• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Jusitce League plot leaked, spoilers.

WillyFive

I’ll never understand how such massive films with literally hundreds of millions of dollars and long timelines for development end up with such dog shit plots, contrived motivations, predictable conflicts and resolutions, and uneventful “twists.”

It's precisely the large amount of money that results in that. If you need your movie to make a large amount of money to pay for itself, then you need to guarantee that there will be great individual moments that will be very marketable (like a big superhero fight or heroic sequence). You come up with those sequences, and it is then after that where you make a plot and story to tie those sequences together.

I don't particularly care too much about the plot.

Since it's a team up film, I care more about how the Heroes work off each other in the film. I'm hoping all the actors got good chemistry together

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Why doesn't this say who they cast as Supergirl?
Lmao

Are the people complaining about a leaked plot synopsis getting its own thread doing so because they think it’s going to hurt it’s box office now or because they’re upset that people are going to know ahead of time that the story is stupid?

shira

Flash and Cyborg dig up Superman’s coffin.
The League head to the Kryptonian ship with the coffin. They set Clark in the pool. They need to charge up the mother box the moment it hits the water. Flash runs really fast and touches it just as it touches the water. Clark wakes up and explodes out of the ship, flying away.
crazy.gif

Effect

They don't?

Not that I can recall or find from a search. Images maybe. People talk about how the spoilers are out there. I've never seen them get their own thread. Same for things like Star Wars. Mention they are there for someone to find them but no one made a thread about them. I thought people had bit more self control and maybe respect to not straight up potentially spoil things for people like this.

If this is going to be okay then someone should make a thread for The Last Jedi I guess. Everything for that film is suppose to be out there now.

Hagi

Length on it own isn't the problem, its that they likely cut a ton of shit from the movie.

Two hours is long enough and given the state of the production them cutting a lot of stuff to make it work better wouldn't be surprising at all. Hopefully it's cohesive.

spoonztt

This is the old vieweranon "leak" from reddit a few weeks ago. They've been going in pretty hard on him as most thinks it's bullshit.

shira

I’ll never understand how such massive films with literally hundreds of millions of dollars and long timelines for development end up with such dog shit plots, contrived motivations, predictable conflicts and resolutions, and uneventful “twists.”

This reads like fan fic.

That said, this is just describing the set pieces. Against my better judgement, I hope the character arcs and storyline progression surprise me.

I think they make the action set pieces first then cobble the story around it.

So it looks like my worst fears are confirmed and
Superman's resurrection will be treated as a complete reset button for the character, turning him into the boyscout and completely ignoring the emotionless sociopath he was before
. Weak, Whedon. Very weak.

I don't believe this is real.
Sounds garbage.

So it's genuine, given this films sordid production history.

Doesn't sound bad, but doesn't sound all that interesting either.

That being said, it'll live and die by the cast, so it'll probably do well enough.

Dalek

Sounds very basic. I was hoping for some suprises. Maybe there’s a lot here that hasn’t been spoiled. It doesn’t say exactly how
Superman comes back

So it looks like my worst fears are confirmed and
Superman's resurrection will be treated as a complete reset button for the character, turning him into the boyscout and completely ignoring the emotionless sociopath he was before
. Weak, Whedon. Very weak.

You mean the version of the character people actually like?

Theorry

Let me remind you when the plot leaked also of Wonder Woman. That whole boat scene was terrible. It always is when you read it.

Alienous

Would saying how the AT&T video corroborates this plot leak also be a spoiler? Is it just the "save one person" thing?

Let me remind you when the plotted leaked also of Wonder Woman. That whole boat scene was terrible. It always is when you read it.

Yes, important to note, too. As I said, things translate differently on screen and there is also connective tissue missing. I am not too mad about it, all things considered.

Top Bottom