• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

IconGrist

I had a huge grin on my face seeing Cavill and Affleck together again. They play off each other well so I hope there's a good couple of scenes with them together in JL.

Underwater dogfights on armored sharks is the best news to come from this thing.

Forreal. Omgggg I can't believe it's happening. They're giving us fucking armored shark battles lmao. I was worried they wouldn't go all in on the under the sea shit but they're doing it

Not particularly excited about the director they got for Shazam. Dude makes one meh horror movie and they decide to give him Shazam. But eh a director is better than no director I guess.

Do you guys think they might actually go for John Cena for Shazam. I think as he gets ready to retire from WWE he might have a decent shot in hollywood in a comedy gig. Him opposite the rock would be dope

Channing Tatum would be cool too, probably better, but that dude seems like he really wants gambit to happen

Ross61

Forreal. Omgggg I can't believe it's happening. They're giving us fucking armored shark battles lmao. I was worried they wouldn't go all in on the under the sea shit but they're doing it

Not particularly excited about the director they got for Shazam. Dude makes one meh horror movie and they decide to give him Shazam. But eh a director is better than no director I guess.

Do you guys think they might actually go for John Cena for Shazam. I think as he gets ready to retire from WWE he might have a decent shot in hollywood in a comedy gig. Him opposite the rock would be dope

Channing Tatum would be cool too, probably better, but that dude seems like he really wants gambit to happen
Gotta say again, Lights Out was a positively reviewed and successful movie lol. Plus he's got the full backing of James Wan who probably recommended him for the job. He's way better than the other people being thrown around like Shawn Levy.

Yeah but I saw it and I didn't think it was that great. I don't really care about the reception.

I agree that it's a more interesting choice than Shawn Levy tho.

Not expecting it to be amazing anyways. But the casting of the kid and the script is gonna be pretty important. Wonder who is writing it. Should aim dead center at the family audiences with this one

Ross61

Yeah but I saw it and I didn't think it was that great. I don't really care about the reception.

I agree that it's a more interesting choice than Shawn Levy tho.

Not expecting it to be amazing anyways. But the casting of the kid and the script is gonna be pretty important. Wonder who is writing it. Should aim dead center at the family audiences with this one
Henry Gayden. And by his resume they are aiming for the family audience.

Ashhong

Wait where did you guys read about shark battles and stuff? Did I miss something?

The slash films article and periscope talked about it. I don't know about Aquaman being an origin story. Are they going to do all of the solo movies that way? I want to see what happens after JL.

Ross61

The slash films article and periscope talked about it. I don't know about Aquaman being an origin story. Are they going to do all of the solo movies that way? I want to see what happens after JL.
It's going to be both an origina and a continuation.

Isn't John Cena already cast in a Marvel role?

I just googled and apparently he might be playing himself in Thor as earth's entrant in the gladiator battle. Uh that's kinda awesome. Can't believe I am curious about a mcu Thor movie but between waititi and the cast it could actually be fun

Edit: oh that was a rumor and he ended up getting pulled from the imdb listing. 50/50 on that cameo

I think Cena has the potential to shine. When he actually cares, he turns it on in WWE, but he's usually not asked or pushed to deliver his best so most of the time he's just going through the motions.

LionPride

Banned
Shazam is supposed to be this goofy ass dude right? Yeah, Cena or Tatum would fit. Or some unknown who blows the role out of the water because you don't need two stars with Dwayne being there as Black Adam.

Yager

Banned
In the time it took you to ask me you could have checked Google to verify, lol. Yes, I'm sure.

Jai-Courtney-copy.jpg

It was a fucking joke calm the fuck down.

Top Bottom