• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT| The Man Who Sold The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
off topic but I love your avatar!

on topic: this wait is killing me.

I keep catching myself opening a tab to look at the bandwidth usage on my router. I stopped and started playing a mobile Marvel game... to kill time.

Just killing time. Literally all I want to do is find the best way to kill time right now.

Ahh, you should have seen me waiting for The Witcher 3 unlock.

Sitting at my computer like:
giphy.gif

I tried a few times to like the first and second Witcher games, and couldn't. So I was fine with that one.

So will I be able to play the game while its preloading? Like if it reaches say 5% will the game allow me to play it while it preloads in the background?

So I bought the pre-order game before midnight here in the EU and my payment was denied for some reason. Can't start the game.

Turns out I can't even add funds to my PSN account from my CC or from paypal (with money on it). This is so weird. I never had any issues with PSN before.

Found it, this guy, just seemed to work all of a sudden.

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to be able to buy now

neoism

lol i slept only three hours last night ima try here in a minute to get a few hours of sleep i really dont want to fuck up my sleep pattern but the hell with it come 12 m im playing until i pass out :p

After 23 hours of BORING ANNOYING playtime.... MGS5 hold the place of the most disappointment game of all time.... congratulation, MGS5 stole the throne from FFXIII.

nOoblet16

Contrary to what most have said I found the prologue to be quite boring, it was too long and needlessly repeated the same moments over and over again. The fact that you had no control didn't help either.

But there's the other fact that the plot progression takes a steep nose dive after the prologue so it's the only thing that has people keep playing (for answers) for the next I donno 5-10 hours before they get another notable plot progression. The game is a perfect example of amazing gameplay and some (when they appear) great moments/levels, couple up with an ass ton of shit i.e. bloated mission and level design, too much wait time behind development, micro transactions.

Wish Kojima never had the idea of Motherbase, that way Peace Walker would not have existed in its current form and MGS5 would have been different.

MGS>MGS3>MGS2>MGS4>MGS5

The first 45 min is as good as it gets. Its a little downhill from there.

After 23 hours of BORING ANNOYING playtime.... MGS5 hold the place of the most disappointment game of all time.... congratulation, MGS5 stole the throne from FFXIII.

The honeymoon period is over, hours before release.

Edit: 23 hours? You must've blown through the game (must play missions only) considering a lot of people have said they were at like 5 - 10% at that point.

MGS is my favorite series of all time but I would like to know for the people who love the cutscenes so much, how would you do MGS5? knowing that the context of this game is you coming back as a legend and rebuilding what you lost. I mean in that context, I see no other way to do it than what Kojima did and he succeeded in that, you feel like you're Big Boss in every sense. There is still crazy shit happening with the story but it's spread out and it's heading in a very interesting direction so far. Much better than the base game this was built on which is PW, like megatons better in terms of gameplay, cutscenes, bosses and story.

Furthermore, it plays like a dream with more options to do things than you can think of.

EDIT: The replay value for this game is insane and that's without FOB or MGO.

OK screw this I'm going to bed(until the the game unlocks then I'll be up all night). You guys are great and I'll be back tomorrow to share my spoiler free impressions.

So is the server ever going live? Had the game for most of a week and still no way to import GZ save, codes from both games still don't work and I still can't connect to any server.

artsi

I'm spending my last hours before TPP playing the original MGS and man, that game had some good looking puddles for it's time.

NJgKBDA.jpg

Too bad there's no SSR in the console versions of TPP (except in the few select scenes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom