• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Gamespawn

Just got the Vita version. It reminds me of the difference between 08-09. A couple graphical tweaks, fr smoothed out, controls tightened up, overall optimized.

Hieberrr

never played fifa before, besides at a few friends houses. Is it easy and fun to get into by yourself?

Absolutely. It'll make you love the game of football if you already don't. I play it all the time and started playing online, which is pretty fun if you don't take it too seriously.

Trust me. Get it.

Hieberrr

Fuck me, I suck with manual controls. I'm getting my ass handed to me by people who know how to play and know how to spam volleys (L1+Square)
KuGsj.gif
Online totally isn't for me.

Soi-Fong

Absolutely. It'll make you love the game of football if you already don't. I play it all the time and started playing online, which is pretty fun if you don't take it too seriously.

Trust me. Get it.

Gotta admit. It was FIFA 2010 World Cup that got me into football. Was still one of the best games I have ever played.

bulky3000

Neo Member
Starting off a list of PC players below for team play, leagues, 1v1, anything really. Feel free to add yourself in!

PC Users
1. joeygreco1985 (Origin ID is JoeyGExtra)
2. FCMaxi (Origin ID - FCMaxi)
3. Jaded Alyx (Origin ID - Jaded_Alyx)
4. Khanage (Origin ID - Path_of_Joe)
5. Soi-Fong (Origin ID - Moki-asa)
6. Tragicomedy (Origin ID - Tragicomedy7)
7. PrematureQuiche (Origin ID - PrematureQuiche)
8. L0st Id3ntity (Origin ID - SerialKillerCop)
9. bulky3000 (Origin ID - Kezonrulz)

see you on the pitch later.

Starting off a list of PC players below for team play, leagues, 1v1, anything really. Feel free to add yourself in!

PC Users

see you on the pitch later.

• PC Users
    10. Woodenlung (Origin ID - Woodenlung)

GHG

• PC Users
    11. GHG (Origin ID - OMitchF)

I'm so ready, bring it on!

Hieberrr

Any pointers with playing defence? I suck!

And how the hell do I keep possession. Every time a defender runs at me, they get the ball 90% of the time O__O

And how the hell do I keep possession. Every time a defender runs at me, they get the ball 90% of the time O__O

Press that button that protects the ball.

I think it's R1. Or you can just keep passing it around or learn crazy skill moves.

dc89

UK-GAF - GAME are doing one of those trade 2 games (games are below) in and get FIFA 13 for 99p deals.

- The Amazing Spider-Man (360)
- Dragon’s Dogma (360/PS3)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360/PS3)
- Ghost Recon Future Soldier (360)
- May Payne 3 (360/PS3)
- New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
- Pokemon Black or White (DS)
- Prototype 2 (360/PS3)
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (360/PS3)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (360/PS3)
- Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3)
- The Witcher 2 (360)
- Sniper Elite V2 (360/PS3)

Bumhead

Banned

Defence is about biding your time. If you charge around holding X or Square the AI or other human players will exploit the space you leave. Stand off attackers, us L2 to jockey them and time your tackles well. Learning to defend is like a meta game in itself in FIFA, im having to do the same myself having not played much of 12.

As for keeping posession, take your time, look for space and keep it simple. When taking defenders on, use L2 to give yourself that extra bit of control and space just before the defender reaches you.

Im no expert at FIFA by any stretch of the imagination but im having a bit more success with the above.

PC Users
12. aj2good4you2 (Origin ID - aj2good4you2)

Foshy

Just got the Vita version. It reminds me of the difference between 08-09. A couple graphical tweaks, fr smoothed out, controls tightened up, overall optimized.

If I were to get a FIFA for Vita, should I get the old one cheap or go for FIFA 13 anyway? I heard they're basically the same.

EDIT: Just noticed that Trolley asked the exact same question.

qindarka

Banned
PC Users
13. qindarka (Origin ID - Qindarka)

I really suck though.

Gamespawn

Worth getting, or picking up the first one at about £15? Do the changes warrant the extra money do you think?
If you don't have the first one, I'd say get 13 because it's all-around better. If you just want to play a good enough game, £15 is nothing to sneeze at. I paid $40 for the original seven months ago and think the new one is worth it. Maybe you should get the original cheap now and wait for sales this holiday season to get 13.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Post for the new page:

PS3 Fifa users interested in a tournament/league
1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid
4. benny_a
5. JLG-
6. chancellor
7. foobydoo

Copy the list and add yourself to it if you are interested in it.

