• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed to June 7 (NA) June 9 (EU)

Welp.

To support the Social Play features, we are using a brand new online technology. We also want to make sure we have the opportunity and time to address player feedback from the Closed Beta. That is why we will give ourselves a bit more time to perfect the game, with a new release date for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst of June 7th (NA) and June 9th (EU). We’re confident that these extra two weeks will make sure the game is as amazing as possible for you the players.

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news/mec...social&cid=4424&ts=1461254443901&sf45807253=1

A delayed game, brehs

It is eventually good.

Take all the time you need, DICE. Add as much online content as you can to make the game better. Plenty of games to play before then.

Corpekata

Banned
Knew a delay had to be coming, it was getting way too close with little promotion and May is pretty packed. This is what I wrote in that "May is packed thread" :

I'm half expecting Mirror's Edge to be delayed. Still feels like they're barely promoting it. Delay into June or July gets it away from the relatively packed month.

Ridley327

Seems like a good move from a tactical standpoint. It was coming out on the same day as Overwatch, which was not going to be a favorable match-up no matter how you slice it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is a wise move. I'm fine with it.

giphy.gif

Doom is next is?

KORNdoggy

just to make sure, this isn't some bullshit online only game right? that would quash my excitement pretty much instantly.

Mdk7

I was born on June 7th, so this will be a perfect birthday gift.
Also, I'll have more time to play Doom and Overwatch in May. :D

Theorry

2 weeks is not bad.

Part of me wants to believe that the real reason they're delaying it is to remove the skill tree bullshit. lol.

Its not that bad imo. Playing the beta now. Alot is already unlocked. Roll is like the second one wich you get almost right away and the rest is just those little extra's.

NOOOOOOO.
NOOOOOOOOO.

I'm beyond sad. It frees up my May for Uncharted and the Overwatch beta, but that is damn depressing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So long as they extend the beta, I'm fine with that. Maybe they're adding in cross-play? :D?

I wasn't gonna play it till June anyway. We got Uncharted 4, Overwatch, Doom, Shadow of the Beast, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and many other games in May.

DOWN

Banned
Pretty sure this is because of the crowded May. That sucks but it was way too close to other AAAs so good for it's success I hope.

Tuck

Wut.

Oye vey, just release the damn game already.

EDIT: At least we get to play it tomorrow... Though, I haven't received an email about that yet. Have the emails been sent out?

Top Bottom