• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Refund Tally

Vitor711

Steam Refunds:
Season Pass: 0
Base Game: 7
Premium Edition: 1

GMG Refunds:
Season Pass: 3
Base Game: 17
Premium Edition: 1

So since Steam refunds are a thing now, I thought it would be interesting to keep a tally of how many people have actually requested their money back. This would be an interesting way to see how much of a financial impact something like a bad PC port can have on a publisher/Dev.

Anyone who has requested a refund on Steam, please let me know. Unfortunately, I can't seem to add a Poll, so just type a message and I'll tally up as we go along. For anyone who bought the game elsewhere (i.e. GMG), do the same thing for refund requests (even if they're not gauranteed). I'll keep track of the *potential* lost revenue there as well. As you can see from my support ticket with them below, those might actually happen regardless.

Hello Vitor711,

We know that you have experienced problems with Batman: Arkham Knight, which we know is frustrating. Rest assured that we are speaking with Warner Bros, who are working to resolve the problems. We ask you to be patient and wait for the update, which we hope will be released shortly. The link below is the official response from WB Interactive.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341

We have also detailed a bunch of tweaks, which you can do to your machine, which may get you up and running sooner.

http://blog.playfire.com/2015/06/batman-arkham-knight-pc-guidelines.html

We want you to enjoy, your game, but if after the fix has been released, you still cannot play your game, we will process your request for a refund.

Regards,
Chiara

Green Man Gaming & Playfire
Customer Service

bigkrev

Bought my key from a different third party seller, and doubt they will do refunds. I'm just considering my $30 to be a sunk cost that i'm never getting back, and bought the PS4 version of the game last night.

I bought mine off a gaffer who received it for free from Nvidia so no refund for me.

It was only $30 so I went ahead an bought the PS4 version since it was 20% off on Amazon.ca

CeeSaw

I bought mine off a gaffer who received it for free from Nvidia so no refund for me.

It was only $30 so I went ahead an bought the PS4 version since it was 20% off on Amazon.ca

The game is broken for me so I should reward the devs by purchasing another copy.

I got it with my GFX card - any refund there?

They don't add the price of the game to the cost of the card. I think it's meant to be a free perk.

The game is broken for me so I should reward the devs by purchasing another copy.

PS4 version sounds great. I know it's not sending a good message to the publisher but I really want to play it.

Also, the initial PC purchase is money they will never see.

jayvo

Plan to refund via GMG as soon as the patch hits. I'm not too optimistic that this initial patch will fix this broken mess of a game.

EMT0

Banned
They don't add the price of the game to the cost of the card. I think it's meant to be a free perk.

PS4 version sounds great. I know it's not sending a good message to the publisher but I really want to play it.

And here I was hoping to get some money back to drive the point across :/

epmode

Barring a miracle, I'll be requesting a GMG refund of the premium release as soon as possible.

Not buying the PS4 version.

OP, the fact that they won't give you your money back right away ticks me off to no end. That's not right. It may be legal, I don't know, but it feels f'n wrong. Sorry dude, I'm fired up for you lol!

Good luck

Gold_Loot

The developer didn't see a single red cent for the copy he bought. He "rewarded" the developer by buying the version of the game made in house.

It's his money, he can spend it how he sees fit.

glaurung

Those "tweaks" that WB has released on the Steam Community and also on GMG's blog are ridiculous.

They now say that you cannot even enable any of the advanced graphics options! As if those options are there as a mistake! Fuck them.

d1rtn4p

I got the base game from nuuvem, so I don't think I can get a refund. I am refunding the season pass from GMG though.

This is going to have to be a hell of a patch for me to not get a refund and go buy the PS4 version like I should have in the first place. Only got it on PC since GMG had a great deal on the collector's edition.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I got it with my GFX card - any refund there?

You're definitely not getting any money back. But I sent Nvidia customer support an email asking for them to offer me another game instead of this one. Fat chance but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also realized if that were to happen it could very well be a Ubisoft title to be offered in it's place. Oh, the irony.

