• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GODZILLA PS4 Ultimate mayhem trailer!

Nibiru

Banned
I am a huge Godzilla fan and to me this game is Day 1. I know it won't be a masterpiece but from what i have read and seen of reviews of the ps3 version it plays pretty good.

Huge difference for the ps4 is that you can use all the monsters as opposed to just Godzilla and for me this is a huge selling point.

Rampage-_World_Tour_-_1997_-_Midway_Games.jpg

OMG THANK YOU!

Nostalgia overload :D

Tizoc

No King Kong is a huge bummer. Obviously I know why, but I was hoping they'd have some sort of 'ape that uses electricity powers that is totally not king kong you guys'

I need to see this clip of King Kong using his electricity powers.

Anung

Un Rama
Day one. Don't care if its guff as long as I can smash shit with big monsters.

All about supporting that G-thang.

KR_remix

This is completely correct.

I thought I read somewhere that he was supposed to replace Godzilla for the Heisei run, but they cut the run short so that the American reboot would have some breathing room. I can't seem to find the source though. :/

Also I have no idea why they brought back Minya for Final Wars instead of Godzilla Jr.

The Gamera Trilogy from then is fantastic, especially the effects. Those films were made in lower budget than the Godzilla films but the effects were amazing.

Gamera 3 is trash, 1&2 are some of the best toku films ever made though. Would be cool to get Gamera and Legion in a game like this.

Holy shit, there's actually a nice attention to detail for this image. They remembered to keep the right eye broken.

In the movie Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 2, Rodan takes out one of its eyes before it merges with the jet thing to become Super MechaGodzilla

Already sold, but now I'm extra sold

nice!

gotta spread da word fellas

godzilla ps4 is gonna be off da hook yo!

Sephzilla

Minya also caused this, which was even worse than '98:

godzillas_revenge.gif

When one of my friends started a marathon of Godzilla movies (he's barely seen any before) he randomly started with this movie. After he told me what he did, I responded with "look on the bright side, it only goes uphill from here"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
When one of my friends started a marathon of Godzilla movies (he's barely seen any before) he randomly started with this movie. After he told me what he did, I responded with "look on the bright side, it only goes uphill from here"

Oh god LOL

Godzilla's Revenge is what you would get if you made a monkey paw wish to watch a Godzilla movie.

I'm a huge Godzilla fan, I've seen all but maybe one or two of the films, most multiple times. I love the new movie. I want this game.

But not really for a whole 60 bucks. Even on PS3 it looked dated, and it doesnt look very meaty when it comes to content. I'm going to cry myself to sleep and wait to get it used on ebay.

I remember howling when I saw this but now I kinda like Zilla as a kaiju but not as godzilla .

Yeah ever since they sort of folded Zilla into Godzilla's kaiju rogues gallery, I'm a fan. He's a fun enemy of Godzilla with his own origin movie!

Hazelhurst

Graphics just don't look that great for a next-gen game. Is it just me? Seems like a great game for Godzilla fans though.

When does pre-loading generally become available for games that support it? Pre-ordered and the dynamic theme you get is pretty rad.

Snaku

Banned
When does pre-loading generally become available for games that support it? Pre-ordered and the dynamic theme you get is pretty rad.

Preordered as well after I got my $15 promo code from Sony. I was wondering about the preload thing as well, it says it supports it but there's a countdown clock on it that ends at midnight of the release day.

The dynamic theme is rad as fuck, worth the preorder alone.

Preordered as well after I got my $15 promo code from Sony. I was wondering about the preload thing as well, it says it supports it but there's a countdown clock on it that ends at midnight of the release day.

The dynamic theme is rad as fuck, worth the preorder alone.
The clock just tells you when you can play it. If it's preloadable, it'll happen automatically a day or three before launch.

Stiler

Looking forward to this, hope its fun.

Reminds me of an old Godzilla game I used to play on the genesis or snes I believe. It was similar to this in terms of selecting from a bunch of different Godzilla characters and it even had an Ultraman like character in it (not sure if it was ultraman or not).

Can't remember the name of that game though.

edit - I finally found it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpkyLJsiHSw

King of Monsters. It wasn't actually Godzilla, but a bunch of rip offs (Godzilla like character, king kong like character, and an ultraman rip off).

I remember loving it though.

Reminds me of an old Godzilla game I used to play on the genesis or snes I believe. It was similar to this in terms of selecting from a bunch of different Godzilla characters and it even had an Ultraman like character in it (not sure if it was ultraman or not).
I would've guessed that character is Jet Jaguar, but I don't think he appeared in video game form until the PSX era.

I had a blast with Godzilla: Save the Earth in the days of the original Xbox, so I'm tempted to pick up this game too, although it's hard for me to justify that $60 price tag for reheated last-gen leftovers.

Edit - nevermind! You updated your post. :)

Ricky 7

I actually hope it plays like the GameCube Godzilla game, that was pretty fun with 4 players.

Also this game has like 4 Mecha-Godzillas lol or does Kiryu count as a Godzilla since he's the original 1954 one?

Lhadatt

No local? And no reviews when we're five days from release? No sale.

I need to be able to trash cities as kaiju with my buddy in couch co-op or versus. I'll load up a King of Monsters game on one of the many platforms they're available on instead. Maybe I'll download this when it hits PS+ in a few months.

Horrible movie, but worse than 98? Heeeeeeeell nah! 98 is up there with Charlie's Angels and Showgirls as one of the worst big budget movies of all time.

Charlie's Angels is way more redeemable than the others. Not to mention it got a SQL (or two sqls, I can't remember).

On topic: anywhere I can go to get feedback? The preorder on the PS Store is constantly tormenting me.

Top Bottom