• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.50 Suspend/Resume Coming March/April

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Those are great for additional features to the update, but this 2.50 better bring some actual features other then a way to switch off the PS4.

Those are great for additional features to the update, but this 2.50 better bring some actual features other then a way to switch off the PS4.

Lol.

Most requested feature gets added, but the update better bring some actual features.

neogaf.gif

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
OS level button configuration for games sounds sweet on top of Suspend/Resume and 0% Trophy Deleting, I'm happy enough with that for now.

I don't see how that will work, the online nature of souls games means there's no pause function, that's a lot of invasions overnight.

Dark Souls games play fine offline, you just miss out on the online features. And suspend isn't the same as pausing, the game doesn't run in the background at the same time, it is frozen from when you suspend and doesn't do anything till you come back. For an online only game this would kick you out completely, for a game with online features it would usually just disconnect you and then try to reconnect when you resume it.

Card Boy

Banned
Delete trophies with zero percent.
Search trophy details on the internet, including screenshots of scenes with trophies.
SharePlay at 60 frames per second.
Share trophy details and screenshots.

YES!

You should be able to delete games with Trophies that are 10% or under. Sometimes you get abit into a game and realise it's shit.

-griffy-

Banned

Suspend/resume is one of the MAJOR features for new gen consoles that they talked about when they debuted the PS4 publicly for the first time. I don't know how that doesn't qualify as an "actual" feature.

You should be able to delete games with Trophies that are 10% or under. Sometimes you get abit into a game and realise it's shit.

I don't want to delete any trophies, but it would be nice to be able to "hide" that particular game from your list"

That's great for share play and remote play(possibly) and also makes sense seeing as ps now could do this kind of stuff at 60fps

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

I would imagine the reason you can't is that those that have ANY percentage have already been integrated into a much deeper and more complex infrastructure. Those with 0% haven't.

Shin-Ra

This was my proposal a while back:

PNG screenshot capture.

Delete trophy lists:
0% (no limit)
≤20% completion (2 per year)
>20% completion (1 per year)

Deleted games are moved to a 'are you sure?' list, an email is sent to notify the account holder and after three months the trophy list is deleted permanently.

cakely

No DLNA
No Local Video Playback
Lack of folders or better way to organise stuff
No support for external drives
No universal remote support
crappy web browser
Can't change PSN name
make my own themes instead of having to pay for them
No PNG Screenshots
wheres my Twitch app
No progress bars in trophies

The big one you missed (for me anyway) is "notify when someone on your friends list comes online".

first step to recovery is to admit that you played that game. lol

I swear I only played Aabs Animals because of the easy gold trophies :(

ndt9.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Suspend/resume is one of the MAJOR features for new gen consoles that they talked about when they debuted the PS4 publicly for the first time. I don't know how that doesn't qualify as an "actual" feature.
I know people have been banging on about it but I don't use it on Vita or Playstation TV so it's not a major feature to me or people that won't use it, so 2.50 would be adding nothing really.

I know people have been banging on about it but I don't use it on Vita or Playstation TV so it's not a major feature to me or people that won't use it, so 2.50 would be adding nothing really.

In that case I have no desire or need for DLNA or external HDD support so hopefully they don't waste time on those useless features either.

muteki

Really curious what improvements they must be making to Remote Play under the hood, since performance is questionable at 30 fps, much less 60.

This is important considering they are selling the stuff on PSN now. If a little machine like the Raspberry Pi can emulate PS1 games with no problems then the PS4 has no excuse.

Eurogamer claimed it was being worked on last year, but there hasn't been any word since that I have heard. It seems like such an obvious thing, but Sony never seems to mention it.

Danlord

I'd just like to put out there that improving SHAREplay to 60fps is going to be a huge thing next year, specifically Q2 2016 when Morpheus releases.

Think about it, VR is going to be a social thing like the REACT and TheFineBros channels on YouTube where its showing peoples reactions to VR games and plenty of other Let's Plays.
The PS4 outputs an unwarped 60fps image from the Morpheus and live-streaming this will really emphasis the social nature of all of this, and make it a lot more fluid in watching streamers and lets plays in the future with the likes of Outlast 2 and Silent Hills for example in VR.

Hexa

This was my proposal a while back:

Saving trophy data probably isn't very hard but deleting without fucking things up could be annoyingly complicated. What about just giveing everyone the ability to soft delete as many trophies as they want by moving them to a archive list or something like that that never disappears but the trophies are never seen unless that specific user goes to their archive list which is completely separate from the other trophy list so it isn't annoying in the slightest or starts playing the game again. And 0% trophies can be deleted permanently as in this update as no complicated issues there. Are there any benefits to permanently deleting trophies that I'm missing?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Everyone always want generic stuff from future firmware updates. I've always struggled to understand the point in 'levels' when it comes to trophies, so why not give them a good reason to exist? For every level you go up you are awarded $1 or £1. And to boost online activity and make everyone extremely jolly, make it retroactive.

Call it a Christmas present.

Top Bottom