• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activisions mis-information on Nuketown Exclusivity to Game.co.uk in the UK

Tak3n

Banned
Hey,

so the last few days Activision have said all pre orders would receive the Nuketown map, but Tesco and one other have confirmed their version does not come with the Map, so website done a investigation and it appears it is looking likely Game have locked down the Nuketown Map until Spring 2016, which if confirmed is a crummy move as the game is £50 on there, vs £35 avaliable elsewhere

http://ukvgdeals.com/2015/11/black-ops-3-and-nuketown-pre-order-exclusivity/

So with Black Ops 3 round the corner and the hype train in full motion many of us have pre-ordered Black Ops 3- whether that be on PC or Console, last-gen or current gen. And many of us may be expecting to receive the much anticipated Nuketown pre-order bonus map. Quite of few of us may be disappointed come release day however when we find our pre-order copy is just the bog-standard edition. Turns out Nuketown is (maybe?) exclusive to GAME for physical copies in the UK (digital is unaffected).

Confused? So were we, especially after seeing numerous ads stating ‘Pre-order and get the Nuketown bonus map’ – nothing about exclusivity at GAME. If you add in the fact that previous CoDs all launched with the bonus map included in pre-orders at all retailers this certainly seems like some shady business on Activision’s part.

Here is a typical ad/post from the official Call of Duty facebook page, similar to those that you will see on other social media sites. What noticeable is the tiny small print in the video, visible for about 2 seconds, that states it’s a GAME exclusive until spring 2016.

https://twitter.com/Tesco/status/661618619936350208?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Update 2: Another online retailer got in contact with us privately to let us know their copies wouldn’t contain nuk3town as another seller has exclusivity.

domstah

Well obviously Nuk3town is planned to be released to everyone in Spring 2016, pre-order or not.

Something I'm surprised they didn't do with the free map with Advanced Warfare.

Alienous

I thought it came with all pre-orders. "Pre-order to get NUK3TOWN".

Well shit, I must have been mistaken, Activision.

_DiGiTaL_

This doesn't seem like an activision issue this issue seems like it is the retailers fault. Almost every retailer is giving the preorder bonus but not this one? How is that Activision's fault?

liquidtmd

Banned
This is straight up false advertising on Activision's part, is it not?

It is. The ads have been everywhere for this and not a mention of Game exclusivity.

Activision really need to make a statement on this matter. This is grade A bullshit.

I still wouldn't have bought through Game but it would have been nice to know. It is Activision's fault as article after article has stated 'preorder and get...' - if it was Game exclusive, Activision's PR team should have been jumping on them

MattyH

But what about the hardened edition ive seen videos on youtube of unboxing and theres a nuketown leaflet inside

Activision screwed up and should slap GAME down offering something else instead to GAME customers.
Fuck this, surely the ASA has something to say about this??!
The ASA only has the power to force companies to update misleading ads. I contacted them over the Nuke Town Wii U bait and switch. As long as retailers are displaying the current information (and presumably offering customers a way to cancel as a result of buyer's remorse) there's nothing more they can do. But Activision would causing a good of annoyance to not honour their promise.

edit. I also think it's a really dick move for Activision Support to defer customers to retailers when they clearly know what the situation is.

thenameDS

Guess my copy from SimplyGames won't come with the code. But I only payed £35 and it's coming tomorrow.

But fuck GAME with their bad prices and exclusive bullshit, only reason I don't wish for them to shut down is because I don't want people to lose jobs.

LoveCake

I am 99% positive that when i looked at CoD:BO3 a few weeks back it said that "Nuketown" was "only available at GAME"

I hope this doesn't once again start a GAME hate thread, this was entirely Activisions decision, there is no way GAME could've forced this on Activision.

This doesn't seem like an activision issue this issue seems like it is the retailers fault. Almost every retailer is giving the preorder bonus but not this one? How is that Activision's fault?

What the hell are you even talking about?

GAME exclusive

This is about the bonus being locked to a single retailer, not a single retailer not having it.

it is looking likely Game have locked down the Nuketown Map until Spring 2016

Wait, what? I thought it was a pre-order bonus at launch and then y'know, opened up later for purchase and/or released for free after a month or so. Did that not happen with BLOPS 2? I forget.

