• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley |OT| Resting Under a Harvest Moon [Up: now on PS4]

Does anyone have a link to the character portrait mod Spacepirate Ridley made earlier this year? I used them in my first playthrough and I had to reinstall everything shortly afterwards so I lost my folder containing it.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Has the xbox patch gone live yet?

Nothing yet.

Does anyone have a link to the character portrait mod Spacepirate Ridley made earlier this year? I used them in my first playthrough and I had to reinstall everything shortly afterwards so I lost my folder containing it.

Great job by SpacePirate Ridley, and I'm glad to dig out his post:

FINALLY!

Sorry guys for taking some more days than I thought. Finished with Haley yesterday night (at 2am) and, then had to do this morning some edits and wrong things I saw in the other sprite sheets, and edited some of the ingame sprites (like maru having longer hair). So ive been tweaking somethings, made a banner, some txt with intructions and put everything on a tidy package that I hope is easy to understand.

So here it is:
bannersfj5c.png

https://mega.nz/#!9Bh2GToJ!l4vln23PLiUNAmdOFtMaPga8m65WkDmIJGOOquYsQXo

You have a different folder so you can choose the Maru portrait you most like to use in the game (you have to choose one for normal maru and one for Nurse Maru, so you can mix and match what you like).

About making the bachelors, right now, Im not going to do it, even wanting to do this ones, and the end it started being too much work and had to compensate it with my real life work. I also want to play more that game, that I basically stopped playing becuase I was making the mods lol
So yeah, if I make it at the end, is not going to be soon (I also think the ones the game got are particularly good compraed to the some of the females ones).

I hope you like them!

Going to put them also in the mods section at the stardew valley forums.

Its a bug or a very annoying design decession.
You can hoe them the next day. It has happened to me already twice.

You get various cool weapons for each thing done in the list, so more than a bitching sword ;)

theDeeDubs

Thought my 100% repeatable crash was me stepping on certain area of tiles, but it appears to be the camera panning in a certain area. I was seeing if I could move my greenhouse through Robin and my game crashes once the camera pans in the northwest corner of my farm. I'm assuming this is going to keep me from completing the community center now because of the need to upgrade the greenhouse. 50 hours down the drain unless the patch fixes it.

finalflame

Gold Member
Absolutely disappointing that the controls were not revamped for console. The current controls are alright, but I really expected full controller controls as part of the port. Bought on XBO and PS4 in addition to my PC copy anyways to support the dev, but man is this a huge letdown.

Supernorn

Chucklefish (Starbound)
I'm now waiting for the patch to become available on Xbox One and won't play it until then.

Still waiting for the go ahead, but can't imagine it will be too much longer. Sorry for all those still waiting patiently, we'll let you guys know as soon as we get the green light.

Gator86

Absolutely disappointing that the controls were not revamped for console. The current controls are alright, but I really expected full controller controls as part of the port. Bought on XBO and PS4 in addition to my PC copy anyways to support the dev, but man is this a huge letdown.

Haven't been following this incredibly closely, but is there a chance they're patching in non-half-assed controls?

BaasRed

Banned
I will be getting this game tomorrow. I have a laptop with i7-7500U and a PS4, which version should run better? I heard of some problems with PS4 version here.

theDeeDubs

I am now unable to progress because it crashes to home screen when I go to sleep on the last day of Winter. Xbox One here. Think I saw that one in the patch notes at least.

dd492941

This game has been forcing me to hard reboot my machine the couple times we tried to play it. Basically doesn't allow rest mode to work correctly. I'm playing on a ps4pro. Good news is my fiance loves the game already. Hates the fact I might need to Uninstall it because I wouldn't want one 12 dollar game to brick my system

TheKeyPit

Banned
If there ever is a 1.2 update I'd like to see Iridium Quality fish to become available. It would be cool to buy a boat and then be able to travel to a fixed location somehwere in the ocean. Only you, your boat and water around you. A new fishing pole would be needed too for catching Iridium Quality fish there.

Still waiting for the go ahead, but can't imagine it will be too much longer. Sorry for all those still waiting patiently, we'll let you guys know as soon as we get the green light.

Hopefully today :)

Edit:
I took a look at the wiki page for animals. Complicated stuff. In all seasons(except for winter), if you want to maximize the mood of your animals(mood of 255) you have to know this: Eating grass outside will max out their mood, but if you pet them afterwards, the mood value will be around 0. You should pet them first and then let them eat grass outside.

Edit2:
I had to play for a bit xD

Got some Large Goat Milk and now I finally have my Greenhouse on Xbox One. Bought 48 star fruit seeds, planted them + 48 blueberry seeds that I saved for this purpose:

I can't wait to start making $$$.

rcl66

This game has been forcing me to hard reboot my machine the couple times we tried to play it. Basically doesn't allow rest mode to work correctly. I'm playing on a ps4pro. Good news is my fiance loves the game already. Hates the fact I might need to Uninstall it because I wouldn't want one 12 dollar game to brick my system

Does it work ok if you do a full power off? This is troubling and makes me not want to start the game again.

Taffer

Got some Large Goat Milk and now I finally have my Greenhouse on Xbox One. Bought 48 star fruit seeds, planted them + 48 blueberry seeds that I saved for this purpose:

I can't wait to start making $$$.

Good work rushing the greenhouse, why not fit in a few out-of-season crops as well and see if you can finish all the bundles early without relying on cave bat RNG? I'm going to be Mr Efficient Bastard next time, probably cash crops > joja membership but planning a perfect bundle rampage would also be satisfying.

I've played a ton of this on PC but bought this on a whim on PS4 and it's still great. After being frustrated with some games recently it felt so good to be really into something.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I thought ConcernedApe wasn't working on the console versions, think he is just doing the PC and the ports got farmed out?

