• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Meier

Wow, I'm amazed at how many PC users there are! Who knew? I bought NBA 2k12 on the cheap for PC and it works great with my 360 controller but I didn't realize so many people bought new sports titles upon release. EA's decision to create Origin was obviously a very good one.

Kind of disappointing to see regular Career Manager mode getting the shaft for features. All the focus seems to be on Ultimate Team mode since it generates recurring revenue.

All I want is an online co op career manager mode. So my friends and I can manage a single team together that is saved online. The addition of server side saves for the Pro Club mode gives me hope that they would extend the server side saves to a Co Op Career mode.

Kind of disappointing to see regular Career Manager mode getting the shaft for features. All the focus seems to be on Ultimate Team mode since it generates recurring revenue.

All I want is an online co op career manager mode. So my friends and I can manage a single team together that is saved online. The addition of server side saves for the Pro Club mode gives me hope that they would extend the server side saves to a Co Op Career mode.

Umm have you played it? Player Career has changed a ton with Virtual Pro exclusiveness.

Manager Mode has a lot of revamp, like getting rid of that shitty morale bar.

Umm have you played it? Player Career has changed a ton with Virtual Pro exclusiveness.

I meant in regards to moving things forward and more online focused. It is still strictly an offline mode it seems. All of those little tweaks have gone on every year, half the time two steps forward three steps back. It is the only mode I play and therefore the only one I care about. Just want to manage a team together with friends, not do Pro Club and Ultimate crap.

Pretty basic features are needed
-Server side save of your Manager mode
-Set which friends can access and play it
-Allow up to 4 player, hell even 2 player would be fine, online co op.

Edit: Can you even do online co op against an AI team? Couldn't even do that with the last FIFA. So stupid.

I've never really given Ultimate Team a shot but I'm thinking about trying it out this year. I have a question though; is it basically an online focused mode or is it still worth playing (if it's possible at all) in single player? I'm not really interested in playing the mode online but if it's a fun SP experience I might try it out.

Player Career mode doesn't feel very deep to me....you have more control over the team/tactics in regular offline games.

Just feels like a regular extended tournament mode with the added novelty of having a custom created player in one position. Maybe I need to look a bit more at it though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yes, I'd like so much to have infos about FIFA 13 on 3DS. Just to understand if it's shitty or really shitty. Knowing EA and portables, I'm ready for the worst XD

Didn't like how I had to scream "substitution" just to activate kinect sub Menu. Then scream three other commands just for a sub.

How is the PC version compared to the 360 version. GMG has the PC version for $32 with a coupon right now and I was considering double dipping with the 360 version I already have. Any thoughts?

How is the PC version compared to the 360 version. GMG has the PC version for $32 with a coupon right now and I was considering double dipping with the 360 version I already have. Any thoughts?

PC version is feature-identical to the Xbox version, you'll just get the extra PC bells and whistles (super high framerates, anti-aliasing, etc.).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
First time playing a FIFA game since ... Well, let's say it's my first time playing an EA Sports game this generation.

Where should I start? The interactive tutorials? Should I try two button mode first or should I just try to learn the proper controls the hard way?

madmackem

First time playing a FIFA game since ... Well, let's say it's my first time playing an EA Sports game this generation.

Where should I start? The interactive tutorials? Should I try two button mode first or should I just try to learn the proper controls the hard way?

Learn the hard way mate, try the skill games might give you a better chance to get hold of the controls.

PC version is feature-identical to the Xbox version, you'll just get the extra PC bells and whistles (super high framerates, anti-aliasing, etc.).

Thanks. I finally have a laptop capable of running new games really well, and kind of liked the thought of having a copy of FIFA I can play anywhere. Will the EA Sports Football Club sync between my PC and 360 copy?

GG-Duo

Local multiplayer is available (as long as your friend has a copy of the game too), but there's no online multiplayer in this version.