I went for getting it somewhere else for £35 because yeah, one map (that's kind've played out at this point) is not worth £15 alone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You've misunderstood. The issue isn't that other UK retailers are withholding the map but rather they're not being given it. They can't withhold something they don't have access to. ;)

Hasney

This is ridiculous for a map. If you're in the UK, how often are you going to be able to find games on it with a decent ping since only pre-orders from one retailer will be on it?

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
This is ridiculous for a map. If you're in the UK, how often are you going to be able to find games on it with a decent ping since only pre-orders from one retailer will be on it?

Don't even try to go against this with logic. Money beats logic every single time.

Do you get Nuketown if you go digital in the UK? Exclusive retailer content in general is annoying. But exclusive multiplayer maps are borderline criminal. This kind of shit shows real contempt for the players.

Hasney

Do you get Nuketown if you go digital in the UK? Exclusive retailer content in general is annoying. But exclusive multiplayer maps are borderline criminal. This kind of shit shows real contempt for the players.

No mention of it, even in the deluxe version.

Does the code come in the copy or as an e-mailed code, cos, you know, buy it from GAME and just return it, keep the code.

It's not worth it, as you'd have a small fraction of people who own the game to play with on the map anyway

Tak3n

Banned
When you select to preorder under the Nuk3town section on this site, it gives you the option of either GAME or Amazon. Misleading as fuck https://www.callofduty.com/uk/en/blackops3/home

yep, Activision have been asked copious times, and they are still telling mis-information, they simply say you will get it from Amazon...

Amazon say no you wont, however you will from Amazon France...so this tells me the reps simply dont know what they are talking about, or are not allowed to tell the truth

Tak3n

Banned
Does the code come in the copy or as an e-mailed code, cos, you know, buy it from GAME and just return it, keep the code.

Game are known for being cunts instore, and they will be well aware of this and I would not be surprised if they refused a refund until they checked the code had not been redemmed

robo

fuck that, ordered from simplygames for the youngen, hes gonna be pissed today as it should be here.

If true thats some bullshit, but doesn't surprise me that game are involved.

Tak3n

Banned
fuck that, ordered from simplygames for the youngen, hes gonna be pissed today as it should be here.

If true thats some bullshit, but doesn't surprise me that game are involved.

update us please...

But so far.. Asda, Tesco, Shopto and Amazon have all said their version is not the Nuketown version

Hasney

You might get lucky with Simply/TGC/GameSeek orders just because it's sometimes European stock. Not sure what the situation is in Europe if it's limited to one retailer or several.

Newlove

I had no idea...I'm not paying £50 for a GAME copy. I have it pre-ordered on Amazon and expected to get it. That was not very clearly advertised, I feel misled.

Well aren't we glad people just keep on preordering.

Exclusive this, exclusive that, BS anyway. I mean still better than special editions you have to pay extra for coming with digital goodies but I digress.

Dunkers92

Game are known for being cunts instore, and they will be well aware of this and I would not be surprised if they refused a refund until they checked the code had not been redemmed

Well thank you for the sweeping generalisation. We're not all bad.

I'm surprised that many people didn't realise the nuketown map was exclusive to GAME for a time. Pretty bad advertising from Activision. GAME themselves have been very clear about having the Nuketown map exclusive

Tak3n

Banned
Well thank you for the sweeping generalisation. We're not all bad.

I'm surprised that many people didn't realise the nuketown map was exclusive to GAME for a time. Pretty bad advertising from Activision. GAME themselves have been very clear about having the Nuketown map exclusive

sorry no offence, but are you saying that you guys wont insist on the codes being returned as well?

Hahaha got to give credit to Activision with how they've managed to cleverly dupe folks into pre ordering Blops 3 for Nuketown and keeping exclusivity quiet.

Fuck Game in general but I ain't even mad at them this time.

Acti you sly devils.

Jacknapes

It doesn't surprise me, GAME seemingly get most "exclusive" pre-order bonus's. But this is certainly shady on Activisions part, having seen the Black Ops III ad numerous times, it doesn't mention once that Nuketown is exclusive to GAME pre-orders. Me thinks it needs investigating.

update us please...

But so far.. Asda, Tesco, Shopto and Amazon have all said their version is not the Nuketown version

I've just checked my shopto pre order.... It does not mention anything about Nuketown. I am going to be very pissed if my copy does not include the Nuketown code !!

Top Bottom