He's not working on the console ports.

Good work rushing the greenhouse, why not fit in a few out-of-season crops as well and see if you can finish all the bundles early without relying on cave bat RNG? I'm going to be Mr Efficient Bastard next time, probably cash crops > joja membership but planning a perfect bundle rampage would also be satisfying.

I have one winter foraging item left for the Crafts Room bundle. The Bulletin Board bundle is the only thing left with a couple of things missing.

My plan is to make wine out of the star fruits. This will be my primary way of making cash.

Edit: I'm going to take it slow from now on. I'll try to create a nice layout for my farm with fruit trees, etc.

Patch, where are you? :/

Cincaid

Playing on PS4. Minor spoilers I guess, but I recently decided to restart on a new character. My first character reached halfway into Fall with the mines completed. And I was really surprised when I entered the mines with my new character:

All floors were unlocked in the elevator, just like they were on my first character. I quickly checked the treasure floors and found no treasure chests. I haven't checked the floor with a Stardrop, since that's more or less the only important one (except the Skull Key, which was still on the 120:th floor on the new character). Is this working as intended or is it a bug?

Update: Checked the 100:th floor and no Stardrop chest. I'm still at 270 Energy at this character so I'm putting this one down as quite a huge bug. Beware if you start a new character with a save file around where you have cleared the mines. I named my farm the same as my old character, but doubt that's a reason.

Waveset

Gotcha. I'll probably just uninstall until they sort out the control and Pro issues that are apparently popping up.
I'm also having problems with rest mode on a Pro. Also, with the game running and I switch to a different input on the TV, when I return to the PS4 I just get a black screen but can hear the game audio.

Gator86

I'm also having problems with rest mode on a Pro. Also, with the game running and I switch to a different input on the TV, when I return to the PS4 I just get a black screen but can hear the game audio.

Crazy that people are encountering so many system level bugs with the Pro. This seems like the worst Pro game yet. I don't recall seeing these types of issues with any other game out there.

calder

Exact same thing happened to me on the weekend. Pretty annoying as I have zero self control and when I'm playing a less intense game like Stardew I frequently switch inputs on my AVR to quickly check something on TV.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Is this a Japanese or Western developed game?

Supernorn

Chucklefish (Starbound)
Xbox patch should be going live for people any minute now. Thank you for your patience everyone!

Give it a few if you aren't seeing it yet, while the patch rolls out to everyone.

hampig

Xbox patch should be going live for people any minute now. Thank you for your patience everyone!

Give it a few if you aren't seeing it yet, while the patch rolls out to everyone.

Thanks for the updates!

Can you speak at all to potential control updates in the future? A lot of people including myself would love it to be able to play the whole game without having to move the little cursor around.

theDeeDubs

Thanks! Love this game so much.

**Edit**

Good news: It lets me sleep and finish my year.
Bad news: It still crashes at the same spot in my farm 100%. I tried on 28 Winter and 1 Spring. :(

Only reason I didn't just start a new file was because I had almost everyone at full hearts for recipes. Luckily I enjoy starting RPGs over for the sake of efficiency on future runs.

Supernorn

Chucklefish (Starbound)
Thanks! Love this game so much.

Good news: It lets me sleep and finish my year.
Bad news: It still crashes at the same spot in my farm 100%. I tried on 28 Winter and 1 Spring. :(

Can you PM me some more information? It crashes when you move to a very specific spot on your farm? That sounds like a tricky one to replicate but I can pass it on.

Retro

Is it ok to sell wood and stone often? Need the cash...

Yeah, if you're desperate for cash you can sell wood and stone. You can always plant more trees (or clear the forest area, the trees grow back on their own), the mine will always have stone to harvest, and worst case scenario you can buy it straight from Robin once you have your cash flow problems sorted out.

Is this a Japanese or Western developed game?

Western developed, the sole individual responsible for the game lives in Seattle.

Where do you buy the bigger bag and how much is it?

There are two bag upgrades, both purchased at Pierre's General Store (same place you buy your seeds, though the bags are on the counter, not his store inventory); the first is 2,000g and the second is 10,000g. Each adds 12 slots to your inventory, for 36 slots total.

theDeeDubs

Can you PM me some more information? It crashes when you move to a very specific spot on your farm? That sounds like a tricky one to replicate but I can pass it on.

Thanks so much. I sent a little more information and a youtube video from my stream. Love this game!

Gator86

Bought the game yesterday and Pro rest issues today. This game shouldn't have made it out of cert.

theDeeDubs

Some updates (XB1) after the patch: I started a new game, and performance has been great. Hitches/freezes seem totally gone. As far as my crashes on my first save, it didn't start until my greenhouse area started getting very overgrown in the fall. In order to avoid this again, I'm keeping the area clear. If you were avoiding this game, I'd say now is the time to jump in. Be ready to kiss any other games you're playing goodbye for a while though.

Cincaid

Playing on a PS4 Pro and I must say this is one of my top five games of the year. This doesn't come without its issues though:

• The bug I mentioned above, which I have sent a PM to the Dev about.
  • Some smaller hitches while walking around your farm, especially in the beginning when there's a lot of stuff around.
  • The "rest mode" issue which everyone else with a Pro seems to have.
  • Sadly a lot of bugs with the music. Sometimes it cuts out, starts over mid-tune, and so on. Which is a shame since the music is really nice.

Even though I have above issues the game itself is just fantastic, and it's even more amazing there's ONE guy behind the original game. Really inspiring for my friends who are developers.

Mexen

60+ hours in and just got married but there are still a lot of things I have not done. What an amazing game.

Tall Paul

Finally purchased the XB1 version last night, only played for a few hours but its clear its going to be awesome, i keep getting distracted by things but perhaps should just focus on clearing my site for now ready to plan the farm out.

Top Bottom