Amazon.com said:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007T3MT9Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Multiplayer Support - Enjoy multiplayer action with friends online, and through a local wireless connection.

wtf

Yeah, except that there's a bug in the PC version: there's no commentary/narration. Going into options, you'll see that the commentary region is marked as "undefined". Couldn't get it to work yesterday.

iFootball

Need some people to play with on PS3...add me my PSN is plbelanger :)
PS3 Fifa users interested in a tournament/league
1. Toma
2. kingslunk
3. Archimedean Solid - (PSN: NullPointer)
4. benny_a
5. JLG-
6. chancellor
7. foobydoo
8. skynidas
9. thaOwner
10. Sekmitarz
11. IDrinkItUp
I thought I'd add my PSN to the list, as I'm OK if any of you wants to add me

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should I make a goalie for Career?

I could see it being either a) real boring or b) having unrealistic expectations of me

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I could see it being either a) real boring or b) having unrealistic expectations of me

Cant you still play the matches with the full team and only your dude in the goal? Wouldnt be that boring then.

I haven't tried, but I think it's still very hard to get a good match rating as a goalkeeper, and a lot of goalkeeper accomplishments rely on match rating and man of the match.

Hieberrr

Still no online multiplayer. EA WTF!

Graphics looks horrible, looks like a lazy effort! Dunno how the reviewer can call it the best footy game on the 3DS.

Doesnt sound like it beats PES at all!

Looks like PES 2013 for me then. Will feel outdated with the tech but least the gameplay is solid and I need a handheld footy fix!
Best because it's probably the only footy game for the 3DS.

Soi-Fong

PC Users
1. joeygreco1985 (Origin ID is JoeyGExtra)
2. FCMaxi (Origin ID - FCMaxi)
3. Jaded Alyx (Origin ID - Jaded_Alyx)
4. Khanage (Origin ID - Path_of_Joe)
5. Soi-Fong (Origin ID - Moki-asa)
6. Tragicomedy (Origin ID - Tragicomedy7)
7. PrematureQuiche (Origin ID - PrematureQuiche)
8. L0st Id3ntity (Origin ID - SerialKillerCop)
9. bulky3000 (Origin ID - Kezonrulz)
10. Woodenlung (Origin ID - Woodenlung)
11. GHG (Origin ID - OMitchF)
12. aj2good4you2 (Origin ID - aj2good4you2)
13. qindarka (Origin ID - Qindarka)
14. neva- (Origin ID - nachoneva)
15. Mr Cola (Origin ID - nukemonkey)
16. cyen (Origin ID - cyenz)

Got a lot of PC players. Nice. Should be enough for clubs.

hyogen

Neo Member
how is the vita version? worth getting if i didn't get the first? i'm not in a rush to play a football game.. should i wait for fifa 14?

Dinokill

Please I need help!!!

I created a player but I don't see it in player career mode or skill mode! Do I have to keep the player's attributes untouched?

Would the player evolve like Fifa 12 where the more games you play the more skills you gain for that particular player?

Soi-Fong

how is the vita version? worth getting if i didn't get the first? i'm not in a rush to play a football game.. should i wait for fifa 14?

Worth it if you didn't get the launch FIFA, otherwise save your money or get either the PS3, 360 or PC versions of the game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Apparently Fifa 13 vita is Fifa 12 with a squad update, missing all kinds of new features.

Dont expect Fifa 14 to be much different on the handhelds mate.

This is EA remember! Will be another lazy effort.

I have never played a FIFA game before but having become more of a fan thanks to the MLS (go Galaxy!) I decided to pick this up. I pre-ordered with Best Buy so I got 10,000 coins to buy stuff. What would be my best options?

I'm sure to have a ton of questions once I get into the game, but I'll reiterate a question from above: Is Ultimate Team primarily an online mode? Can you play it single player? Is it something where you can buy packs and pick the players you want to use or are you stuck with one pack at a time?

JLG-

I love how it saves your lineup and settings in h2h seasons now. It was a pain in the ass having to change it every time i wanted to play.

Top Bottom