• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.50 Suspend/Resume Coming March/April

Just a guess but zooming could zoom the picture in at an OS level. This could be useful with letterbox games like The Order or The Evil Within - setting the zoom to something like 20% would hide the borders (and also some of the screen on the left and right).

Mh, I would rather guess this is similar to the zoom in the web browser for the OS and potentially games.

What you describe can kinda be already done by using wrong over/underscan settings in the OS.

More likely it's to make small text easier to read on small TVs and again, help people with disabilities/eye problems (there's something similar for Windows/Mac).

Fuck off with this trash

O to cancel FTW

Some of us that have spent the majority of their Playstation years playing Japanese games would like to politely disagree.

Also I can't wait to get rid of those trophy sets with 0%. I also wish I could delete those that came from demos but popped a single trophy; I'm looking at your Persona 4 Arena and Capcom's Arcade Cabinet.

Vire

Add shit no one asks for, forgets about promised DLNA.

Button mapping is an awesome surprise addition though.

PensOwl

Banned
Yeah...

B_cp3wEU0AE2XUR.jpg:orig

Damn that is some next level shit

Kyoufu

Now you can map the run/evade button to X in the western versions of Dark Souls II and Bloodborne.

Thank you Sony. <3

Skux

Whats that ? And why everyone freaks out ?

Some people prefer alternate triggers, and many shooter games don't let you switch them.

Japanese import games use circle to confirm and X to cancel, which is opposite the Western defaults, and you could fix this.

You could even get creative and swap the the whole d-pad with the face buttons if you really wanted to, for a complete left-handed experience.

Mh, I can't see this being very useful for when you switch between different games.
Sure, this allows you to fix a specific problem in a specific game that doesn't have mapping, but won't this fuck up all other games then? Plus the button prompts in games won't change either I guess.
If it's anything like the Vita, then it saves your settings on a per-game basis.

TomRL

Banned
All these features a pretty good. It makes the system act like more of a games-dedicated machine. And I never thought they would give us the button configuration feature in the OS itself. Sony and Microsoft don't normally like giving us freedoms like that. There's still a long way to go though.

BokehKing

Banned
Ah ha, didn't see that. Been sitting on this for a couple of days while Bish verified. Lol.
I want to know how the "bish verified' process works

I just imagine that Samuel L Jackson face just pops up at someone's door like

"this true?"

While gripping the ban hammer with the strength of a thousand gods

Toki767

So can we switch the analog stick controls to the d-pad?

I hate when 2D sidescrolling games force you to use the analog stick for movement.

DieH@rd

Banned
Whats that ? And why everyone freaks out ?

I really did not like that Demon/Angel aura were binded to L2/R2 on DmC [on PC]. So I used custom x360 controller emulator to move those effects on L1/R1.

I got 100% better experience with the game.

No DLNA
No Local Video Playback
Lack of folders or better way to organise stuff
No support for external drives
No universal remote support
crappy web browser
Can't change PSN name
make my own themes instead of having to pay for them
No PNG Screenshots
wheres my Twitch app
No progress bars in trophies

DLNA is a big one for me and I hope it won't take until the next big content update that could potentially hit as late as August going by their current firmware schedule......... :p :(

Screenshots would be nice or at least anything with less compression than we currently have. I guess external HDDs would be nice although I first would upgrade the internal one.

Meh for the rest. Folders would have been something I want if I hadn't gotten used to searching for a specific game via voice recognition. Works rather well even for me as a non-native English speaker and beats even folder structures in speed.

I would also like to group my friends, or have a favorite setting that only includes people I sent a real name request to. At least if they will add settings like "user x is now online" or that existing "started party chat" one. Because those are useless if I get the notifications for ALL people I have in my friendlist.

Darknight

Yep, also shorter throw. I can press r1 faster than r2.

edit: Honestly, I think someone should make a new thread. This seriously huge. I've never seen this on a console before.

Did I misread something here but Xbone can do the button config system level already?

Top Bottom