• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Please no more nerfs - nerfs rarely make a game more fun.

Phase shift could be removed from the game and it wouldn't make it any worse. I'm not sure how an ability that completely phases you from the playable space for a few seconds makes for engaging gameplay for the opponent. It's basically armor lock if you could move.

While we're at it nerfing the fuck out of melee so closer range weapons don't get 99% damage and then the user getting one shot by an inconsistent melee would be nice.

Respawn, why?

3NiwmWd.gif

grendelrt

Phase shift could be removed from the game and it wouldn't make it any worse. I'm not sure how an ability that completely phases you from the playable space for a few seconds makes for engaging gameplay for the opponent. It's basically armor lock if you could move.

While we're at it nerfing the fuck out of melee so closer range weapons don't get 99% damage and then the user getting one shot by an inconsistent melee would be nice.
Melee is my most hated thing in the game by like a mile. 1 hit forward facing needs to go especially with how inconsistent it is . How many times has it been patched at this point, just give it up.

Took a break to play other games and I come back to the same garbage ping and lag. Every match Ive joined has had my ping bounce around from 30-150ms. Ridiculous.

Dear Respawn,

Please never, ever, EVER program matchmaking in-house, ever again.

Please.

Thank you

Sincerely, everybody who has ever gone 10+ JIP matches in a row, none of which were below 100 ping despite being 28 ping to the nearest server.

So theres a reddit post that mentioned something about switching factions (I went from Apex to Vinson) to fix lag issues... I tested back to back and I had 30-40ms the entire match with Vinson and the wild ping with Apex. It could have been luck of the draw but I plan on testing with more than one game before switching factions. Possible bug? Are players being tossed around based on factions?

VeeP

Yes! Joined a game where the team was down 0-3 in CTF. Managed to help tie it 4-4, literally I capped the flag with 1 second left. Game went into overtime and we won. Amazing. When this game clicks, it clicks.

Clearly just a bug :) I've raised to QA to try and see if we can get a repro, and probably fix it next time we do a server patch if possible.

I demand all gold camos and warpaints for my suffering.

Also, can you do something about the terrible teammates I keep getting matched with?

I've been enjoying Legion so much after having played most of the other Titans more. If only the occasional Ion didn't ruin my fun. Any recommendations? Usually just try to overload their shield and then drop mine right when the payback comes my way to keep the pressure on.

Alx

I went back to the game after a break, it's still so entertaining. ^_^
Holopilot is a lot of fun when coupled with a short ranged weapon like a shotgun, getting 20 kills to unlock the new execution was a breeze.

Man... played a fair bit over the past couple days and have seen Glitch once in the damn map rotation, WTF!? :(
I played 3 games today.

All 3 games were on crash site.

I'd be happy if crash site and complex just got removed from matchmaking honestly. The little fix to crash site made it slightly bearable and it's nice to have map variety but....

Alx

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Crash Site nor Complex for the whole evening yesterday. Nor Glitch (of course...) and I suppose War Game is exclusive to the 24/7 loop for the time being.
Got Kodai and Dry Docks at least twice each, plus Angel City, Relic, Boomtown, Black Water Canal, Exoplanet...

HelloMeow

I played 3 games today.

All 3 games were on crash site.

I'd be happy if crash site and complex just got removed from matchmaking honestly. The little fix to crash site made it slightly bearable and it's nice to have map variety but....

I'll reinstall the game if they remove Crash Site and Complex.

Dez_

Glitch is probably the rarest map to ever appear in rotation. It's a shame. I wonder if Respawn will upload more stats, such as how many times you played a map, like it did in the first game.

Gotta say that I really love playing on War Games. I stopped playing the first game shortly before the new maps started rolling out, and this one is so much fun to play.

I can't imagine a more worthless existence than the person that wants their pistol prioritized over their anti-titan weapon.

me

if i run out of ammo during a duel i need a quick swap secondary, not a slow firing anti-titan weapon

if i'm going to be fighting titans i generally know when that's gonna start considering they're huge as hell

Izuna

Banned
We one week away from update right?

--

G2, Mozambique, Archer is so powerful. Honestly, with High TTK and a few more changes, this game is what I want it to be.

:D and by small changes, I mean changes to the radar system!

We one week away from update right?

--

G2, Mozambique, Archer is so powerful. Honestly, with High TTK and a few more changes, this game is what I want it to be.

:D and by small changes, I mean changes to the radar system!

I dont believe Respawn has given a date?

I take pistol. I rodeo Titans.

me

if i run out of ammo during a duel i need a quick swap secondary, not a slow firing anti-titan weapon

if i'm going to be fighting titans i generally know when that's gonna start considering they're huge as hell

Fair enough.

In all honesty I was just venting after a match where I always seemed to come up with my pistol when I trying to engage a Titan. I'm pretty aggressive about shooting titans with my ATW and swapping back and forth to take care of pilots in the process.

Agreed with melee but the needed amped weapons nerf made g2 a lot better balanced. I rarely see it anymore.

Also I understand the intent behind happy hour but really wish they just gave 5 merits per day for logging in whenever, not in one specific hour.

When they show up on consoles, especially in competent player's hands, the only way to counter is picking G2 yourself.

VeeP

When they show up on consoles, especially in competent player's hands, the only way to counter is picking G2 yourself.

Yep. The minute I get cross shot in Angel City with a G2, twice, I'm picking up G2.

I was playing PvP once on Angel City, slowly the entire game went to a point where everyone had a G2. It was kind of fun, but I really hope that was a one time thing.

Respawn, could you please stop messing with the map rotation? Every time Glitch goes missing Crash Site and Complex come up and they come up more than any other map. Please stop.

xrnzaaas

I'm currently playing the SP campaign and even though it's good (I just finished fighting Ritchter) I think it's a little overrated. Like for instance I don't understand the whole praise about
using time travel in one of the missions
. This was done better in one of Dishonored 2 levels imo. I love how the weapons feel though. They make engaging in combat a really fun experience.

I'm currently playing the SP campaign and even though it's good (I just finished fighting Ritchter) I think it's a little overrated. Like for instance I don't understand the whole praise about
using time travel in one of the missions
. This was done better in one of Dishonored 2 levels imo. I love how the weapons feel though. They make engaging in combat a really fun experience.
Because it was unexpected and works great with the platforming.

And then there was also the assembly level which was amazing.

Also are you playing on hard? Normal was way too easy imo

Top Bottom