• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Update downloaded on PS4

I'm on PC version atm testing regular Attrition and Bounty Hunt to get used to the game again.

I don't wanna do War Games before playing the other maps first.

Will join the sesh on PS4 later (never got to play High TTK sadly)

Izuna

Banned
very short impressions based on a single game

1GlmLK8.png

Relic is dope and I personally think it works better in this game than the original. I played on pad on PC and it felt challenging and rewarding. It wasn't a slaughter, we had to come back after two thirds in. The map greatly helps.

- R101, Mozambique, Archer. The MAD INSANE combo. It was so incredible to have that freedom.
- Amped Weapons timer was cool. Didn't know it was a thing. It makes those Amped Archer shots even more satisfying.
- MOZAMBIQUE AND ARCHER NIGGAS *ahem*
- For some reason I couldn't run over Reapers but I need to play more to test.
- DID I TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN USE MOZAMBIQUE AND ARCHER? NO?!
- Crouch Phasing with Ronin is a little bit OP on this map imho

Criticisms:

- Phase Shift is too important to this game. I mean, it's fun to use but awful to fight against. I hope that the ability gets a massive nerf with High TTK. It's good for single use imo. 2 uses is too much when it means I always use it to get into my Titan for free or use it after shooting the Archer that has so much tracking now.

- I don't know what would work better but there has to be a way to swtich weapons without holding the button. I get confused since I switch from the side-arm to main gun a bunch. How does it work? Single Y always switches to Heavy but Hold Y switches to side or main? I get confused mid-fight atm and it seems like it's a lot to get used to. I would gladly welcome an extra button for it. For now, I will bind a keyboard button to my controller as a workaround but that's PC only.

- After High TTK, Aim Assist... Can we look at the Radar next Respawn? Please give us a little customisation. I really don't need the flashes and maps like Relic are so condensed that I would love to have the visibility I had in the original game.

Izuna

Banned
Now, since the PC performance thread is dead. What set-up are you guys using? I am targeting 100hz (97fps with RTSS) with 4xMSAA because I don't like the way TSAA looks.

When I connect my monitor (if I wanna use M+KB) it will be a 144hz monitor and I don't know how to get a 1070 to reach that target.

I hope the strong negative reception on reddit helps remove the stalker damage. So. Dumb.

In Attrition you're always coming across them from about the halfway point on? Youre fighting off pilots and titans and zigging and zagging then your health just takes a dive. Why? Because you stepped on Stalkers. If they didn't take so much time and resources to kill maybe they wouldnt be as annoying. But thats not the case. You're now having to worry where you step which kills the flow of the gameplay.

lazerfox

Wow I forgot how amazing this game feels after playing way too much janky ass Battlegrounds.

Now, since the PC performance thread is dead. What set-up are you guys using? I am targeting 100hz (97fps with RTSS) with 4xMSAA because I don't like the way TSAA looks.

When I connect my monitor (if I wanna use M+KB) it will be a 144hz monitor and I don't know how to get a 1070 to reach that target.

No real setup. Just unlocked frames with these settings. There are some drops to 120fps but I don't really notice.

MSAA is really taxing on the GPU and I don't really mind the look of TSAA.

1070, i7-4770k

Rocketz

New execution acquired. Super easy this round. Didn't like the last one so I never took the time to unlock.

It's also going to take a minute to get used to the 3 weapon style again.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Haven't played the game in awhile (probably 7 months) -- yeah I'm a little rusty but Tone seems greatly nerfed from before. Also, did they ever make Scorch a contender?

The Amped Weapons nerf is bullshit IMO.

It's a fast-paced, low TTK game (at least for now). If I can stay alive, then I'm consistently earning the right to use that boost.

I take it auto-pistol spawns with only a single clip now too?

Sigh.....

Whatever, guess I'm just running Battery 100% of the time instead of 70% of the time.

Arrrammis

Would you guys get this on PS4 Pro if you had a PC with a GTX970 and a 4670k@4ghz and a 4k TV?

The player base is a bit larger on PS4 than PC, but the bigger difference is your personal preference of if you want the better performance of a PC with the ability to use mouse and keyboard, or want to play against other console players where everyone is using controllers.

Personally I went with PS4 despite also having a PC with a GTX 970 because I have more friend that also play on PS4. Apart from that, I would have probably gone for PC.

grendelrt

It's a fast-paced, low TTK game (at least for now). If I can stay alive, then I'm consistently earning the right to use that boost.

Sigh.....

Whatever, guess I'm just running Battery 100% of the time instead of 70% of the time.

Major problem I am seeing now since they nerfed amped weapons is that in PvP games there is like 90% smart pistol and pilot sentry usage. I have way more issue with those two boosts than I ever did amped weapons.

The player base is a bit larger on PS4 than PC, but the bigger difference is your personal preference of if you want the better performance of a PC with the ability to use mouse and keyboard, or want to play against other console players where everyone is using controllers.

Personally I went with PS4 despite also having a PC with a GTX 970 because I have more friend that also play on PS4. Apart from that, I would have probably gone for PC.

I'd play the PC version with an Xbox One controller on my TV, single player only. So it's 100% a matter of performance and nothing else.

Sigh.....

It was brought inline with the other boosts. Amped Weapons was the only one that you kept until you died, and it being so effective was a reason many ran it.

Izuna

Banned

Sigh.....

I'm just coming out to disagree with you.

I still used Amped Weapons and I love the change. I still make use of it, but I'm not getting killed constantly by fools with an Amped G2.

Also, this means that the Mozambique is super powerful (please don't nerf respawn) since it's comparable with amped weapons :D

--

And yes, Respawn, PLEASE give us a way to switch to the third weapon with a specific commant like d-pad or something.

And yes, Respawn, PLEASE give us a way to switch to the third weapon with a specific commant like d-pad or something.

Im surprised this wasn't the swap option like TF1. Whats currently bound to the d-pad other than calling in your titan and pilot ability?

Top Bottom