• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley |OT| Resting Under a Harvest Moon [Up: now on PS4]

Does anyone have experience with Stardew on Steam and the "Get Dressed" mod? Can't seem to get it working no matter where the mod is placed. Experiencing a fatal error on launch too.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm aiming for a Deluxe Coop that will house ducks and rabbits(still need that duck feather and rabbit foot); an additional Deluxe Barn that will house pigs.

Those two buildings should easily fill out the bottom left of my farm leaving only the bottom right untreated.

Marriage could happen in the summer. I'm currently at 9 hearts with Leah.

Edit: I'll somehow try to create a picture of my farm after everything is complete.

vix

My understanding is the JoJa thing is the only real missable, and it's because it's a parallel path to the Community Center stuff.

There's literally one thing that you can miss, an event with Shane that apparently only happens in your first summer (and I may be wrong, but I believe that's been fixed too since he was made a marriage candidate). That's literally it, everything else is either waiting for you to trigger it or repeats (holidays and such). Quests, mining, etc. is all waiting for when you're ready.

The Joja thing isn't really something you miss (minor spoilers):
you have the option to buy a membership to Jojamart, which is the last straw for the Mayor who decides to sell the land to Joja, and they turn it into a warehouse.
It's simply a choice you get to make, Joja or the Community Center, so that achievement is probably best earned on an alternative playthru just to trigger it.
Thanks! I will definitely do another playthrough for JoJa. I'm not too concerned with that at the moment.

I've been fishing and mining for the most part while trying to grow some crops to finish off some bundles. I think I'm gonna spend some time just earning money so I get get the items and upgrades I want first. I think I might have some sort of plan now.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Wait, does this game punish you in any way for dicking around and being very exploratory and casual? Because I've had many days of just aimless exploration and getting nothing planted or harvested. I read some stuff that made it sound like you could paint yourself in a corner this way, but I'd hate to think that you'd be dissuaded to play the game how you like...

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, does this game punish you in any way for dicking around and being very exploratory and casual? Because I've had many days of just aimless exploration and getting nothing planted or harvested. I read some stuff that made it sound like you could paint yourself in a corner this way, but I'd hate to think that you'd be dissuaded to play the game how you like...

No.

Do whatever you want and go at your own pace.

Erheller

Yeah, you could sleep for 2 years straight and you wouldn't miss anything.

Your farm will get a little cluttered though

7kl1HRm.jpg

Randam

do you have to use the left stick to navigate the menues when playing with a controller?

I got my GPD Win yesterday and the left stick moves way to fast.
using the d-pad would be better imo.

Conan-san

do you have to use the left stick to navigate the menues when playing with a controller?

I got my GPD Win yesterday and the left stick moves way to fast.
using the d-pad would be better imo.

Yes and it is as much of a pain in the rear as you think it is.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Is the official wiki down for everyone else? I just wanted to see which tasks grant Foraging XP, because I'm chopping down trees like an idiot and I can't reach Lvl 10.

Is the official wiki down for everyone else? I just wanted to see which tasks grant Foraging XP, because I'm chopping down trees like an idiot and I can't reach Lvl 10.

Yeah, it's down for me as well.

I feel like when I'm not playing my farm is slowly going to shit and I'm gonna come back and all my crops are gonna be dead, hahaha.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I caught the Legend fish(location spoiler):
screenshot-original360ds9t.png

Wedding on the 5th of summer year 2 with Leah(wedding spoiler):
screenshot-original37g2sua.png

My cellar: The gold star casks contain goat cheese; the silver star casks contain starfruit wine(30 iridium quality bottles worth ~180k)
screenshot-original38l5siw.png

Yeah, it's down for me as well.

I feel like when I'm not playing my farm is slowly going to shit and I'm gonna come back and all my crops are gonna be dead, hahaha.

Haha.

I forgot to buy new seeds after I harvested my starfruits. I lost fertilizers worth 15k that day :/

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
After diving into the PS4 version and playing through 6.5 seasons in a week, I'm missing my farm so badly while away for the holidays. I gotta get back, buy my cellar and finish the greenhouse requirements.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Are the controls on PS4 as weird as they are on PC w/ controller?

e.g. Can't use DPAD to navigate menus, cursor controlled by thumbsticks?

If that's the case I may just get it on PC.

Are the controls on PS4 as weird as they are on PC w/ controller?

e.g. Can't use DPAD to navigate menus, cursor controlled by thumbsticks?

If that's the case I may just get it on PC.
Yeah, that's how they are. Im already used to them though. Inventory management isn't bad and the only time I don't like the cursor thumbs ticket controls is when checking the journal.
It's even better remote played on Vita if that's an option.

TheKeyPit

Banned
My second beehive setup is complete and thanks to two thunderstorms I was able to gather some batteries for lamp-posts:
---------

I now have a shed where I'll place all my kegs(construction of it can be seen on the top left in that picture).

DuffDry

Finished the community center today, now just riding out the back half of Fall and all of Winter until I'm judged. Then I'll probably start a new game with the forest map. Fantastic game, and the update only brought me back for more this holiday break. I'll probably share my farm when I wrap up my renovations.

Now, is it weird to be patiently waiting for some courageous soul to switch the SDV characters with the ones from HM64. I bet they'd all lift out really well if you just did the sprite work.

Retro

A couple quick FYIs;

The stable fits next to the house so well that I'm almost certain it was intentional; their roofs basically connect, and it puts your horse immediately at your disposal;

cpKr3qM.jpg

Just letting people know so they can plan their farms for it if they want. I like mine laid out that way.

Also, the soundtrack is on sale during the current Steam Sale, for $3.34. Very nice background music for working, and a good way to throw some money at an up-and-coming developer (who did everything, including all the music, by himself).

