• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny Site Launches - Lots of new footage and info

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't just be the competitive stuff. :)

Cool!

Whenever everything has been made public, I hope you will touch upon the process on what to select for the beta on the podcast. Would be interesting to hear the thought process of what to show, and what needed to be tested in terms of the game. Hopefully the beta will also include stat tracking via the mobile app, really curious to see where the second screen experience goes.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Cool!

Whenever everything has been made public, I hope you will touch upon the process on what to select for the beta on the podcast. Would be interesting to hear the thought process of what to show, and what needed to be tested in terms of the game. Hopefully the beta will also include stat tracking via the mobile app, really curious to see where the second screen experience goes.

Great idea! It's been a fascinating discussion to play a small role in internally.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i imagine bungie has touched on this, but is it reasonable to expect the online co-op functionality to be built on the reach co-op code? i mean, i'd expect upgrades, but the halo games have always been entirely broken, net code wise, for me in co-op. MS's azure servers should help, updates in their tech should help, but its still a major concern of mine.

Phil4000

Awaiting some pure gameplay footage, (preferably uncompressed from Gamersyde) nice looking bullshots from Bungie have fooled me for the last time...

Official screen of Halo Reach provided by Bungie prior to release
Reach-m10_3rdperson.jpg

and sorry to say the final game looked nowhere near as good :(

Awaiting some pure gameplay footage, (preferably uncompressed from Gamersyde) nice looking bullshots from Bungie have fooled me for the last time...

http://halo.bungie.net/images/Games/Reach/images/screenshots/Reach-m10_3rdperson.jpg[/IMG
and sorry to say the final game looked nowhere near as good :([/QUOTE]
"Nowhere near"? Yes it did, don't exaggerate.

I'm pretty sure I probably said something about beta, but we weren't focused on it specifically. So, yes.

You tease.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but will the videos showcased by the different outlets be of their own gameplay?

Or will they be videos of the event that you guys/Activision have provided to the press themselves?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
You tease.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned, but will the videos showcased by the different outlets be of their own gameplay?

Or will they be videos of the event that you guys/Activision have provided to the press themselves?

Mostly charcoal rubbings.

:)

Majmun

Will I be able to play this game freely offline just like Borderlands? Complete the campaign offline etc...

I'm not interested in multipayer. I love fps rpg games with an awesome setting.

This looks like a Borderlands/Mass Effect hybrid. Love it.

Lasty95

You tease.

Oh I'd imagine the latter.

Pre-alpha they're going to want to be be pretty selective about what they show.

Really excited about seeing some new stuff on Monday, especially after the downer last week.

Course they're not going to blow their entire hand before E3 mind, so I'm not expecting too much.

Will I be able to play this game freely offline just like Borderlands? Complete the campaign offline etc...

I'm not interested in multipayer. I love fps rpg games with an awesome setting.

This looks like a Borderlands/Mass Effect hybrid. Love it.

The game is online only, but you can play through the story campaign solo if you wish. The is no offline mode.

Majmun

Well...that sucks!

But I'm still interested. I just hope I can finish the campaign alone. And I hope the campaing will be awesome. I just hate playing games with other people, don't get me wrong :p

HTupolev

Reach-m10_3rdperson.jpg

They "fooled" you? Were you actually tricked into thinking that Reach would be running at a supersampled 1920x1080?

Because aside from raw sampling, Reach basically looks like that screenshot.

DOWN

Banned
They "fooled" you? Were you actually tricked into thinking that Reach would be running at a supersampled 1920x1080?

I think when you are talking Reach on 360 vs that screenshot, there's definitely a chance of misleading. It is pretty hard to imagine how it looks precisely at its own, native sub-HD resolution when it is being marketed with that kind of imagery. It makes it look like a much cleaner image than you get.

If there were a PC version at launch, it can slide, since the game can indeed actually look like that.

Pop

Well...that sucks!

But I'm still interested. I just hope I can finish the campaign alone. And I hope the campaing will be awesome. I just hate playing games with other people, don't get me wrong :p

They're catering to the solo. Just complete the main story alone, don't party up.

It won't just be the competitive stuff. :)

Cool, makes sense though since it sounds like co-op and pvp multiplayer seem pretty integrated with eachother. Really interested to see how this works out because usually in an mmo/rpg your power is a direct result of your gear and such, whereas it seems like you guys are trying to keep skill as the main factor (hopefully). If not, I hope matchmaking at least puts you against those who are at a similar level of progress from the campaign.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
So that's a yes yes to some kind of beta info hitting next week?

sweeeeeeet

Elzar loves rubbings confirmed.

Again, wasn't our primary focus, but just about everyone asked questions about it, so I did my best to try and give context without being too dodgy. Always a fun balance to strike while the team is working. I want to talk about all the cool shit they're building, but I don't want to write checks until the cement is dry.

Again, wasn't our primary focus, but just about everyone asked questions about it, so I did my best to try and give context without being too dodgy. Always a fun balance to strike while the team is working. I want to talk about all the cool shit they're building, but I don't want to write checks until the cement is dry.

Is 60fps something you guy's are trying to deliver on ps4?

Seriously. That's exactly what Reach looked like except with a much higher resolution. I didnt know people still fell for that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Totally. I'm not trying to jump to conclusions or anything. I just want to make sure I'm reading your yes right. You people can be tricky sometimes. :) Knowing that we'll get *some* kind of beta info, regardless of what it ends up being, is exciting.

GhaleonEB

Totally. I'm not trying to jump to conclusions or anything. I just want to make sure I'm reading your yes right. You people can be tricky sometimes. :) Knowing that we'll get *some* kind of beta info, regardless of what it ends up being, is exciting.

And Monday is only two days away. *squee*

Maybe, in a manner of speaking.

Destiny is probably targeting 30fps. Bungie doesn't exactly have a history that screams "we aim for 60," and Destiny was 30fps in its stage showings.

being cross-gen and not looking super demanding and by talking a lot about reducing latency as much as possible, i think we still have a chance of it running higher then 30.

HTupolev

being cross-gen and not looking super demanding and by talking a lot about reducing latency as much as possible, i think we still have a chance of it running higher then 30.
There's always a chance, sure.

As far as latency goes, you might want to be careful. I haven't seen all that much talk about reducing input latency, and Bungie has talked about reducing input lag within a framerate tier before (it's one of the big points they've brought up for why they always avoided tiling on 360).

Awesome news! By the way Urk, thanks for posting here, people involved in games posting makes GAF a better place!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Awesome news! By the way Urk, thanks for posting here, people involved in games posting makes GAF a better place!

I posted here before I worked in gaming! That's how I ultimately got connected up with Bungie and got a job here. :)

Reach-m10_3rdperson.jpg

That's about... Exactly how it looked? I'm not seeing much of a difference between that screen and the final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom