• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

cordy

Banned
What cordy is saying is that this time around they actually secured a budget for the DLC, and by having season pass revenue coming in they can support future free updates with that money.

I imagine that some of the free stuff is already done, whether on disc or not.

Yep that's what I'm saying.
You should be their PR Coordinator, you're doing a heck of a lot better at calming the masses than they are. lol

Man I'm just going by their comments lol. If they're found out to be lying then I'll be tossing out insults like others.

CSX

What are the Pro enhancements like? Just curious, excited for this either way.

On a stream, Aris said he talked to someone who has seen it on both regular and Pro and was told regular looks "blurrier" than the Pro. Sounds like a simple resolution bump and that's it

For all the details, we gotta wait for Digital Foundry i guess

This track is definitely gonna replace the default character select music whenever I pick this up.

yeb1kVr.gif

same here

The PS4 version has a feature where you replace pretty much almost any stage or menu screen with whatever Tekken music you like .

PS4 exclusive content. Has every Tekken song ever. and Let's you replace any menu/stage theme in Tekken 7 with anyone from past games.

You get access to the soundtracks of previous Tekkens and can set them to stages and other places
ex.If you prefer the Tag 2 online lobby music compared to new stuff you just put it there

Music selection in game that can swap out for game modes/stages I think.

Damn that's dope as fuck.

ZeroX03

Banned
On a stream, Aris said he talked to someone who has seen it on both regular and Pro and was told regular looks "blurrier" than the Pro. Sounds like a simple resolution bump and that's it

For all the details, we gotta wait for Digital Foundry i guess

Base PS4 is 900p, Pro is 1080p. That's about it.

cordy

Banned
^ Damn lol.

Right now I'm making 3 playlists for Jukebox Mode. I've already got my base playlist but I'm making 2 others. 2 focused around "classic Tekken" which is from 2 and 3 and the other for tracks from T5/DR. T6's and T4's soundtracks, I just put the ones I liked in my first playlist.

robertoci

This may be an easy answer but if I own every mainline Tekken I will like this?
What I mean is that nothing has changed too drastically from Tekken 6 that would cause me to suddenly hate 7 haha

Customization is pretty bad, but I feel like being able to freely modify the colors is going to help a ton. Just watching the game play I'm seeing a lot of people have pretty decent customs, and most of that is due to the color edit.

cordy

Banned
What I mean is that nothing has changed too drastically from Tekken 6 that would cause me to suddenly hate 7 haha

What did you like about 6? That's what this is pretty much. If you enjoyed the gameplay, characters and graphics? You'll enjoy this game. If you played for the extra modes like Survival, Team Battle, Force and things like that? You might be disappointed.

Me? I mostly stick to Arcade, Practice, the main mode whatever it is in the game (could be Arcade, Story, Scenario, whatever), Ghost (Treasure), Customization and get online and fight people. For someone like me? This game's perfect.

Customization is pretty bad, but I feel like being able to freely modify the colors is going to help a ton. Just watching the game play I'm seeing a lot of people have pretty decent customs, and most of that is due to the color edit.

The color edit is a small enhancement that'll do big things. It's interesting how something like that can make a world of difference.

It has this Rage Arts system that's kind of like SF supers, but it doesn't fundamentally change Tekken gameplay. It's pretty much the Tekken we all know and love.

However, be aware that there's some missing stuff:
- no Team Battle, Survival, or Time Attack. Also no Tekken Force, Ball, or Bowl modes.
- Lei, Julia, Anna, Ganryu, and Kunimitsu are not in the game (yet)

But I think if you've liked the past games, you'll like this one. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself haha.

Marvel

could never
If I upload a video it gets muted :( because I have it early? or does YT just not allow the game's music?

Zeenbor

I'm excited for the game but Harada needs to stop it with people punching/kicking each other the same time in his trailers.

Nikokuno

Watching the story on YouTube, everyone speaking their own language just makes me giggle. Wish Namco would have just hired good english voice actors, man Injustice has spoilt us lol. Anyway so far I feel it's not a good replacement for the arcade endings, also felt the same when DOA5 did it.

Nope it's actually cool to have several nationaly reps speaking their native language. One of the reason Tekken is Tekken for me. I would have switch for full JP anyway #anime

Skyzard

Banned
I kinda wish PC got the jukebox option.

Really want to play it with the tekken 3 soundtracks!

Anyone got any recommendations for a program which you can control through hotkeys while in another game?

Will try it with VLC now.

-global hotkeys not working.

SarusGray

What did you like about 6? That's what this is pretty much. If you enjoyed the gameplay, characters and graphics? You'll enjoy this game. If you played for the extra modes like Survival, Team Battle, Force and things like that? You might be disappointed.

Me? I mostly stick to Arcade, Practice, the main mode whatever it is in the game (could be Arcade, Story, Scenario, whatever), Ghost (Treasure), Customization and get online and fight people. For someone like me? This game's perfect.

The color edit is a small enhancement that'll do big things. It's interesting how something like that can make a world of difference.

6 was great gameplay wise minus the bound system sometimes. (let's make juggles longer!)

Yudoken

The wording of the jukebox exclusive is rather suggestive that it's only time exclusive.

I saw some official tweets and messages and I don't think that they will make it exclusive for forever.
Also expect modders to do something about it on pc. Nothing is impossible. They even fixed the huge loading transition of SF V on pc.

Also remember the loading screen comparison with pc vs standard PS4 before? The reviewer said he run the game on the hard drive instead of the SSD. That means it could be even shorter!

cordy

Banned
6 was great gameplay wise minus the bound system sometimes. (let's make juggles longer!)

6 is a little underrated. I remember when it came out people were constantly talking about the graphics and Scenario Campaign's annoying parts but what they didn't talk about much is how solid the gameplay was. Sure Bounds were annoying and all but still the game was solid and they had some nice stages.

I personally was upset about 6's music more than anything since I'm huge on game music. T7 (at least the PS4 version) gives me the option of switching tracks out. T6 on the other hand, I felt that soundtrack was just a downgraded T5/DR.

Menome

Does anyone have the link please to the list of guide videos from the official Tekken site dealing with Movement, Rage Arts etc?

xviper

is there any microtransactions ?? and what are the online modes ?? is there a lobby where you can do king of the hill ?

SarusGray

6 is a little underrated. I remember when it came out people were constantly talking about the graphics and Scenario Campaign's annoying parts but what they didn't talk about much is how solid the gameplay was. Sure Bounds were annoying and all but still the game was solid and they had some nice stages.

I personally was upset about 6's music more than anything since I'm huge on game music. T7 (at least the PS4 version) gives me the option of switching tracks out. T6 on the other hand, I felt that soundtrack was just a downgraded T5/DR.

I felt everyone in tekken 6 was viable except for zafina. Only track I LOVED was Manji Valley and Edge of Spring. (Sorry girl, your random stance changes when I didn't want it to happen was frustrating af.)

Doomshine

Struggling with these Rage Drives. How do I perform them? Do I need to press R1 still?

Rage Drives are connected to an existing move and are performed differently depending on the character. Rage arts can be done with one button.

IbukiLordSA

This game, just sat in vs mode with a friend for the past 4 hours. Was marvelous, figuring out new stuff. I am really liking Katarina at the moment. Game runs so smoothly and the retry option in vs is almost instant into the match.

Top Bottom