixed that for ya.

Nina has some of anna moves already ;-)

cordy

Banned
That's the author trying to draw potential conclusions from the quote. Harada said no such thing explicitly.

?

That doesn't mean that it hasn't been rumored from multiple people since the DLC announcement. Idk maybe you didn't see it but people have been thinking this for months.

Secondly, Harada's always been tight-lipped as with most of the Tekken Team regarding development on this game as we've seen with the console launch. He rarely outright says anything before an official reveal. That's their whole thing.

Top Bottom