That sucks for GMG, people getting to get refunds but still activating the game on their account and being able to play it when it is finally (hopefully) patched.

Chariot

You're definitely not getting any money back. But I sent Nvidia customer support an email asking for them to offer me another game instead of this one. Fat chance but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also realized if that were to happen it could very well be a Ubisoft title to be offered in it's place. Oh, the irony.
I'll do the same when I get home. The game actually runs ok on my system, bt I won't stand for this attitude. Even if it's not possible, a bit noise can't hurt.

doomquake

i got a refund after 59 minutes of play. thought i would try the new system out and it works. got my money back including taxes after 7 hours (there is a review period).

laughed at how simple the refund process is and the reason for a refund that you must select is in a predefined list in a drop down - one of the reasons being "it wasn't fun"
lol

Mononoke

Banned
Got mine free with my GTX 980. Can't get a refund with that. But I support everyone else in asking for a refund. This is port is hot garbage. Just went ahead and bought it on PS4.

Hanzou

Bought my key from a different third party seller, and doubt they will do refunds. I'm just considering my $30 to be a sunk cost that i'm never getting back, and bought the PS4 version of the game last night.
So WB releases a broken game and essentially scams you out of your money and you reward them by giving them and extra $60?

The tally is pretty meaningless when we have things like SteamSpy who may be able to shed some light on refunds. I think it's an interesting topic to have anyway as it is the first broken AAA game since refunds.

Tunavi

Banned
laughed at how simple the refund process is and the reason for a refund that you must select is in a predefined list in a drop down - one of the reasons being "it wasn't fun"
lol
why is that funny? how could you think that is funny at all?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
That sucks for GMG, people getting to get refunds but still activating the game on their account and being able to play it when it is finally (hopefully) patched.

I'm almost 100% positive that Warner Brothers is going to pay GMG for every single refund GMG issues.

That's why GMG is able to offer it.

That's also why there's this stupid "wait for the patch first lol" clause, that was definitely directed by WB.

The fact that GMG is even offering a refund must mean their customer service e-mails have been blasted due to this game...
Well small victories I say!

I'm almost 100% positive that Warner Brothers is going to pay GMG for every single refund GMG issues.

That's why GMG is able to offer it.

That's also why there's this stupid "wait for the patch first lol" clause, that was definitely directed by WB.
Wait for the NPD results clause

Nibiru

Banned
Oh I know, I'm not saying anyone is trying to get over. It just sucks for GMG Warner put out a broken game and they can't get their keys back.

I actually think some kind of agreement was made after it had been confirmed that it is fubar. What I mean is that I don't think gmg will take the full hit for the copies.

I actually think some kind of agreement was made after it had been confirmed that it is fubar. What I mean is that I don't think gmg will take the full hit for the copies.

Hopefully not.

When this happens with physical products there is usual some evidence to send back to the vendor when requesting a credit or replacement. In this case there is nothing besides email back ups of complaints.

I am curious how this is handled with digital items.

Hugstable

Banned
Good stuff, and screw WB. If they can't be assed to pay for a good port, then why the fuck should anyone give them money for their game. Hopefully with a ton of people asking for refunds on this they will finally get the message and stop with shit ports like this and MKX

Good stuff, and screw WB. If they can't be assed to pay for a good port, then why the fuck should anyone give them money for their game. Hopefully with a ton of people asking for refunds on this they will finally get the message and stop with shit ports like this and MKX

I forgot the MKX port was also fucked and it was also WB.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It frustrates me that my free copy with my 970 counts as a sale for these devs.

I wish there was a way to revoke it even if it didn't give me any money back.

kewlmyc

Glad GMG is offering refunds. I think this might be a first for them. Sadly, I might not ever preorder from them again though (or preorder in general). Preorder skins and challenge packs for a character I don't care about just don't feel worth it anymore.

Bad ports happen on every platform.
I remember Skyrim PS3, Bayonetta PS3, Borderlands 2 Vita, Ultra Street Fighter PS4 and many others since my early C64 days.
There's no excuse for developers, they have to understand that this is bad for everyone involved.

Top Bottom