Khanage

Post for the new page:

1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid
4. benny_a
5. JLG-
6. chancellor
7. foobydoo

I'm surprised more gaffers are interested in playing it on the pc than on the ps3.

PC Users
14. neva- (Origin ID - nachoneva)

Wow, EGM gave this game a 4/10.

Pretty harsh but I must say that I do understand their criticism about the goals tending to not feel very organic. I think a big part of this is my inability to make use of skill moves though, as I basically have no answer for 1 on 1 situations (playing on World Class difficulty as I have since FIFA 06 or so). Overall I still like the feel of the game though, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.

My favorite thing to do in FIFA is to start a career as a manager of a crappy npower League 2 team and try to work my way up to the Premier League. After spending a lot of time with the demo playing as five star teams I notice a very substantial difference now that I'm using one star Dagenham & Redbridge. The difference has always been there, of course, but it feels more noticeable in this iteration compared to FIFA 11 (the last FIFA I bought) which I really like. I'm sure the first-touch stuff has a lot to do with that.

Wow, Eurogamer gave this game a 4/10.

Pretty harsh but I must say that I do understand their criticism about the goals tending to not feel very organic. I think a big part of this is my inability to make use of skill moves though, as I basically have no answer for 1 on 1 situations (playing on World Class difficulty as I have since FIFA 06 or so). Overall I still like the feel of the game though, and I'm looking forward to spending more time with it.

My favorite thing to do in FIFA is to start a career as a manager of a crappy npower League 2 team and try to work my way up to the Premier League. After spending a lot of time with the demo playing as five star teams I notice a very substantial difference now that I'm using one star Dagenham & Redbridge. The difference has always been there, of course, but it feels more noticeable in this iteration compared to FIFA 11 (the last FIFA I bought) which I really like. I'm sure the first-touch stuff has a lot to do with that.

That's EGM not Eurogamer.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm surprised more gaffers are interested in playing it on the pc than on the ps3.

Pretty much well known that PS3 Fifa users are the smallest percentage on GAF, sucks for us, but ah well. Cozy little tournament.

iFootball

Just finished playing 3 matches in Carrer Mode and 1 match online..

Wow. This year's Fifa is outstanding.

I came to post this... finally last night I got to play some online matches, and this game is definitely solid... I had originally stated that I was not satisfied with the Demo, but now after a couple of days with the game I'm more than satisfied.

FIFA 13 improves over many FIFA 12's shortcomings, as it's much smoother and definitely adds a bit of so-called"random" to many situations, which I believe is actually welcomed because in many cases it actually makes sense... let me share some examples:

• long, crazy fast pass to a player?? it bounces off him...
  • high pass to your player, but don't take the time to position yourself, rotate the player, let go of the sprint button?? it bounces off the player...
  • quick ping-pong passing to a player not in your field of view?? it comes out slow and imprecise
In summary, I believes this year's version is actually forcing FIFA players to actually play better, to take their time planning passes, positioning players, etc... it actually works against those that spammed ping-pong passing, automatic pressing, "magnetic" ball trapping, etc..... And i personally believe this is a good thing, it makes the game more enjoyable and realistic

I'll be back in a few months to complain about how now online players spam new gaps in FIFA 13 lol..

Can anyone tell me how to play ranked H2H matches online in this game? I haven't played FIFA in several years and I couldn't figure this out last night.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
PC Users
15. Mr Cola (Origin ID - nukemonkey)

G.Newell

Quick question, I pre-ordered the ultimate edition and got my key today, ive registered it but as im from the UK I cant play till Friday. Can we vpn trick it like last year to play early?

skynidas

Banned
1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid
4. benny_a
5. JLG-
6. chancellor
7. foobydoo
8. skynidas

thaOwner

Post for the new page:

1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid
4. benny_a
5. JLG-
6. chancellor
7. foobydoo
8.Sgtkl4w
Took the number 8 spot.

Toma

1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid
4. benny_a
5. JLG-
6. chancellor
7. foobydoo
8. skynidas
9. thaOwner

Btw, currently we do not yet have a person who wants to organize the tournament setup. If anyone is up for it, feel free to volunteer. (You can just steal the setup from the 360 guys.)

Ragus

Banned
1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid
4. benny_a
5. JLG-
6. chancellor
7. foobydoo
8. skynidas
9. thaOwner
10. Sekmitarz

cyen

PC Users
15. Mr Cola (Origin ID - nukemonkey)
16. cyen (Origin ID - cyenz)

Top Bottom