Sumidor

Is there a price difference between shipping off stuff in the container next to house, compared to going to the actual stores?

vix

Is there going to be a fix for text cut off on the left hand side of the screen and on the top right of the screen and the top left of the screen?

I can't even take screenshots of it in-game because when I do, the screenshots look fine. My tv is still cutting off areas on all four sides it would seem, though on three of them I've been able to notice. It's not as bad as the energy bar being completely off screen but it's enough to be annoying. I miss bits of notifications and status ailments. On the screen that shows what you've put in the box at the end of the day, the bit where you can see it all itemized is cut off and hard to read too.

For example, in the fishing mini game during the fall festival, this is the normal top left hand corner:

But this is what I see:

finalflame

How's the console version of this game? I put a bit of time in it on PC.

Seem to have some issues on XBOX, probably fixed by latest patch. They did absolutely nothing to adapt controls to consoles, which is absolutely awful and disappointing. With that said, the controls work alright.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Is there any cost to moving buildings later on?

also this game is real good. i did my part by buying it the day it came out on pc and forgetting to play it until earlier this week

TheKeyPit

Banned
I've found 5/7 Stardrops so far.

A rabbit's foot, a truffle and three apples are the only things left for completing the Community Center.

Year 3 rating spoiler:
I'll get all 4 candles lit by grandpa, because I've already met the requirements for 12+ points(I have 12 points)

Yep, they move along with the structure.

Good to know, thanks.

B-Dex

I really wanna play but I have a PS4 pro and the Devs still don't understand why it messes up the entire console. Not a good look.

danowat

Banned
I wanna get this on PS4 but the time seems to past too fast for my liking.

Should I get for PC instead and use mods?

Time is irrelevant, whether the passage is slow or fast, it doesn't matter, time management is the key.

There is no time pressure, there is nothing to be lost or gained by trying to rush things.

How's the console version of this game? I put a bit of time in it on PC.

Controls are pretty much identical between PC and console, which seems to generally be a bad thing, performance on XBO is now passable, I still get small hitches every now and then, but nothing like pre-patch, and haven't had a crash since the patch.

Cindro

I've desperately wanted this game since it launched on PC, and now that it's on xbone I'm fighting so hard to resist buying it. I know I'd enjoy a portable version of it more, so I'm trying to wait for the Switch version, but I don't know if I'll make it...

Time is irrelevant, whether the passage is slow or fast, it doesn't matter, time management is the key.

There is no time pressure, there is nothing to be lost or gained by trying to rush things.

I'll echo this sentiment and add that sometimes days even seem too long. Often I can finish the things I want to do by 7 or 8 PM. And then I just chop trees or go fishing. Of course, there is never enough time if you're exploring the mines.

And I wouldn't want to extend the time because it would just mean it takes longer to get to the next season. I feel the seasons last exactly as long as they should.

I really wanna play but I have a PS4 pro and the Devs still don't understand why it messes up the entire console. Not a good look.

Yeah it's ridiculous. This was my most anticipated game and it fucked up my console 4 times. I have absolutely no idea how this game is still listed on the store.

yonder

Just got this yesterday and really liking it so far :)

I'm playing on my mac, though, and I can't get my PS4-controller to work with it :/ Tried googling and searching, but came up empty. Anyone know a way to get it working or do I just have to hope for an update?

Supernorn

Chucklefish (Starbound)
Enjoying the game a lot, but I'm surprised by the frequency of crashes! Any idea how to fix this?

I hope you've all had a great Christmas!

So we're aiming to make a patch available in January that will solve the most serious issues people have reported. However, we're still in need of more information regarding a crash when loading a save file, and the PS4 Pro rest issue some of you have experienced. If you have either of these two issues, please see this forum post for details.

vix

I hope you've all had a great Christmas!

So we're aiming to make a patch available in January that will solve the most serious issues people have reported. However, we're still in need of more information regarding a crash when loading a save file, and the PS4 Pro rest issue some of you have experienced. If you have either of these two issues, please see this forum post for details.

Can you fix the other three corners where text and pictures and what not are cut off? The bottom left, the upper left, and the upper right still don't show up right on my tv. I miss notification in the lower left. The timers for the some of the event mini games are completely cut off. Status effect boxes, I can only see half of it. If I pick up a resource I can only see half of it.

It doesn't make the game unplayable but it is still fairly annoying.

ThisOne

Yikes, I was about to pull the trigger on this today but seeing all the PS4 Pro issues has me hesitating. Am I better off waiting for the patch? What if I just don't use Rest mode? Will that resolve most of the Pro issues?

Randam

I'll echo this sentiment and add that sometimes days even seem too long. Often I can finish the things I want to do by 7 or 8 PM. And then I just chop trees or go fishing. Of course, there is never enough time if you're exploring the mines.

And I wouldn't want to extend the time because it would just mean it takes longer to get to the next season. I feel the seasons last exactly as long as they should.

Days are pretty short.
When you have to collect 24 eggs, milk 24 cows and also have to harvest some crops there is not much else you can do that day.

Yikes, I was about to pull the trigger on this today but seeing all the PS4 Pro issues has me hesitating. Am I better off waiting for the patch? What if I just don't use Rest mode? Will that resolve most of the Pro issues?

Yup. So far as long as I use the "Turn Off PS4" option, it shuts the system down fine. You may still run into a problem with booting up a disc based game, but doing a shutdown on the system will help with that. Also if someone invites you to a party chat, the game will crash and it keeps crashing until you shut down that system. Those so far are the problems I ran into.

Edit: Just tested the game with just booting up my save file, closing the game, booting up a disc game, using rest mode and it seems to go in rest mode just fine. The problem might be tied to how long you have been playing the game.

Top Bottom